PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 11:29 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx
So I played with the Arrive for a long time today..

Training device at the store, had my share of time with it today, checked it all out.

Pretty nice keyboard and tilt mechanism, hardware felt awesome in the hand. Software really isnt there for landscape yet which is a bummer with the keyboard.

Netflix worked great however.

Just posting in case you guys had some questions.

Sorry about the blurriness of a few of the pics, I was in a bit of a rush(the public isn't supposed to be seeing the device yet, so taking pictures isn't exactly easy :P)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wp71.jpg (74.7 KB, 156 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg wp72.jpg (273.8 KB, 149 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg wp73.jpg (119.7 KB, 131 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg wp74.jpg (86.2 KB, 138 views) Click for barcode!

Donate if you like my work!

Last edited by intx; 03-12-2011 at 12:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:14 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: So I played with the Arrive for a long time today..

very nice and im sure the questions will be flowing in real soon.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:27 AM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Threadstarter

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP

Pics up.

Sometimes the transitions get annoying when you're just trying to be done with something..it's pretty though.

The worst culprit is the weather in the HTC hub, switching between cities does this whole cloud moving crazy popup thing, it looks pretty cool but takes about 5 seconds and could be very annoying if you're just trying to check the weather in a hurry.

Apps load really quickly, Netflix took about a minute to load up the app and get into a movie on 3g, quality seemed pretty good.

Battery life seemed good, although I had no percentages to work with, it didn't seem to drain that bad.

One thing I noticed though: In the marketplace, larger apps like 3d games can't be downloaded over 3g, it says "Wifi or PC Connection Required"
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:30 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx View Post
Pics up.

Sometimes the transitions get annoying when you're just trying to be done with something..it's pretty though.

The worst culprit is the weather in the HTC hub, switching between cities does this whole cloud moving crazy popup thing, it looks pretty cool but takes about 5 seconds and could be very annoying if you're just trying to check the weather in a hurry.

Apps load really quickly, Netflix took about a minute to load up the app and get into a movie on 3g, quality seemed pretty good.

Battery life seemed good, although I had no percentages to work with, it didn't seem to drain that bad.

One thing I noticed though: In the marketplace, larger apps like 3d games can't be downloaded over 3g, it says "Wifi or PC Connection Required"
weather issue im sure will be fixed with a hack like tp2 was soon as phones out and games dl is same on epic/evo and not a big deal. thanx for pictures.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:32 AM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
weather issue im sure will be fixed with a hack like tp2 was soon as phones out and games dl is same on epic/evo and not a big deal. thanx for pictures.
Well the HTC Hub is just an app, you're free to use any app you'd like for weather.

And you're incorrect about the EVO/Epic downloads, I own an Epic.

You can download any application from the android market over 3g, some game manufacturers have their own restrictions in place(See the Spectral Souls game is wifi or pc only because it's 1gb)

However, games like Pocket Legends are over 30mb with no issues, Xplane is somewhere around there.

EDIT: Just noticed you have the Epic...what games have you had issues with? I don't mean you downloading the game to have it say you need wifi for the files, you cant even download the application at all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:35 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx View Post
Well the HTC Hub is just an app, you're free to use any app you'd like for weather.

And you're incorrect about the EVO/Epic downloads, I own an Epic.

You can download any application from the android market over 3g, some game manufacturers have their own restrictions in place(See the Spectral Souls game is wifi or pc only because it's 1gb)

However, games like Pocket Legends are over 30mb with no issues, Xplane is somewhere around there.

EDIT: Just noticed you have the Epic...what games have you had issues with? I don't mean you downloading the game to have it say you need wifi for the files, you cant even download the application at all.
im sorry i was thinking you said "install" games cause some games on my epic/evo ask you to use wifi but you can use 3/4g so my bad for not reading. ty
Old 03-12-2011, 09:29 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

nice find!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

95FormulaTA is becoming a great contributor

Thanks intx! I can't wait to get it and try it out. I'm still rockin' the Vogue because I've never had a good reason to upgrade but already have my name on the list here locally to get it the day of release! Just went down from back surgery so a good 5-6 weeks of playing with a new phone will pass the time just great! Thanks again for the pics.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95FormulaTA View Post
Thanks intx! I can't wait to get it and try it out. I'm still rockin' the Vogue because I've never had a good reason to upgrade but already have my name on the list here locally to get it the day of release! Just went down from back surgery so a good 5-6 weeks of playing with a new phone will pass the time just great! Thanks again for the pics.
Back surgery? ouch man... I wish you speedy recovery. I had part of my L5 disc removed, no fusion, and was up and walking around with 0 pain 2 hours after surgery. I got extremely lucky.

Anyways to get back on topic. To the OP, what sweet talking did you have to do to get your hands on that training device? I would like to see if my local store would allow me to fondle the new device.

---6700-->Mogul-->TP--->TP2--->Arrive
Old 03-12-2011, 10:14 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
Back surgery? ouch man... I wish you speedy recovery. I had part of my L5 disc removed, no fusion, and was up and walking around with 0 pain 2 hours after surgery. I got extremely lucky.

Anyways to get back on topic. To the OP, what sweet talking did you have to do to get your hands on that training device? I would like to see if my local store would allow me to fondle the new device.
doesn't op work there? im off to my friends store @ 12 today cause they got one but there not open to public use but im playing with one all day. scares me the one picture shows slider open but phones not in landscape?

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro