PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

Logicwrath is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I use WPA-TKIP with RADIUS certificate authentication at home. I was able to get it to connect successfully.

I use WPA-PSK-TKIP at work. I was able to get the phone to connect after many diffrent attempts disabling-reenabling comm hardware and resetting the phone. I think if you really want it to connect it sounds like you need to be tenatious. I have not tried to disconnect/reconnect yet.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6700
Carrier: Verizon

saturn2069a is a n00b
THIS WORKS (at least for me!):

1 - Configure your WPA-PSK(TKIP) network Settings by going to Settings - Connections - WiFi. Or just enable WLAN in the Wireless Manager and when it sees your network put the key in there.

2 - Once Wireless is enabled, let it try to connect for like 5-10 seconds or so.

3 - In the Wireless Manager, while it is trying to connect quickly turn WLAN off and then back on again. Do not let it stay off for more than just a second or so. When it turns back on though WiFi connects to your WPA-PSK network almost immediately.

I've tried this several times now and it works for me. If were to just turn on WLAN and leave it alone, it just sits on "Connecting" and then goes back to "Available" without ever connecting. I've not had to shut off the phone radio or bluetooth or anything - just quickly turn WLAN off and then back on!

I can't take credit for this - I got it from here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=442 - its buried 40-some pages into another topic so a lot of people are probably missing it!!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: AT&T

CrunchSA is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn2069a View Post
THIS WORKS (at least for me!):

1 - Configure your WPA-PSK(TKIP) network Settings by going to Settings - Connections - WiFi. Or just enable WLAN in the Wireless Manager and when it sees your network put the key in there.

2 - Once Wireless is enabled, let it try to connect for like 5-10 seconds or so.

3 - In the Wireless Manager, while it is trying to connect quickly turn WLAN off and then back on again. Do not let it stay off for more than just a second or so. When it turns back on though WiFi connects to your WPA-PSK network almost immediately.

I've tried this several times now and it works for me. If were to just turn on WLAN and leave it alone, it just sits on "Connecting" and then goes back to "Available" without ever connecting. I've not had to shut off the phone radio or bluetooth or anything - just quickly turn WLAN off and then back on!

I can't take credit for this - I got it from here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=442 - its buried 40-some pages into another topic so a lot of people are probably missing it!!
I can confirm success with this method. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wink Wm6 Apache Solution(trick) For Wi-fi Problem To Work With Wpa-psk Tkip

I created a Written How-to and a Youtube video for this too.

I FOUND A WAY TO FOR THE WIFI TO WORK WITH WPA-PSK TKIP.
THIS IS HOW I DID IT: (i recommend to soft reset your device before you try this to ensure success chances)

1. TURN YOUR WI-FI ON. THEN CONNECT TO YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK (ENTER YOUR WPA KEY ETC).

2. LE THE WI-FI DO IT'S THING FOR ABOUT 5 SECONDS. (IN THE MEANTIME GO TO THE COMM MANAGER)

3. NOW TURN THE WI-FI OFF (WAIT ABOUT 1 SECONDS) AND TURN IT BACK ON. WALA, YOU SHOULD CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY RIGHT-AWAY (AFTER A FEW SECONDS) TO THE WI-FI YOU JUST CONFIGURED.

4. AFTER YOU HAVE CONFIGURED YOUR WI-FI CONNECTIONS, YOU ONLY NEED TO FOLLOW STEPS 2 & 3 TO RECONNECT TO YOUR CONFIGURED WI-FI NETWORK

(THIS EVEN WORKS WHEN THE PHONE GOES TO SLEEP MODE, THE WIFI RECONNECTS WITHOUT ANY ISSUES)

Here is the how-to on youtube for those that dont like to read. LOL
(you dont need to wait so long to turn wi-fi on and off as the video suggest, use the time suggestion of the written How-to above)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDI_cR7RXGw

I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE BEST SOLUTION, BUT IT SHOULD HOLD US UP (THOSE THAT DONT HAVE DATA PACKAGE LIKE ME) UNTIL A KITCHEN OR FIX IS CREATED. THIS WORKS FOR ME FLAWLESSLY, SO HOPE AT LEAST FOR MOST OF YOU THIS WILL WORK.

NOTE:
You will also find this how-to Here (where i originally posted it)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7780&page=45
or
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7780

Last edited by nico4k; 09-12-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700 w/ helmi c wm6
Carrier: Alltel

Mikeg1969 is a n00b
I can also confirm this works.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

dan18 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dan18
yep it works thanks dude
Old 11-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 and Treo 700wx

fusionjd is a n00b
Recently upgraded to WM6. Can't seem to get my XV6700 to use wifi now. I turn on Wireless LAN thru the comm manager and go to the Wireless LAN settings and the "Change Network" button is grayed out. I tried soft reset, no luck. Maybe I am just missing something basic here...
Old 11-06-2007, 12:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: UTStarcom 6700
Carrier: Bell Mobility

usib is a n00b
Hmm, definitely does not work here. When I connect for the first time, I am not experiencing a long pause; it fairly quickly rejects my network and shows a list of all other available networks. If I look in settings, the networks shows up as "unavailable".

This is with the latest pre-packaged ROM image. Has this been fixed in the kitchen?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
New Helmi-kitchen-based rom connected right up with my WPA-PSK secured network. No problems.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Lurker

mikey415 is a n00b
same, but sprint is replacing my phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache