PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

wingzero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah, if you don't go wild with it, you'll be ok. I've used many times and didn't get charge for it.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

alohaHTC is a n00b
Anyone looking to do this in Linux has had a rough time ... until now!

See: http://ppcgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?t=170
Old 07-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Lurker

KingJames334 is a n00b
billing

I just followed those instructions and got mine hooked up, works great. But just one question will Sprint bill me for this usage? has anyone gotton a bill? or can sprint tell that we have a connection. I hate sprint, personally thought when I bought the phone that this modem worked to dail up any internet provider of my choise. When I called sprint they said I needed to signup for an additional plan that cost 39.95 a month in addition to my existing plan. Sprint sucks !!
Old 07-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
no no no please dont say that. Sprint rules , where else can u even get a data package for 15 dollars???? ummm no where, verzion charges u like 35, not sure to be exact. no i havent been charged for any tethering. shoot my plan is like 42 after tax with alot of free goodies.
~mike

Old 07-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
if you abuse the tethering you are more likely to get caught, if you just use it now and then , it should be no problem.

Cingular's data package for having a data card with unlimitited aceess is around 80 dollars, tax and hardware excluded, and that is with a data card. It is more with a cell phone as a modem. Our 6700 is able to stream A LOT before it raises any flags of being used as a modem without having to have the "additional plan" that you believe to be expensive. Alltel offers that same access for around 100 dollars. I happen to check everytime that i use it as a modem and I have transfered close to 1GB in one day of use with no extra charges so far.......Sprint doesn't suck so bad if you really think about it. Just make sure you research before jumping into conclusions that could cause you to lose into many good things that are out there.

And if there is ever any questions, feel free to PM anybody in this forums, we sure dont mind helping each other at any time

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 07-06-2006, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

Rufus is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Rufus
I doubt that they are going to catch you... I have been using this pretty heavily... Including connecting to my company and remoting into my PC at work. I am sure that if anything was going to draw too much bandwidth, it would be that or downloading music or something. I think that having this phone, they expect some users to do this, since the modem program is included in the programs of the initial install (at least for the upgraded ROM).

.... Oh yeah, and check out my blog!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:09 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
How would they know

I have used this heavily for the last couple of weeks and I haven't seen any charges. How would they even know, doesn't the data transfer look like your regular cell data transfer. You are singing on the same way that you wood if you were just using PIE how would Sprints system be able to tell that you are using a laptop
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to xclusiv_1
WOW just set this up like 3 minutes ago and the CONNECTION IS FAST!!!! thanxs to everyone who contributed to figuring this out
Old 07-25-2006, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

p0ww0ww0w is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to p0ww0ww0w Send a message via Yahoo to p0ww0ww0w
i was able to connect with the usb but i couldnt figure out how to connect with bluetooth could someone help!? thanks!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:25 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
i found this out because i tried to use my phone as a modem on my wifes laptop and whatever usb bluetooth dongle he has does not support dun only filesharing and a few other things i went home and connected to my motorola usb dongle and there was the connection to use the phone as a modem.so not only does the phone have to support dun but so does the computer ur connecting it to .....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache