PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache Kitchen Update LZX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80608)

Getitnowmarketing 08-22-2009 09:57 PM

Apache Kitchen Update LZX

3 Attachment(s)
Requested by Cya this is an LZX kit for apache. I also updated the driver set to the diamond shared base for video codecs, dshow, mhub etc. Use the apache lzx source in core to port the xip to a newer build and you must use the nk.fat which is adjusted for lzx compression. By adjusting the driver base so apps such as htc youtube player should now work it grew in size causing the need for lzx compression which will also let you add a few more mbs of oem apps in such as MSCV that wouldnt fit before. The lzx enabled cecompr_nt.dll goes in C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS. If you use the stock one in ppck it has a mem leak when compressing lzx and will run your PC out of memory. BTW autorun and sdautorun should now work on apache.

SEE POST 30 for a NEWER CORE

cya 08-23-2009 12:14 PM

Re: Apache Kitchen Update LZX

dellisdee ... thanks as always for sharing your ppc knowledge and work!

edit: FYI ... just booted to 23034 using lzx mods, thanks again!

PPCFreak 08-25-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cya (Post 1117396)
dellisdee ... thanks as always for sharing your ppc knowledge and work!

edit: FYI ... just booted to 23034 using lzx mods, thanks again!

How does your apache respond to 23034 build of WM6.5? I was thinking of building a ROM using 23034 but wanted to see if some else had done it yet.

Thanks.

cya 08-25-2009 05:09 PM

PPCFreak ... Apache runs great! I've used the LZX compressed ROM for a day and haven't notice any difference in performance ... seems like a no brainer to use the LZX compression for the ability to package more into the ROM. I haven't had the free time to see just how much I can fit but I can tell you that compared to my original 23034 ppckitchen build the 23034_LZX build with exact settings and OEMs saved slightly over 4 megs of additional space according to systems/memory.

cya

Getitnowmarketing 08-28-2009 09:44 AM

1st boot ie. from hard reset takes a little longer to boot as the lzx takes longer to decompress imgfs in memory but after that its not noticablle at all on apache with the extra benefit of adding in many more oem pkgs. Also, the new driver base I added is about 1.5mbs bigger than old one too so some space is lost due to that.

dennygun 08-30-2009 10:32 PM

drellisdee,
just want to say that I'm really greatful for your Lzx ROM, now I can insert more OEM into my 23037 build, previously I can't include Office, now I can add it and more..wawww..superb...

rgds,

Getitnowmarketing 09-03-2009 08:00 AM

Check out this thread on xda about using UPX compression on oems. It compresses the .exe which makes it smaller and in most cases loads into memory and opens faster. It will also let you add more pkgs into rom and can be used with LZX compression. For example it compresses the opera exe from 6.5mb to like 2.5mb saving 4 mbs for other pkgs. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=481880

Ive been using it for a few weeks and it works well. Compress the .exe in oem pkgs before cooking for best effect. There are upx compression apps to compress it after its already made into rom but doing it that way will not reduce your rom size.

dennygun 09-03-2009 09:20 AM

thx, will try to use it, but there something I wanna ask you,
in build 23037, by using jojobee xip, without porting it, the build manage to boot,
but in 23041 not successful, any idea why?? cause when I try to build using uncompressed Apache Core and drivers it works fine...

thx,

Getitnowmarketing 09-03-2009 02:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ill port it for you. Must of been an error he had. Cannot test it at the moment though.

The top one will 100% work. The 2nd one has the cachefilter, encfilter, and mencfilter included and will theoretically make the device slightly faster in read of files since it has the cachefilter in it but I've had sporadic issues with apache booting with those filters in.

cya 09-03-2009 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
dennygun ... I've attached my working apache_23041_lzx.bin if you want to give it a try ... you'll need to rename after extracting into your Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX

edit: ooops ... Drellisdee beat me to it