PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache Kitchen Update LZX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80608)

cya 09-03-2009 03:25 PM

Re: Apache Kitchen Update LZX

drellisdee ... downloading your modified bin now to try out, thanks for the continued support of the Apache

Getitnowmarketing 09-03-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cya (Post 1138141)
drellisdee ... downloading your modified bin now to try out, thanks for the continued support of the Apache

Np. I haven't "actually" used one in like a year and a half though.

Getitnowmarketing 09-03-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennygun (Post 1137182)
thx, will try to use it, but there something I wanna ask you,
in build 23037, by using jojobee xip, without porting it, the build manage to boot,
but in 23041 not successful, any idea why?? cause when I try to build using uncompressed Apache Core and drivers it works fine...

thx,

JojoBee xip isnt LZX enabled. So if you use my lzx core (ie nk.fat) the imgfs are compressed using LZX but the xip can't decompress the LZX style just XPR style and it wont load or boot thats why. You must use my apache xip LZX source posted as your xip porting source for porting to a newer build if you are using my LZX core. My xip can decompress an XPR or LZX rom btw if you ever want to use the regular XPR type core(nk.fat)

dennygun 09-04-2009 12:11 AM

thx Drelisdee and Cya, will try the xip when I get home today..,
i have tried using xipkitchen from lennysh to port it but unsuccessful, can you guys show me what tools you use to port it..so when the next build comes up, I can port the xip myself..

thx,

cya 09-04-2009 09:39 AM

dennygun ... I use XIPKitchen_Beta6. Here is the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=443383

I had a few issue with previous XIPKitchen builds on Vista Ultimate but haven't had any problems since I updated to beta6. My issues with Vista related to "shadow copy" feature interfering during build. Lots of setup info on the lennysh's thread.

dennygun 09-04-2009 07:58 PM

thx cya, I'm using that too..and I have tried both of your xip and drellisdee..still no boot, but the 23409 build boots fine..yippie..
does autorun.exe works for you??..mine just doesn't work..

Getitnowmarketing 09-04-2009 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dennygun (Post 1141194)
thx cya, I'm using that too..and I have tried both of your xip and drellisdee..still no boot, but the 23409 build boots fine..yippie..
does autorun.exe works for you??..mine just doesn't work..

Try adding this pkg it uses a 6.5 compatable check autorun. Select yes if prompted for overwrite in kitchen. Make sure you select regular autorun and sd autorun also.

wewew 09-09-2009 07:14 PM

i just download and try joojoobe 23041 rom and replacing The Xip wit drellisdee's 23041 XIp, and flash my apache, but after the fist boot screen, the screen become totally black what could be wrong?, please help

cya 09-10-2009 12:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
wewew,

I'd review the steps you've taken in setting up your LZX ppckitchen and verify your spelling of file names as they need to match exactly... the following steps worked for me:

1. Download Drivers_Apache_new.rar, Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX.rar, and cecompr_nt.rar from post #1

2. Extract cecompr_nt.rar to desktop, I renamed my existing cecompr_nt.dll in C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\BuildOS to cecompr_nt_ORIG.dll then copied the new cecompr_nt.dll file from cecompr_nt folder on desktop into C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\BuildOS

3. Extract Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX.rar to Desktop. Copy new lzx .bin (in your case the downloaded/extracted apache_23041_lzx.bin (960.8kB) from post #9) into newly created desktop folder Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX\ROM . Click on folder Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX so that you can see to select/highlight all contents (Patches, ROM, SYS, apache.png, kitchen_config.txt), once all are selected/highlighted right click and select "Add to Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX.rar". When Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX.rar is completed cut and paste to C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens

6. Place the Drivers_Apache_new.rar downloaded in step #1 into C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens

7. Download and place attached Apache_WM6.1_LZX.txt into
C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Projects\Groups\Devic eBases

8. Download and place attached WM6.5_96DPI_QVGA_LZX_23041_0409.txt into
C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Projects\Groups\Build Bases

9. Start ppckitchen BuildOS process and select tab "Create a New Project", select on Apache_WM6.1_LZX.txt and WM6.5_96DPI_QVGA_LZX_23041_0409.txt, name your new project something like 23041_LZX and proceed with the BuildOS process. I used JooJooBee's 23041 ppckitchen files and with Drellisdee's lzx compression modifications is the best rom I've tried so far.

Hope it works for you!

cya

Be sure to thank Drellisdee and JooJooBee for the work!

wewew 09-10-2009 03:01 AM

thanks for fast reply Cya.