PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache Kitchen Update LZX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80608)

Getitnowmarketing 08-22-2009 09:57 PM

Apache Kitchen Update LZX

3 Attachment(s)
Requested by Cya this is an LZX kit for apache. I also updated the driver set to the diamond shared base for video codecs, dshow, mhub etc. Use the apache lzx source in core to port the xip to a newer build and you must use the nk.fat which is adjusted for lzx compression. By adjusting the driver base so apps such as htc youtube player should now work it grew in size causing the need for lzx compression which will also let you add a few more mbs of oem apps in such as MSCV that wouldnt fit before. The lzx enabled cecompr_nt.dll goes in C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS. If you use the stock one in ppck it has a mem leak when compressing lzx and will run your PC out of memory. BTW autorun and sdautorun should now work on apache.

SEE POST 30 for a NEWER CORE

cya 08-23-2009 12:14 PM

Re: Apache Kitchen Update LZX

dellisdee ... thanks as always for sharing your ppc knowledge and work!

edit: FYI ... just booted to 23034 using lzx mods, thanks again!

PPCFreak 08-25-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cya (Post 1117396)
dellisdee ... thanks as always for sharing your ppc knowledge and work!

edit: FYI ... just booted to 23034 using lzx mods, thanks again!

How does your apache respond to 23034 build of WM6.5? I was thinking of building a ROM using 23034 but wanted to see if some else had done it yet.

Thanks.

cya 08-25-2009 05:09 PM

PPCFreak ... Apache runs great! I've used the LZX compressed ROM for a day and haven't notice any difference in performance ... seems like a no brainer to use the LZX compression for the ability to package more into the ROM. I haven't had the free time to see just how much I can fit but I can tell you that compared to my original 23034 ppckitchen build the 23034_LZX build with exact settings and OEMs saved slightly over 4 megs of additional space according to systems/memory.

cya

Getitnowmarketing 08-28-2009 09:44 AM

1st boot ie. from hard reset takes a little longer to boot as the lzx takes longer to decompress imgfs in memory but after that its not noticablle at all on apache with the extra benefit of adding in many more oem pkgs. Also, the new driver base I added is about 1.5mbs bigger than old one too so some space is lost due to that.

dennygun 08-30-2009 10:32 PM

drellisdee,
just want to say that I'm really greatful for your Lzx ROM, now I can insert more OEM into my 23037 build, previously I can't include Office, now I can add it and more..wawww..superb...

rgds,

Getitnowmarketing 09-03-2009 08:00 AM

Check out this thread on xda about using UPX compression on oems. It compresses the .exe which makes it smaller and in most cases loads into memory and opens faster. It will also let you add more pkgs into rom and can be used with LZX compression. For example it compresses the opera exe from 6.5mb to like 2.5mb saving 4 mbs for other pkgs. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=481880

Ive been using it for a few weeks and it works well. Compress the .exe in oem pkgs before cooking for best effect. There are upx compression apps to compress it after its already made into rom but doing it that way will not reduce your rom size.

dennygun 09-03-2009 09:20 AM

thx, will try to use it, but there something I wanna ask you,
in build 23037, by using jojobee xip, without porting it, the build manage to boot,
but in 23041 not successful, any idea why?? cause when I try to build using uncompressed Apache Core and drivers it works fine...

thx,

Getitnowmarketing 09-03-2009 02:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ill port it for you. Must of been an error he had. Cannot test it at the moment though.

The top one will 100% work. The 2nd one has the cachefilter, encfilter, and mencfilter included and will theoretically make the device slightly faster in read of files since it has the cachefilter in it but I've had sporadic issues with apache booting with those filters in.

cya 09-03-2009 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
dennygun ... I've attached my working apache_23041_lzx.bin if you want to give it a try ... you'll need to rename after extracting into your Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX

edit: ooops ... Drellisdee beat me to it

cya 09-03-2009 03:25 PM

drellisdee ... downloading your modified bin now to try out, thanks for the continued support of the Apache

Getitnowmarketing 09-03-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cya (Post 1138141)
drellisdee ... downloading your modified bin now to try out, thanks for the continued support of the Apache

Np. I haven't "actually" used one in like a year and a half though.

Getitnowmarketing 09-03-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennygun (Post 1137182)
thx, will try to use it, but there something I wanna ask you,
in build 23037, by using jojobee xip, without porting it, the build manage to boot,
but in 23041 not successful, any idea why?? cause when I try to build using uncompressed Apache Core and drivers it works fine...

thx,

JojoBee xip isnt LZX enabled. So if you use my lzx core (ie nk.fat) the imgfs are compressed using LZX but the xip can't decompress the LZX style just XPR style and it wont load or boot thats why. You must use my apache xip LZX source posted as your xip porting source for porting to a newer build if you are using my LZX core. My xip can decompress an XPR or LZX rom btw if you ever want to use the regular XPR type core(nk.fat)

dennygun 09-04-2009 12:11 AM

thx Drelisdee and Cya, will try the xip when I get home today..,
i have tried using xipkitchen from lennysh to port it but unsuccessful, can you guys show me what tools you use to port it..so when the next build comes up, I can port the xip myself..

thx,

cya 09-04-2009 09:39 AM

dennygun ... I use XIPKitchen_Beta6. Here is the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=443383

I had a few issue with previous XIPKitchen builds on Vista Ultimate but haven't had any problems since I updated to beta6. My issues with Vista related to "shadow copy" feature interfering during build. Lots of setup info on the lennysh's thread.

dennygun 09-04-2009 07:58 PM

thx cya, I'm using that too..and I have tried both of your xip and drellisdee..still no boot, but the 23409 build boots fine..yippie..
does autorun.exe works for you??..mine just doesn't work..

Getitnowmarketing 09-04-2009 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dennygun (Post 1141194)
thx cya, I'm using that too..and I have tried both of your xip and drellisdee..still no boot, but the 23409 build boots fine..yippie..
does autorun.exe works for you??..mine just doesn't work..

Try adding this pkg it uses a 6.5 compatable check autorun. Select yes if prompted for overwrite in kitchen. Make sure you select regular autorun and sd autorun also.

wewew 09-09-2009 07:14 PM

i just download and try joojoobe 23041 rom and replacing The Xip wit drellisdee's 23041 XIp, and flash my apache, but after the fist boot screen, the screen become totally black what could be wrong?, please help

cya 09-10-2009 12:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
wewew,

I'd review the steps you've taken in setting up your LZX ppckitchen and verify your spelling of file names as they need to match exactly... the following steps worked for me:

1. Download Drivers_Apache_new.rar, Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX.rar, and cecompr_nt.rar from post #1

2. Extract cecompr_nt.rar to desktop, I renamed my existing cecompr_nt.dll in C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\BuildOS to cecompr_nt_ORIG.dll then copied the new cecompr_nt.dll file from cecompr_nt folder on desktop into C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\BuildOS

3. Extract Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX.rar to Desktop. Copy new lzx .bin (in your case the downloaded/extracted apache_23041_lzx.bin (960.8kB) from post #9) into newly created desktop folder Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX\ROM . Click on folder Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX so that you can see to select/highlight all contents (Patches, ROM, SYS, apache.png, kitchen_config.txt), once all are selected/highlighted right click and select "Add to Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX.rar". When Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX.rar is completed cut and paste to C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens

6. Place the Drivers_Apache_new.rar downloaded in step #1 into C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens

7. Download and place attached Apache_WM6.1_LZX.txt into
C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Projects\Groups\Devic eBases

8. Download and place attached WM6.5_96DPI_QVGA_LZX_23041_0409.txt into
C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Projects\Groups\Build Bases

9. Start ppckitchen BuildOS process and select tab "Create a New Project", select on Apache_WM6.1_LZX.txt and WM6.5_96DPI_QVGA_LZX_23041_0409.txt, name your new project something like 23041_LZX and proceed with the BuildOS process. I used JooJooBee's 23041 ppckitchen files and with Drellisdee's lzx compression modifications is the best rom I've tried so far.

Hope it works for you!

cya

Be sure to thank Drellisdee and JooJooBee for the work!

wewew 09-10-2009 03:01 AM

thanks for fast reply Cya.

wewew 09-10-2009 10:43 AM

still no luck, cya, my apache now hang on first screen, what could be wrong this time?

wewew 09-10-2009 10:47 AM

still no luck cya, my apache now hang on first screen, what else could be wrong?, any way thanks for helping me out

cya 09-10-2009 12:21 PM

wewew,

I'd try building with limited OEM's but what you describe sounds like a .bin injection failure. I'd verify that all naming and spelling is an exact match in WM6.5_96DPI_QVGA_LZX_23041_0409.txt and Apache_WM6.1_LZX.txt. I'd also recheck *.bin naming in Apache_Core_Drellisdee_LZX\ROM and Apache_WM6.1_LZX.txt for exact match. I hope it's just simple fix like a typo but if not you probably need to go back through step by step your setup. I'm assuming that you have joojoobee666's SYS_23041_Common.rar and SYS_23041_96DPI_0409.rar in C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens as I know they work.

cya

Be sure to thank Drellisdee and JJB666 as it's their work that makes this possible

edit: wewew ... I would download JJB666's 23041 SYS_* again ... there have been a few times that he has had to make modifications after the initial posting to sort out some issues, who knows your problem may be related to one of those times. Have you tried building 23041 without using LZX ... just using the ppckitchen and using JJB666's apache_23041_xip.bin? If all of the above doesn't work I'd try that as well to narrow things down. Hope you find the problem!

edit 2: just read this morning (9/11/09) that some had a similar problem with JJB's 23047 ... the fix required removing _Skip file(s) in SYS_23047_Common so I'd check and do the same if you find any in your SYS_23041_Common

dennygun 09-12-2009 07:02 AM

i'm having the same problem like you wewew, try to cook with very minimal selections of OEM, it works for me..
Fyi:..it's thumbcal oem that you definitely have to left out...(maybe you used that in your selections)

wewew 09-13-2009 08:31 AM

big thanks to you guys for supporting up, right now i still redownload jojobee roms

cya 09-15-2009 03:53 PM

wewew and others,

All the manual setup stuff I posted above ... forget it as ppcgeeks member Lmiller1708 has automated the new build into the ppckitchen process ... link below:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=7732

I followed his simple instructions for setup and have found it to be a quick and easy way to setup new builds for use. His UpGradePPK_Builds program mirrors JJB's posted RAR's which make for simple cut and paste. The only additional step required to use lzx is to create a lzx *.BIN with LennySH's XIPKitchen and place it in the PPCKitchen_xxxxx_XIPs.rar with proper naming. Just used it fo flash 23049 with lzx.

cya

be sure to thank Drellisdee, JooJooBee666, LennySH, and Lmiller1708 for their efforts! (Almost forgot to add LennySH for his XIPKitchen)

edit: just used it to flash to 23412 with lzx ... it really makes this easy

Getitnowmarketing 09-21-2009 02:01 PM

Anyone interested in an apache core updated with Rhodium (TP2) mvHub and shared video/audio codecs? If we have interest I'll test one in the next week for compatibility. I'm using them on my touch pro without any problems.

cya 09-21-2009 02:12 PM

drellisdee ... I'm always game to try out something new.

cya

dennygun 09-24-2009 09:40 AM

same for me..looking forward to it..Drellisdee

rgds,

Getitnowmarketing 09-29-2009 04:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Change Log:

LZX Core: changed autorun reg (should be fixed) and checkautorun link to wm6.5 compatible. Make sure to make the kitchen_config.txt changes in the core for wm6.5 as its set for wm6.1. Also, changed the 19716 service patches to be selectable and off by default.

Carriers: Changed vzw arcsoft settings for arcsoft 5 compatibility from arcsoft 3 as it was setup.

Drivers: Upgraded from diamond codecs (dshow, mhub, picture enchancement etc.) to tachi/rhodium base. It grew about 2mbs in size compressed.

To use autorun & sdautorun you need to make a user oem with your config.txt that will overwrite the one in kitchen with one such as
Code:

LOCK:Enabled
LOCK:Disabled
CAB: \WINDOWS\sdkcerts.cab
EXEC: \windows\SDAutoRun.exe

I'm not able to fully test as I don't use my apache anymore but it worked with youtube player over wifi so Im pretty sure the codecs are all working properly.

Make sure you add the zzzzzGwes_off pkg to your user oem and select it.

Bonus added a ppck QVGA basekit for aku 1.6.7 build 21054 which is supposed to be the final build of wm6.1. Xip is in the apache core

Build 21054 Qvga

cya 09-29-2009 09:49 PM

Thanks Drellisdee ... downloading now and will test later this evening.

cya

dennygun 09-30-2009 10:04 AM

thx drellisdee, have tried it, but non booter for me...:dontknow:

cya 09-30-2009 02:54 PM

Drellisdee .... great job! I wasn't able to get the download of your 21054 to complete last night so I flashed my favorite 23414 ROM. The only change I made to the flashed ROM (besides using the newly updated folders you posted) was the exclusion of the Apache Sys file 19716 patches and I found a substantial system memory gain ... about 6mb. This ROM has numerous additional programs and features added in that I was unable to include prior to the LZX compression switch. After restoring 200 contacts and installing 3 cabs files I have 20.5mb of system and 25mb of storage memory. The old Apache runs fast and scrolls very smoothly. YouTube, IE, ... etc all worked perfectly. I was impressed when you first shared the tools to utilize LZX and I'm very impressed with the latest update!

This morning (Wed, Sept 30th) I finally was able to get the 21054 download to complete and I just flashed without any problems. I mirrored the selections used in 23414 and have found similar smooth operation and slightly more available memory.

I perfer 23414 probably for the fun factor up being able to use the latest available OS. Thanks for your efforts!

cya

Getitnowmarketing 09-30-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennygun (Post 1203879)
thx drellisdee, have tried it, but non booter for me...:dontknow:

Post your build log and device project .txt and build base project .txt. As attachments please. You did port the xip using the apache_lzx source correct? If you didn't it wont be able to decompress the lzx imgfs if you have a regular xpr type cecompr xip (which will cause a non booter). Also, what tool did you use in building your xip?

dennygun 10-01-2009 12:29 AM

i'm not home right now, i'm building my xip using lenny's xip kitchen, will try again tonight using new build 23060,thx drellisdee..will post again tonight,

rgds,

fort13 10-01-2009 06:32 AM

Thanks for your work, Drellisdee

dennygun 10-01-2009 08:56 AM

Drellisdee this is my build log, http://pastebin.com/m36ba8360

the 23053 xip is working with your previous package of Apache core and drivers, what more could possibly the problem for not booting?

thx,

dennygun

Getitnowmarketing 10-01-2009 12:26 PM

Try unselecting remotedesktop and please post your xip and your device project .txt for apache from the projects/groups/device bases from BuildOS.

dennygun 10-02-2009 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by drellisdee (Post 1206838)
Try unselecting remotedesktop and please post your xip and your device project .txt for apache from the projects/groups/device bases from BuildOS.

i've attach xip and project file that have been successful to boot with your previous lzx core and drivers,..thx drellisdee

rgds,

dennygun 10-08-2009 02:28 AM

No suggestion drellisdee?

cya, i wonder how you got it working?? any addition step that I should take? kind of curious to try the new driver..but haven't succeeded...hiks.. plis help..

rgds,