PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 10:11 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I need help some help with the kitchen.

Also watch hte video in my signature.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6700
Threadstarter

newhtc6700user is a n00b

Alright thanks for that! I have v. 2.02 on mine. Alright good, I didn't want to leave anything that's important. Since there aren't any necessary options, are there any that you (or anyone) highly recommend? Sorry about all the questions, like I said I'm very new to this (as you can tell. Haha)

Also, I know changing to WM6 voids your warranty, but does that have affect on my insurance coverage? Thanks again.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:23 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhtc6700user View Post
Alright thanks for that! I have v. 2.02 on mine. Alright good, I didn't want to leave anything that's important. Since there aren't any necessary options, are there any that you (or anyone) highly recommend? Sorry about all the questions, like I said I'm very new to this (as you can tell. Haha)

Also, I know changing to WM6 voids your warranty, but does that have affect on my insurance coverage? Thanks again.
Well chaniging to WM6/6.1 acctually won't void it as there is no physical way to tell. And if you call for tech support and they dont see it and you get a replacment then don't say you have WM6/6.1 they wil send you a new one and you dont have turn in your old one. Basically it's very safe to upgrade Here is the stuff I used download the file below and select when the kitchen asks for config file. Also I selected the right REV version for you but idk your carrir so just change it if it aint Verizon.
Attached Files
File Type: txt WM6.1 Apache Kitchen Config.txt (2.7 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

newhtc6700user is a n00b

Thank you so much for the config. you used! I have been staring at my screen trying to figure out what would be good (half of the stuff I have no clue what it does. Haha). I appreciate it alot. I am going to try and update tonight and get it done, I will have to post how it all goes. Thanks again to everyone that helped me understand the wonders of a PPC.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 PM
My ROMS On My Site

Yep. This is something that can't be done with an iPhone.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

newhtc6700user is a n00b

That's right! I had a very "interesting" conversation with someone today about how my Windows Mobile PPC could beat their iPhone. They just laughed it off but wait until I show them this! Haha

One last question, if I don't select any options on the Home Screen area when building the OS, will it be blank or will I be able to edit it all from the phone? Thanks!
Old 09-14-2008, 12:32 AM
My ROMS On My Site

Hahaha don't even waste time with the iPhone! The ONLY thing I like is the clean UI of it. Everything else is garbage! Not to mention the ghetto AT&T Service. I don't quite understand what you mean by "home scren" I included everything in that config file for you. Watch my review on WM6 for Apache, second link in my sig and that should be how yours will look.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhtc6700user View Post

We just want you to have a successful flash. Although it is difficult to brick the 6700 (e.g. it becomes inoperable), it can be a little scary when things go wrong. As long as PDAPJ has flashed this config with BL2.02, you should be OK. The WM6 doesn't "void" anything as long as you reflash back to WM5 stock b4 you do anything "official". Noone will ever know. LOL.

You should get a standard WM6/6.1 home screen with no options. That's what I run. Again, KISS.

Last edited by gambatte; 09-14-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:08 PM
My ROMS On My Site

Yep I set it up with v2.02 I think.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

newhtc6700user is a n00b

Alright, with all of your help I have successfully flashed WM6.1 onto my Apache! Woo! So far I really like it. I have a question though, is it safe to go through and rebuild my OS without some of the stuff I thought I needed but really don't and then re-flash? PDAJUNKIE, I used everything you had in your build, I just added several things that I thought I needed, but it does not seem that I do. Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development