PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
"Click' and "Pop" menu sounds

Where do I change them in the kitchen? I mean, can I replace them with something else so they are hard coded into the ROM?

I found 4 files that sound the same but are named differently.

\windows\WM5HWandSW.wav
\windows\WM5_MenuPop.wav
\windows\hwandsw.wav
\windows\menupop.wav

The files with similar names sound the same. Which ones are the files that are played during menu activity?
Old 04-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Re: "Click' and "Pop" menu sounds

25 Views and on one knows?
Old 04-29-2008, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
Which ones are the files that are played during menu activity?
thats simple, to find out which file is being played and which one isnt, just change the file name by one character. That will throw the directory off and if that file is being called up by the OS to play, it cannot be played because the file name is now different.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I'm with you, but I didn't try it because I figured these files were in the ROM and I couldn't change them. Am I wrong?
Old 04-29-2008, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

you are likey right, which also means you cannot delete them.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Right, but I could replace them in the kitchen so they are flashed to the ROM when I reflash.

Anyone else know?
Old 04-29-2008, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work

Within the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar file is a folder, Tweak-Menu Sounds, where this is an option within within the Kitchen to revert back to the WM5 click and pop sounds. The registry settings are below:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Snd\Event]
".Scheme"="Curr0"
"EventMask"=dword:01F7ED
"EventCache"=dword:600
"Curr0"=multi_sz:"alarm2","", "alarm2","default","Empty","alarm2","infbeg","infe nd","infend","MenuPop","HWandSW","","MsgBox","infb eg","infend","infend","alarm2","","","voicbeep","R ecEnd"

I can only assume that if you change the "MenuPop" and "HWandSW" strings to whatever the names of your sound files are, this might work. Give it a go......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Many thanks!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Is there a way to add custom files to a ROM that are in the password protected .RAR file? I can't change the audio files because they're in said .RAR file.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work

I don't believe so, but you can add sounds to the %installdir%\BuildOS\USER_OEM\Additonal Sounds folder -- that will cook them into your ROM. Or just copy your desired sound bites into the PPC's Windows directory right now.

I believe, however, that if you want to add older sound bites to your cooked ROM, just place them in the Additional Sounds folder. You can use the same names as what's currently in the protected .RAR files, and when the ROM is being cooked, a menu will pop up asking you if you want to overwrite the default file (protected .RAR) with the one in your USER_OEM folder.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development