PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   "Click' and "Pop" menu sounds (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25242)

mdphoenix 04-29-2008 10:05 AM

"Click' and "Pop" menu sounds

Where do I change them in the kitchen? I mean, can I replace them with something else so they are hard coded into the ROM?

I found 4 files that sound the same but are named differently.

\windows\WM5HWandSW.wav
\windows\WM5_MenuPop.wav
\windows\hwandsw.wav
\windows\menupop.wav

The files with similar names sound the same. Which ones are the files that are played during menu activity?

mdphoenix 04-29-2008 12:57 PM

Re: "Click' and "Pop" menu sounds

25 Views and on one knows? :(

weedahoe 04-29-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdphoenix (Post 264991)
Which ones are the files that are played during menu activity?

thats simple, to find out which file is being played and which one isnt, just change the file name by one character. That will throw the directory off and if that file is being called up by the OS to play, it cannot be played because the file name is now different.

mdphoenix 04-29-2008 02:32 PM

I'm with you, but I didn't try it because I figured these files were in the ROM and I couldn't change them. Am I wrong?

weedahoe 04-29-2008 02:42 PM

you are likey right, which also means you cannot delete them.

mdphoenix 04-29-2008 03:11 PM

Right, but I could replace them in the kitchen so they are flashed to the ROM when I reflash.

Anyone else know?

signal34 04-29-2008 04:58 PM

Within the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar file is a folder, Tweak-Menu Sounds, where this is an option within within the Kitchen to revert back to the WM5 click and pop sounds. The registry settings are below:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Snd\Event]
".Scheme"="Curr0"
"EventMask"=dword:01F7ED
"EventCache"=dword:600
"Curr0"=multi_sz:"alarm2","", "alarm2","default","Empty","alarm2","infbeg","infe nd","infend","MenuPop","HWandSW","","MsgBox","infb eg","infend","infend","alarm2","","","voicbeep","R ecEnd"

I can only assume that if you change the "MenuPop" and "HWandSW" strings to whatever the names of your sound files are, this might work. :scratch: Give it a go......

mdphoenix 04-29-2008 10:06 PM

Many thanks!

mdphoenix 05-01-2008 09:45 PM

Is there a way to add custom files to a ROM that are in the password protected .RAR file? I can't change the audio files because they're in said .RAR file.

signal34 05-01-2008 10:01 PM

I don't believe so, but you can add sounds to the %installdir%\BuildOS\USER_OEM\Additonal Sounds folder -- that will cook them into your ROM. Or just copy your desired sound bites into the PPC's Windows directory right now.

I believe, however, that if you want to add older sound bites to your cooked ROM, just place them in the Additional Sounds folder. You can use the same names as what's currently in the protected .RAR files, and when the ROM is being cooked, a menu will pop up asking you if you want to overwrite the default file (protected .RAR) with the one in your USER_OEM folder.