PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Patriot View Post
I'm sorry, but just have to ask - Did you have vibrate turned on so that it went off everytime a file was "analized"? =D

Seriously tho, I have had my XV6700 running at the 624MHz setting for quite awhile now with no noticable side-effects, but the Hardware-tab in Device Information still always reports 416MHz. There should be a way to see what's happening to the CPU real-time.
Xcpuscalar gives you much more control over how your CPU scales, but it costs a few bucks.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
Been running this on my HTC 6800 for a week now with noticeble speed increase from application to application. No side effects or new functionality issues as of yet. I will report back as they arise. Thanks for this find.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
not mesurable via cpu tests, or wall clocks. Just oozes "feeling" mojo into your head. Works for me. 624 is too much mojo for me though, I really only am comfortable feeling like its 520...
I'm with you on this one. I ran it @624 and it was so blazing that I am not comfortable with my device being overclocked at that speed. I think I will leave mine at 520 also. Thanks again for this find.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: vzw

solarbarack is a n00b
I've also been running this on my 6800 with no side effects. I wish I new more though as I belive this could be optimized for the 6800 better.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Until the creator comes 'out of the closet', I'm going to believe its a psychology experiment and that someone is laughing their butt off somewhere. Schettj's speed tests show no change .... and besides, just overclocking the cpu won't increase i/o bus speeds.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
TMB_XV6700

Have you noticed the posts...everyone is trying this even 6800 Mogul Owners and reporting good results.. (HTC 6800) Me Too Me Tooooo...I found the OEM and the links to the app...

I'll report more success on the 6800 tomorrow after work & the gym... sugar pill or not ..I want !!!!

Last edited by ChristianProgrammer; 01-07-2008 at 02:44 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianProgrammer View Post
TMB_XV6700

Have you noticed the posts...everyone is trying this even 6800 Mogul Owners and reporting good results.. (HTC 6800) Me Too Me Tooooo...I found the OEM and the links to the app...

I'll report more success on the 6800 tomorrow after work & the gym... sugar pill or not ..I want !!!!
Yeah, touche. Glad you found the right links. [I'm just naturally wary of sending unsuspecting Mogul owners to the Apache kitchen.]
Old 01-07-2008, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
Couldnt wait

OK Its Mon Morn...I couldn't wait for after work and the Gym.. so I started today off with battery power at like 50-60 %
Sync-ed to get the app to the Mogul this AM...started it and am going to let it run at 520 today ...

Just for the sake of argument it feels much punchier..and crisp....
sugar pill or not I do notice the difference....

I was worried that all my hacks ( Graphic Crap HTC, wall papers, youtube blah blah) might be causing my "lag" if you will...as I'm still running the 2.09 ROM as delivered, My device is only a week or two old for me....and I'm still a bit worried about doing a ROM upgrade correctly....

but this is impressive..I figured I'd try it since I haven't done the New Rom and will need to eventually ... I'm kind-of in the testing mode to see which tweaks will be on my golden list as Keepers. And if one bricked me, I havent done the ROM or unlocked so I could get a new unit if necessary.. I pay the insurance fee and its still under 30 days 4 ME .

WKTask
HTC Home
HTC Customizer
Total Commander
a few others that escape me right now..

Respectfully, With God's Will,
Charles in Milwaukee
Hey Pete ...
Old 01-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
DO NOT USE THIS ON YOUR MOGUL!

As with all CPU overclocking applications, these things are CHIPSET SPECIFIC!
That is, they use a special command that the chip manufacturers slip into their design to allow clock speeds to be adjusted for their own purposes. This is not a standard command, and every manufacturer has their own way of doing it.

That is, an overclocker for an Omap CPU wouldn't work on an Xscale CPU or Samsung CPU. At the very least, the command will bounce off the chip and it will ignore it. However, sometimes it will lock up the system, or worse, actually do damage to the chip.

The mogul/vogue/Kaiser as well as future planned HTC devices use a new Qualcomm chipset. The apache uses the Intel Xscale chip. While they are compatible in their OS instruction set, they are not compatibel in anything else, ie. hardware acceleration, overclock commands, etc... are all different!
(look at the direct draw support on the new devices for an example! They haven't properly started supporting the direct draw on Qualcomm just yet).

At best, this application is a placebo effect for mogul users. At worst, you're actually slowly frying your chips without knowing.

Last edited by dishe; 01-07-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800 - bye bye ppc6700
Carrier: spcs

CopyCounsler is a n00b
So, silly question:

Has anyone tried running both HTC and the XCPU at the same time? If HTC really doesn't clock the processor but appears faster, it seems logical that the two put together would produce even more dramatic snaps?

Just food for thought. If HTC is truely not scaling the processor, this would work. I'm thinking I'm going to try it as I am a die hard XCPU fan...

Copy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development