PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 02:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

lightsail is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Did anyone try the PushEffect (www.qorefunctions.com) on this kitchen build? It is basically a push-style solution without using direct push, thus no battery drain. I use dummy picture mail message for gmail notification. It works on WM5, but does not work on this WM6 build from my test. The "contains" filter settings will not stay. Can someone try it? It has 7-day trial period. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

dpdurst is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dpdurst
I have a strange one, but its definitely constant. Loaded up the new build with the new kitchen and oem .rar and flashed the PPC. I did not add any explorer to the build. I then installed the latest Resco Explorer and Opera browser and put those on the start menu to show up. I also put the system info from programs folder to the start menu. If I do a reset of the PPC with the stylus, when it comes back up online the icons that were on the start menu for the items listed are now just white boxes. The programs still work when clicked, just the icons are missing replaced by white boxes. So it appears that any program added after you flash the rom does this or so far that's the way its been noted. If you add programs in the kitchen those that you put on the start menu keep the icons just fine.
SG288 Bluetooth LCD GPS

Last edited by dpdurst; 11-10-2007 at 02:58 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsail View Post
Where can I find the correct entries found by Verizonguy? Thanks.
"Verizonguy has figured out the necessary entries and posted them in the Bugs thread before this one (071107_2)."

Ah screw it... here ya go:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=24

Last edited by luv2chill; 11-10-2007 at 03:13 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: UTStarcom PPC6700TE
Carrier: movistar Venezuela

Wolf71 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Wolf71 Send a message via AIM to Wolf71 Send a message via MSN to Wolf71 Send a message via Yahoo to Wolf71 Send a message via Skype™ to Wolf71
Still bugs as 11/07

My main bug is:

HTC Camera is not invoked from arcsoft mms

When i try to call the htc camera from inside of mms applet, nothing happens, i go to menu, new, video or photo message, do clic at space to put a video/photo, list all available on memory and a bottom of screen appear or videocam or camera icon, just press over it but nothing happens.
I'd get back to 3.0.6.24, also getting a duplicate file error (player_middlelayer.dll) on kitchening, but this file not exist on this custom rom
Time zone bug set at -8 gmt instead of -4 at first run, had to soft reset and manually update time syncro
Movistar venezuela resetted regional setting from spanish venezuela to english united states
And always getting a error building rom message at end

Files:
http://rapidshare.com/files/68732185/Apache_Helmi_WM6_Selections.txt.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/68732525/buildlog_071110-090122.txt.html
Old 11-10-2007, 10:06 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdurst View Post
I have a strange one, but its definitely constant. Loaded up the new build with the new kitchen and oem .rar and flashed the PPC. I did not add any explorer to the build. I then installed the latest Resco Explorer and Opera browser and put those on the start menu to show up. I also put the system info from programs folder to the start menu. If I do a reset of the PPC with the stylus, when it comes back up online the icons that were on the start menu for the items listed are now just white boxes. The programs still work when clicked, just the icons are missing replaced by white boxes. So it appears that any program added after you flash the rom does this or so far that's the way its been noted. If you add programs in the kitchen those that you put on the start menu keep the icons just fine.
Did you
unlock/unhide your extended rom?
install the apps to your storage card?

If you do that last one, even if you don't unhide extended rom but for sure if you do, today/shell sometimes gives up too soon waiting for the storage card to mount on a reset, so it just punts on the icons used for the shortcuts. If you refresh your today screen (either manually, buy changing something in the today settings or via some application like TodayRefresh) the icons will load properly.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
2 minor issues.

1) I installed the dotfred task manager. For some reason it appears 2 times on the today screen. I can't figure out why. When I try to kill one of the task mgr -- it will kill it but it keeps coming back. EDIT --- Ok.. I was able to kill it, but upon S/R 2 come back again.

2) May be with BUILDOS ---- I put tiermann's split Office files in the UserOEM folder. Now whenever I go back into the build OS it tellsme "required module not in project Module Office Excel, then a ref number. BUT when the selections come up, they are listed in the selections area. and they install properly.

Last edited by daveedem; 11-10-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Ah screw it... here ya go:
rofl
Old 11-10-2007, 10:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

dpdurst is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dpdurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Did you
unlock/unhide your extended rom?
install the apps to your storage card?

If you do that last one, even if you don't unhide extended rom but for sure if you do, today/shell sometimes gives up too soon waiting for the storage card to mount on a reset, so it just punts on the icons used for the shortcuts. If you refresh your today screen (either manually, buy changing something in the today settings or via some application like TodayRefresh) the icons will load properly.
Yep did both of those mentioned. I'll try the refresh and see how that works out, otherwise I'll just put the stuff in the wktask launcher and run them from there. Thank
Old 11-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
1) I installed the dotfred task manager. For some reason it appears 2 times on the today screen. I can't figure out why. When I try to kill one of the task mgr -- it will kill it but it keeps coming back. EDIT --- Ok.. I was able to kill it, but upon S/R 2 come back again.
I think you're dealing with the one peculiarity of dotfred task manager that I don't like--tapping the X in the upper right never closes the program. It minimizes it to the tray--even if you've installed a task closing app. There's no way (that I've seen anyway) to change that behavior--you just kinda have to train yourself to always hit the left softkey (should show an "Exit" label) to truly close it.

Despite that quibble, dotfred's task manager is truly a must-have app IMHO. I use it more for its superb registry editor than anything else, but sometimes the other tabs come in handy also.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:29 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Another minor quibble.
I've been noticing that my calendar notifications (the popups on the bottom of the today screen) are doubling up. At first I thought that I might have accidentally put them in twice, but I've checked on both Outlook and in PI and there is only one listing of each event/appointment. But there is definitely two reminders in the morning.

I have MemMaid doing a QuickClean after every soft reset and that included checking for "duplicate notifications" (don't know if that's the same thing) & there is at least one soft reset every day after Sprite Backup does its thing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development