PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 06:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

rp3319 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to rp3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Super duper minor glitch (I think).
When I plug into my car charger, the device doesn't recognize that it is connected. It kind of does, because the backlight comes on, but I don't get my normal orange LED on the top right.
This used to happen with some of the older WM5AKU3.5 ROM, but all my WM6 ROMs up until this one had no such issues.
Trident -I'm pretty sure mine still did this on occasion with the original WM6 Helmi beta release. I ususally ran into this issue after a soft-reset while plugged in or shortly after a reset. I think it's just moody...

Great Job to everyone who's made this possible! I haven't tried the kitchen yet, because I can't decide what all to include and now I need to figure out the OEMizer... too much good stuff! =D>
Old 11-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thanks Tierman for the reply. I found it!!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nkawal is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp3319 View Post
Trident -I'm pretty sure mine still did this on occasion with the original WM6 Helmi beta release. I ususally ran into this issue after a soft-reset while plugged in or shortly after a reset. I think it's just moody...

Great Job to everyone who's made this possible! I haven't tried the kitchen yet, because I can't decide what all to include and now I need to figure out the OEMizer... too much good stuff! =D>
up to now i have the same problem...i thought it was a defective charger, returned it and got a new one. same problem..........i realized that if the battery has a certiain amount of power, roughly 80% or more, it wont start charging for a couple of minutes....give or take 5-7 minutes. I know, this sounds weird, but I went through 3 PPC-6700's, all with different roms and 2 car chargers, same problem...but it eventually starts charging.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I know that I am not too bright, but I don't seem to be able to save my build.

I push "save file" and then I push the save file icon on Build OS and nothing happens to the file it just reverts to the default.

This is a great kitchen!!!! it works fast and stable.

Thanks to all who participated.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

RussMuscle is a n00b
I have had the charging issue as well with all of the ROM's it is a phone deal a believe because it did it with the Stock ROM's as well. I have only had it happen after any kind of reset. The work around I follow is to hit the power button on the top of the phone to turn off the screen, then plug it into the charger. That seems to alleviate the problem.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Music Playback

Is anyone seeing a skipping condition with music coming from a SD card in the kitchen? It seems the first 5 secs of most songs has the skipping condition and then it settles down. Maybe its the retrieval from the SD card? I am not using a Bluetooth headset to listen, just a std wired headset.

Is there anything I can do to pump up the volume on the phone also?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Is anyone seeing a skipping condition with music coming from a SD card in the kitchen? It seems the first 5 secs of most songs has the skipping condition and then it settles down. Maybe its the retrieval from the SD card? I am not using a Bluetooth headset to listen, just a std wired headset.

Is there anything I can do to pump up the volume on the phone also?

Thanks,
Steve
This is caused by you selecting the SDHC driver when you built your ROM. As it turns out some registry entries need to be adjusted to slow the transfer rate down to prevent the skipping. Verizonguy has figured out the necessary entries and posted them in the Bugs thread before this one (071107_2). If you're comfortable editing the registry you can do that yourself. If not, those changes will be in the next build of the kitchen.

Or, if you don't have a SDHC card, then build instead with the SD-only drivers and this problem won't occur.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkawal View Post
up to now i have the same problem...i thought it was a defective charger, returned it and got a new one. same problem..........i realized that if the battery has a certiain amount of power, roughly 80% or more, it wont start charging for a couple of minutes....give or take 5-7 minutes. I know, this sounds weird, but I went through 3 PPC-6700's, all with different roms and 2 car chargers, same problem...but it eventually starts charging.
Just as a side note & this doesn't necessarily apply to your situation, but all mini-usb car chargers do not necessarily work on all mini-usb devices. Most of the car chargers you find on ebay for <$10 that claim they work on the 6700 will actually drain your battery rather than charging it.

For car chargers, it is always a good idea to spend a couple of extra dollars and get an oem charger made by UTS. Here are the official oem chargers made by UT Starcom:
http://www.buywirelessnow.com/utstar...el/1035_263355

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

nkawal is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
Just as a side note & this doesn't necessarily apply to your situation, but all mini-usb car chargers do not necessarily work on all mini-usb devices. Most of the car chargers you find on ebay for <$10 that claim they work on the 6700 will actually drain your battery rather than charging it.

For car chargers, it is always a good idea to spend a couple of extra dollars and get an oem charger made by UTS. Here are the official oem chargers made by UT Starcom:
http://www.buywirelessnow.com/utstar...el/1035_263355
the first was original, the second was a brand new one from sprint
Old 11-10-2007, 01:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond

lightsail is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
This is caused by you selecting the SDHC driver when you built your ROM. As it turns out some registry entries need to be adjusted to slow the transfer rate down to prevent the skipping. Verizonguy has figured out the necessary entries and posted them in the Bugs thread before this one (071107_2). If you're comfortable editing the registry you can do that yourself. If not, those changes will be in the next build of the kitchen.

Or, if you don't have a SDHC card, then build instead with the SD-only drivers and this problem won't occur.
Where can I find the correct entries found by Verizonguy? Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development