PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 06:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Post your personal VZW HTC Trophy Reviews here !

Hey,

Let's get this area started because tons of peole will be getting their Verizon HTC Trophy in a few days and more every day.

Post your review of what you think of your phone and how you like Windows Phone 7 (if new to it).

Let's get this thread started ! Who's first ??

I won't get mine till next week or so...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 05-26-2011, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Post your personal VZW HTC Trophy Reviews here !

I had mine overnight yesterday, but it was too late to come today. I'll post tomorrow after I play around with it a little. The only time I've used WP7 is a little bit in the AT&T store and the emulator, but other than that, nothing.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

well i got a little review and thought overall it was really nice and to me it was better than arrive and focus i had. only played with it for couple hours but liked pictures it took and it is SLCD and looked really nice. gorilla glass was also nice to see and i love it on my other phone. Dolby Mobile and SRS sound enhancement was cool to see and sounded good, flash was nice for pictures but didnt use 720p vid. scorpion processor was fast and bing gps was dead on. hope this help and you guys will really like the trophy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

aximtreo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
well i got a little review and thought overall it was really nice and to me it was better than arrive and focus i had. only played with it for couple hours but liked pictures it took and it is SLCD and looked really nice. gorilla glass was also nice to see and i love it on my other phone. Dolby Mobile and SRS sound enhancement was cool to see and sounded good, flash was nice for pictures but didnt use 720p vid. scorpion processor was fast and bing gps was dead on. hope this help and you guys will really like the trophy.

You say the screen is SLCD yet everywhere I read says it's not. Can you confirm this for us. Mine comes today and will see what gives. I know the PocketNow video was done on the GSM version introduced in Europe earlier and it's definitely not SLCD.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
You say the screen is SLCD yet everywhere I read says it's not. Can you confirm this for us. Mine comes today and will see what gives. I know the PocketNow video was done on the GSM version introduced in Europe earlier and it's definitely not SLCD.
Bring this to another thread, this is for reviews of the Trophy. The question has been asked by myself to HTC to find out the final word on this subject. The answer right now is, WHO knows ? There is too much conflicting info.

Yes, it's a better display than the Arrive has, that is known but, SLCD or standard, it's not 100% cleared with HTC yet. We do know FOR A FACT that that Vodofone model (overseas), did start with a LCD but, was upgraded to a SLCD and all models after that point came with the SLCD.

Watch the Verizon Wiress updates thread in the WP7 General area, I will post there when I get a reply from HTC. WHen you get yours, post in this thread with your review and thoughts we'll see from there.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

So far I LOVE the phone. I've only used it for a couple of hours and I've been busy downloading apps and setting up my email so I haven't really got to play around with it all that much. I have a couple of questions about the vibrate feature, but I'll post that in a different area. I'll post a full review later tonight or tomorrow after I've had time to play with it.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: VZW

bigboy292000 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have had my Trophy since last Friday and LOVE it actually...

The other WP7 phone I used was the Focus for about 2 weeks, as about a months and a half ago I contemplated switching to AT&T. I got sure of that pretty quick after dropped calls etc, heh...

Anyway - I like the solid feel of the Trophy. The screen, while not any special new technology, is actually quite decent. Seeing that it is not huge, it has higher pixel density than that one on the Focus for example. I find it very adequate, but it does not "pop" like AMOLED does.

Overall, the device has been solid for me; I like the feel of Gorilla glass screen and do not plan to install a screen protector, seems redundant on those phones. GPS has been incredible. I am still exploring apps and all, but already found a lot that keeps me busy.

Not so good:

- I am not happy with charging port location; it is a bit weird to hold the phone while plugging the Micro USB port in to charge, as the port is on the left side
- Battery life is still questionable; but I can definitely get a full day and I am still playing with this a lot more than I used to. But I might go for 1800mah battery at the later time
- At times, it seems like the phone would not connect to my home Wifi easily, not sure what is up with that; still trying to figure it out. It could be my cheapo router is throwing a fit. I do have an ASUS router too and I might try to swap them out.

Otherwise - I also love the HTC apps in their app hub, some unique stuff that Samsing folks envy.

Camera is OK, but not great it seems. Camera button is awesome though, as it provides an actual button to press so it is not uncertain if you pressed it or not.

Overall = I love it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Mine finally comes Monday the 6th (6/6) Can't wait. I already have the 1800mah battery (ordered it last week, by mistake). My review will follow a few days to a week later...
Old 06-06-2011, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Mine finally comes Monday the 6th (6/6) Can't wait. I already have the 1800mah battery (ordered it last week, by mistake). My review will follow a few days to a week later...
Hey, how do you like your new phone??
Old 06-07-2011, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
Hey, how do you like your new phone??
As I task 29 (format phone), Re-lock and install the VZW OEM software on my old Touch Pro 2 to send back to Asurion...I figure after a day with the phone I'll reply to this message.

I kind of knew what I was getting into with this phone (Every one here should know how much I followed this subject and this dam phone waiting for Verizon to release it). Windows Phone 7 is Windows Phone 7 (all devices are pretty much the same), as besides emulators and my 5 min windows in the stores playing with it, it is what I expected and a great OS at that.

I love it so far, it's very smooth and fast, after playing with it for a whole day, I got the hang of it.

The display is really nice (much nicer than the TP2), the multi touch display got some use and very nice. The coating seems pretty good, there was some minor cases (my wife tried it and I saw her nail touch the screen) and I thought it would scrach but, still looks like new.

Body feels pretty solid but, after swapping batteries a few times, I'm afraid I am going to break the tabs on it if I swap batteries too much. I've been using a TP2 for the last 2 years and the Trophy is pretty slim over all, I like the feel in my hands.

Battery life, I can't be 100% yet on this. My new 1800mah battery lasted till about 10:30 this morning (It finished charging yesterday around 2:30pm) I'll admit Wi-Fi was on for a lot of the time and I was playing with maybe a good 2 hours on the phone (calls). As a few days go by, I should know a little better about battery life.

Perfomance is really good overal, I did find a few times that when opening some apps/hubs it would hang (just like doing nothing) but, hitting the Windows key and going back resolved the issue about 95% of the time.

On screen keyboard, coming from a TP2 with a QWERTY keyboard, I'm getting used to a touch screen, I can only really type in Landscape mode, or I have issues, Not all parts/apps will change over to a landscape keyboard, so I do find myself having issues. (I have larger thumbs, and it's always been hard to type on screens but, I could of written a book with the TP2 keyboard with very few errors).

Camera, meh, ok. HTC is not known for it's cameras, Pictures are alright but, not great, 720p video recording, unless it's really bright, I'll stick with something else to do video, it's just OK.

Dislikes:
- Going from Mini-USB to Micro-USB (car,desk chargers, computer cables, etc) WTF !!!!, at least I found adapters for $1.30 each on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0020M1O1A)
- Side mounted charging port, WTF why ?
- Still question battery life but, I'll know for sure in time
- Do I really have to pay to buy another game for the 3rd time(UNO) ???
-Stil no Remote desktop app (server admin)
-No Wi-Fi tethering, I guess I will have to keep a WM device around for when I travel

I had some issues when setting up (when you install a new certificate for a mail server, make sure you reboot after you install it) but, nothing that a reboot didn't fix. Setting everything up was pretty easy in about 25 min, I had facebook, hotmail/live/xbox, Exchange server setup syncing fine.

Over all, I know it's not perfect but, so far I do love it. It's awsome and smooth. I look forward to Mango.

This is my 0.02

Last edited by DavidinCT; 06-07-2011 at 03:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy