PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 08:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
Website for newbies

How many ppcg's would like to see a website developed specifically designed to newbies of these type forums that includes step by step tutorials on hacking a registry editor, with screenshots, video, and other graphics detailing the how too on basic ppc plugin and cab file installations? If this thread interest you please send the kind of hacks and cab files you would like to see on the website to goddbody41@aol.com

Last edited by Goddbody; 09-30-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/ HTC Snap

Analyzer52 is a n00b
Yeah I think the same thing as well. I was kind of pissed that when I first got my phone everyone assumes you know what a cab file is and how to install it. I figured it out by using google but it was big time waster when the poster could have explained it or there could have been a thread about it.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
the post above me makes a great point, but there's a flaw to it. yes sometimes it would be easier for the person your asking to tell you rather than having you google it, but many people just arent good at articulating the 'how-to' of how to do certain tasks. the advantage to googleing is that you find multiple sources and hopefully out of those sources you will find one that 'speaks your language' and makes it plain enough for you to follow.

Alot of people are initially put off by reg keys, allocation tables, bootloaders and the likes...

I think a newbie geared site would be awesome...
Old 10-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 700wx

Black Rainbow is a n00b
Absoloutely

Great proposition! I'm sitting in the n00b seat & devour much in the venue of knowledge.For those who are willing to reach out & show us, the n00bs, the way, even the gift of a link on this our blessed site would be appreciated. Live Long & Prosper
Old 10-26-2007, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Ok I know some people are waiting to get a url for the "Newbie" website that I am developing, and I appreciate the patients. Keep in mind a step by step tutorial geared site takes a lot of work, as what I am instructiing people to do may impact the functionality of their handset. I don't want to fluck this up. I just want to demonstrate some of the basic hacks as well as plugins that can be implemented on handsets which I believe will give rookies a good feel on how to modify or enhance their device so they can choose which direction they want to proceed pertaining to their individual Model. So please bare with me as I drag my ass on this. Your patients gives me more time to help you which is what this is all about in the first place. Looking at a 2-3 window for a launch of this site. Also i hope you will all like the graphics. Thanks again. Oh and I have included a forum on the site to allow Newbies help other Newbies.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800 mogul

Mpresssons is a n00b
If that's the case..... please do continuing "The dragging of the ass".....patiently waiting....noo-b
Old 10-27-2007, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Sprint tocuh

sldavis is a n00b
I found this sight very helpful when I first got my 6700 http://ppc6700users.com/ It is very specific to the sprit if you have one I recommend checking it
Old 10-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
Ok I know some people are waiting to get a url for the "Newbie" website that I am developing, and I appreciate the patients. Keep in mind a step by step tutorial geared site takes a lot of work, as what I am instructiing people to do may impact the functionality of their handset. I don't want to fluck this up. I just want to demonstrate some of the basic hacks as well as plugins that can be implemented on handsets which I believe will give rookies a good feel on how to modify or enhance their device so they can choose which direction they want to proceed pertaining to their individual Model. So please bare with me as I drag my ass on this. Your patients gives me more time to help you which is what this is all about in the first place. Looking at a 2-3 window for a launch of this site. Also i hope you will all like the graphics. Thanks again. Oh and I have included a forum on the site to allow Newbies help other Newbies.
may i suggest an index of terms. it took me forever to find out what a cab was and i still don't really know what a kitchen is. a simple and precise explanation of the terms used with ppc would go a long way in fighting the n00b problem around here
Old 10-28-2007, 07:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

okay folks I have a rough draft of My Newbie Website which only has a few basic Hack tutorials and some very nice plugins. I basicly want feed back to proceed from here.http://www.goddworlddesigns.com/DA.htm
Old 10-28-2007, 08:24 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
okay folks I have a rough draft of My Newbie Website which only has a few basic Hack tutorials and some very nice plugins. I basicly want feed back to proceed from here.http://www.goddworlddesigns.com/DA.htm
My only recommendation is to give credit where credit is due. Lately I have seen one too many people posting knowledge they got from other places on their sites and claiming it as their own.

That does not fly with the community. BTW, not saying you are doing it... just saying it is my recommendation.

---
Don't forget to Search first!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions