PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which OS Interests You Most?
WebOS 1.2.1 21 11.29%
Iphone 3.1 OS 2 1.08%
Windows Phone 6.5 OS 84 45.16%
Android Donut OS 78 41.94%
Blackberry 5.0 OS 1 0.54%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
Re: Which OS Interests You Most?

yes(mostly) but it will get more exposure here (even if its in the wrong thread) though I'm sure it will be moved eventually. Also the title is more understandable as to what the thread is about.. Plus a poll was added. All those that already spoke/voted on this matter I thank you. Hopefully this thread helps those that are new to any of these OS's...in getting a better understanding of them and helps in making a decision as to which OS is right for them..

Last edited by smoove21; 10-16-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:52 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I am most interested to see what happens with WinMo 7. If that doesn't do so well, I would say Android. I have a Palm Pre, iPhone 3G, and a Diamond. Unfortunately, I don't think the Pre will even get the market share to be substantial; its a shame too because its an awesome device., I just dont think it can beat out Android...
Old 10-16-2009, 02:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it would be rather odd if Windows Phone doesn't win this one...
Old 10-16-2009, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

actually it won't...simply because most of us have or has had windows phones..most have pushed windows as far as it can go in its current state.. More than likely android will win.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Im slightly biased towards the WM platform, only because its the one I have had the most exposure with. I like the features it comes with out of the box, and the myphone app has become something i'd be hard pressed to give up.

Although with the growing interest for smartphones, WM has alot of catching up to do if it is to compete with android.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't get why people say it's outdated. Why is it outdated? Because it hasn't gone through massive overhauls and doesn't look amazingly different than before? Here's a surprise, it's been great all this time. Sure some phones didn't implement it well, sometimes the hardware is funky, but the OS itself has been powerfull and flexible since the beginning. I just don't get "outdated." What can it not do that other phone OS's, some of which are brand new by the way, can't?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Kamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Kamokazi Send a message via AIM to Kamokazi Send a message via Yahoo to Kamokazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamokazi

Why not Android 2.0 Eclair?
Old 10-16-2009, 09:53 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
I don't get why people say it's outdated. Why is it outdated? Because it hasn't gone through massive overhauls and doesn't look amazingly different than before? Here's a surprise, it's been great all this time. Sure some phones didn't implement it well, sometimes the hardware is funky, but the OS itself has been powerfull and flexible since the beginning. I just don't get "outdated." What can it not do that other phone OS's, some of which are brand new by the way, can't?

I dont get it either, aint a OS out that can do as much as Winmo......

Palm pre for that fact, no video camera????

I know thats not OS but damn, what about upload and download, winmo beats them hands down..

can other OS' download rapidshare or any other files.... didnt some just get MMS....lol

Windows Wins hands down, oh no its not new like android, but it will do more....
Old 10-16-2009, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

windows mobile 6.5.1 has been an interest of mine since we began seeing things about the os
but a close second is webos...that's a demon right there!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX

mobilevader is a n00b

Microsoft often has "breakout" products that simply go above what it has done previosly. Think Win 2k... I think (hope?) win mob 7 is going to be on that level... that is what I'm interested in right now...

All this other stuff is fluff... but out of the list Android has a much better change of "being around" in three years vs. palm. BB is a business device, so it will be around (matter of fact, I also carry a BB daily). Soon as iphone gets off att it will also grow again in popularity. I will note that Android with the google OS is going to be an interesting combination...

Best thing for us Winmob lovers is competition... ms does its best work in the face of adversity (ie win 7 after launching that disaster vista).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
android, discussion, hero, iphone, os, palm, pre, switch, web os