PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you interface GV with your mobile device?
Google App (for BB/Android etc..) 14 6.80%
Google Website 29 14.08%
Call Google 13 6.31%
MagiCall 37 17.96%
GV Dialer 19 9.22%
Calling Card by Handango 5 2.43%
iDialer 47 22.82%
One Dialer 16 7.77%
gVo dialer 20 9.71%
GoVoMo 6 2.91%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Voice Incoming/Outgoing Options!

Thanks MordyT for the Magicall tips and configs! I just bought it, installed it, checked out your rules, and it all works great.

To think of all the energy I have wasted trying...well...I had tried just about every other option except Magicall. Not sure why I didn't try it sooner. I was doing alright having settled on iDialer and iContact together (nice apps), but I couldn't voice dial while driving, and would also occasionally forget and dial from my regular dialer, confusing all my clients who I told to switch numbers.

The Magicall method of seamlessly/instantly intercepting and rerouting outgoing calls through GV is perfect -- it even allows your call history log to reflect the *actual* contacts called without any visible sign that it was rerouted. Score!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solange82200 View Post
Hi guys, I read somewhere that you can somehow get Magicall to send texts that come from your GV number? Is that possible? I have it already for calls, but I cant figure out how I would set it up for text. Perhaps I had misunderstood, so if it cant be done please let me know. Thank you much!
SMS through MagiCall is possible - i have the rules almost ready to go.
Stay posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
I already have my voicemail in the exception rule which bypasses GV.
Is that what you mean?
Yep
Quote:
I thought that one of the posters wanted to dial his voicemail and have it go thru google voice, and be able vo access his messages.
Normally when you do that though, it is as if you are an outside caller calling in to your cellphone number. In which case you would have to access your voicemail via your password.
The poster wanted to dial out through the 8 option.I must be missing something
Oops. My original set did not have sprint vm going out normally. If that is what he wanted, that is doable. will be in the new set shortly
Quote:
In regards to the 3 numbers you added as exceptions, and you said you add your pick 3 number and you're good to go. Can you clarify?
Sorry for the confusion.
I just copied a rule several time for more numbers that don't go through Gv. somone pmed me saying they couldn't figure out how to copy the exeption rules. thats all
Quote:
EDIT:
Is the sms rule included in your new set of rules?
Not yet. hang on.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey, MordyT, you didn't answer any of my questions lol
I am just kidding.
I appreciate you verifying that info for me
Thanks.
I gotta get the name of the poster regarding the voicemail request.
I will edit this post when I find it.

EDIT:

ikjfdsa is the poster
Post #113 is where the voicemail issue was mentioned.
The voicemail number can be used to call out from and have the voicemail number come up as Private on caller id if option 8 is used for calling out.
The voicemail number can be used as one of the Pick 3 numbers so outgoing is Free as when you use GV.
The only difference would be that the voicemail number would show on the caller id instead of the GV number.
It would appear that the voicemail number would just have to be included in the Exception Rule as you have done.
I think the op had an issue with retrieving his messages because the VM number was going thru GV. But entering his password is the solution.
I may be wrong with what I am saying relating to his request.
When the op reads this, I am sure we will find out
Bottomline is this >
If you let your Vm number go thru GV, you will be calling for free. If you choose to use option 8 from your Vm to call out, the caller id will show Private.
You will also not have to use up one of your Pick 3 if you have the Pick 3 option.
If you add your Vm number to the Magicall Exception Rule, you can call (without Vm thinking it is an outside caller) and use your voicemail options as you usually do regarding retrieving messages without entering your password, option 8 to call out, etc.
You can add your Vm number to Pick 3 (if you have that feature) and outgoing calls are free also. Private would show on Caller id.
Why add your Vm number to the Exception Rule?
So people see Private on their caller id. And there would be no delay on connecting to the call.
If you get alot of Vm messages, including the number in the Magicall Exception Rule may be a good choice because you won't have a transfer delay, and including it in your Pick 3 would make calls to Vm Free.
**EDIT**
My choice is to include my Vm number in the Exception Rule. I could always disengage that Rule if needed.
It only takes 1 1/2 seconds to disengage the Rule. Yes, I timed it
Depending on whether you have
Pick 3 or not, and what your needs are, these are just some of your options.
I think I covered almost everything.
Feel free to add or correct
This post is regarding whether or not to include your Vm number in the Magicall Exceptions Rule.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 09-01-2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: content change/addition/**Edit regarding Rule.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Solange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mordy, we are dying to find out the new SMS rule! I cant for the life of me figure it out, I cant wait to see what you come up with. Thanks for recommending Magicall, I too had given up on using my Google voice number because I was unhappy with all the other programs and solutions. This one is perfect, and I was happy to pay for Magicall.

BTW, I think it was Handango, Im not sure where, but when I clicked to leave after putting Magicall in my cart, it gave me the option of one of getting it for free with trialpay. I used trialpay to get Kinoma, which is normally 30 dollars, and I got it for free by signing up for a month of Audible (which came with a free audio book), and it was 7.99. I cancelled after that month, and basically got Kinoma and an audio book for 7.99. So if you want Magicall but cant afford the 24.99, I suggest you do the trialpay, you can get a good deal.

Last edited by Solange82200; 09-01-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

juddrl is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
The voicemail number can be used to call out from and have the voicemail number come up on caller id if option 8 is used for calling out.
As the op mentioned, the voicemail number can be used as one of the Pick 3 numbers so outgoing is Free as when you use GV.
The only difference would be that the voicemail number would show on the caller id instead of the GV number.
You don't even need GV to use the dialing out through voicemail method (provided it is a pick 3).

I only mentioned this method as a "here's another way to get free outgoing calls". I don't think dialing through voicemail is better than any of MortyT's methods but if you don't have GV...

Also, dialing out through option 8 in your voicemail shows up on caller ID as Private Number (at least it did for me when I called my home number using this method.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddrl View Post
You don't even need GV to use the dialing out through voicemail method (provided it is a pick 3).

I only mentioned this method as a "here's another way to get free outgoing calls". I don't think dialing through voicemail is better than any of MortyT's methods but if you don't have GV...

Also, dialing out through option 8 in your voicemail shows up on caller ID as Private Number (at least it did for me when I called my home number using this method.
See my lengthy post regarding why to or not add Vm to the Magicall Exception List.
Basically that is what the post is about. In addition to answering another poster regarding his issue.
I originally included your name and post number in error as I got confused with the other member.
Typing on my Diamond is slightly tedious.
I changed the Vm Caller id description to Private.

Last edited by Biker1; 09-01-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

juddrl is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
See my lengthy post regarding why voto add Vm to the Exception List or not. Basically that is what the post is about in addition to answering another poster regarding his issue.
I finally included your name and post in error as I got confused.
Typing on my Diamond is slightly tedious.
It obviously would

That about sums it up. Great information Biker! I'd just like to hear someone's report on what shows up on caller ID using option 8 in voicemail. I think you mentioned the cell number shows up but for me it was private number. If anyone wants to try and clear that up...
Old 09-01-2009, 08:17 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddrl View Post
That about sums it up. Great information Biker! I'd just like to hear someone's report on what shows up on caller ID using option 8 in voicemail. I think you mentioned the cell number shows up but for me it was private number. If anyone wants to try and clear that up...
I misposted as it does shows up Private.
I remember using option 8 previously and people asking why my number is Private.
Thanks for pointing that out.
Thanks previously clicked
Post is edited but the timing is off regarding responses.
You can see my last couple of posts
Old 09-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solange82200 View Post
Mordy, we are dying to find out the new SMS rule! I cant for the life of me figure it out, I cant wait to see what you come up with. Thanks for recommending Magicall, I too had given up on using my Google voice number because I was unhappy with all the other programs and solutions. This one is perfect, and I was happy to pay for Magicall.
The reason for the delay is twofold.

First, you are going to need more then a cellphone number of your recipent. This will get a little long. If you remeber when you set up GV, they had to call your cell. A 406 area cose number came up and you answered and they gave you the varification code. All that is unimportant. However, someone showed me that everyone who has a GV number has a special 406 number that they have for life. Google has assinged that number to them in their servers (however it works) I saved mine and you could call it and it will goto me. Everyone that calls you GV number also gets a 406 number. you could call it and it will goto them. The tricky part of all this is getting their 406 number. I am looking for a way easier way of getting the 406 number. You need that 406 number to send a sms without having to goto GV website.

Second, my rules set is huge. Just clearing out some rules and realseing it won't work because some of my rules are dependant on others. I tried just deleting the numbers and it stopped working. I am trying to clean up the dependancies and be done with it but it is hard.

I don't have an ETA for the realse set with SMS, but i do have some nice rules that are for eveyone that require almost no config. Tjose of you who like to play around in MagiCall won't care as you have set up everything i am adding, those of you who just want to drop in the rules set and go (after changing ur gv number and pin part) are going to like them. See you all later.

EDIT:
btw biker1, great post about the VM, ye got thanked
Old 09-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Solange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks Mordy, take your time, Im just grateful that you are sharing all this with us. Thank you for your hard work!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
calling google voice, google voice, gv, incoming, outgoing