PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Windows Mobile Device Acting Like Palm?

Hey guys, My name is Josh. I've been using HTC Phones for quite some time. I have 2 Mogul's. 1 Apache, Three Vogues, just sold a built and flashed to cricKet Diamond, And I just bought a Touch Pro.

I'm a huge car guy, mainly DSM's. I have a 1994 Eagle Talon that recently dyno'ed at 460 to all 4 wheels uncorrected...

I've been using a Palm m515 color to Data Log my car so I can tune with my laptop. Both my Palm and Laptop connect to a serial cable, that connects to the diag port on my car's ecu. For laptop connection I had to get a null modem adaptor for the DB9 Serial Port. The Palm I just connect the palms old serial sync cable to the car's serial cable and boom, I can check ecu codes, reset codes and make a log of everything my car is doing, from engine temp, injector pulse, knock, WB02, you name it! This guy on a nationwide DSM Forum brought up logging with a Windows Mobile Device, He is using a Touch Pro also. He mentioned a piece of software that is free, a Palm Emulator, To run the MMCD (data logging program for Mitsubishi/DSM, and only for Palm) program on the phone, and he went onto mentioning a proper usb->Serial adaptor, that would make the car think its connected to a laptop or palm (I can do both with the null modem adaptor)...

My phone with MMCD Running on a program I found, but costs 50 bucks.

Anyone understand and think you can help me out on where to go to get it working?

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 07-07-2009, 09:30 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: Windows Mobile Device Acting Like Palm?

I have not seen it done with a Windows Mobile device. Our mechanics, at the my former employer, were using Palm m100s but then their software was upgraded and we upgraded them to notebook pc's.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
I have not seen it done with a Windows Mobile device. Our mechanics, at the my former employer, were using Palm m100s but then their software was upgraded and we upgraded them to notebook pc's.
I originally started with a m100. Until I saw a M515 being the best that is "KNOWN" to work for the DSM ECU/Software because of its serial connection. So I picked one up on ebay for really cheap. Was nice but someone broke into the car and stole everything.

I remember my friends Palm is a Tungsten or whatever, and its USB and connects it to his car...

This program I downloaded, seems to have the software thinking the USB Port is a Serial Port like it was designed for... so maybe with a proper USB->Serial Adaptor, it will work...?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Maybe this?
http://www.autoenginuity.com/products-scantoolppc.html

That's for a check engine light type of thing, not sure if that's what you're talking about,
kinda half asleep right now, or that's my excuse haha.
If that is what you're talking about,
check out this thread that's talking about that type of program.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74011

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions