PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: ATT

83SanDimas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon XV6800 user looking for better phone

I am unhappy with my XV6800. I reboot several times a day. It is slow. I can often not even search my contacts. I want a more powerful phone and maybe less bulky. I use Internet explorer and opera. I NEED outlook mail and calendar. The phone is slow, I am often waiting for the number I just pressed to register.

What is the BEST pda phone? I like the "touch" features on other HTC phones and will look at the iphone. I would love to not have to hack and pray to get gps to work but if need be I will (verizon is my service provider) I use it for work and have 1600 contacts synced to my desktop using verizon wireless sync and I get email all day so I need the business end to work. I would be happy if the slick iphone style interfaces worked well too.

What do you suggest?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Verizon XV6800 user looking for better phone

I recommend a HTC Touch Pro.. If you have the money, I would buy the Sprint version, unlock it, and switch it to run on Verizon.. It possesses a slide out keyboard like the 6800, has 192 MB RAM (Verizon) or 288 MB RAM (Sprint) vs the 64 MB for the 6800, has a slick Touch Flo interface that is slick like the iPhone, and will work great for your business needs.. It has Opera 9.5 for great web browsing.. If you are looking to upgrade from your 6800, this is the phone for you..
Old 11-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

83SanDimas is a n00b

Thanks.... Is it the most powerful HTC pda phone, better than the diamond and tytn II? Does gps work out of the box?

If I buy the sprint hpow hard is it to get the verizon version to work?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Yes.. I believe it is the most powerful HTC phone on the market that runs WM.. The main difference between the Touch Pro and the Diamond is that the Touch Pro has a hardware, slide-out keyboard, and has a mini SD slot.. It comes with 512 MB of storage, while the Diamond has 4 GB of storage and no mini SD slot..

If you buy the Verizon version, GPS does not work out of the box.. It is locked to Verizon.. You can run an unlocking program to unlock GPS though..

The price for a Sprint Touch Pro is $579.99 for just the phone with no contracts..

If you buy the Sprint Touch Pro, you can unlock the device, and then install a custom ROM onto it.. Then you can get it activated on Verizon.. For more info on how to unlock the phone, check this thread out below..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

And for info on installing a custom ROM, check out this forum..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266
Old 11-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

83SanDimas is a n00b

Thanks again for your fast response. So the verizon has less memory than the sprint? Converting the sprint to work on verizon is fairly easy? Any idea where I should get one?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions