PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia w/CC20 base and Adryn's 6.5 over the top!
Carrier: Verizon

krushr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Splash screen cached?

I have created a new splash screen for my phone, uploaded it into the windows directory, and used the advanced config setup to choose it. When I power the phone up, the old splash shows for a few seconds, then my new splash screen.

Is this cached somewhere? I've done a few soft resets.

phone: Omnia running CF03 base with Yardie's 23559 modified ROM

ideas? thoughts? I see where other people have changed it, and tried that, but that cached splash is still there, unless the Advanced Config just isn't making it stick. I did double-check, and both the carrier splash and windows splash are listed as that file.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Splash screen cached?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krushr View Post
I have created a new splash screen for my phone, uploaded it into the windows directory, and used the advanced config setup to choose it. When I power the phone up, the old splash shows for a few seconds, then my new splash screen.

Is this cached somewhere? I've done a few soft resets.

phone: Omnia running CF03 base with Yardie's 23559 modified ROM

ideas? thoughts? I see where other people have changed it, and tried that, but that cached splash is still there, unless the Advanced Config just isn't making it stick. I did double-check, and both the carrier splash and windows splash are listed as that file.
I've had a splash screen 'stick' with one ROM flash to another different ROM flash with a different splash.

solution for me is next time i flash it over writes those sectors for sure. In effect taking 2 flashes but all my flashes are "tests" so it's okay, as i get to test different program combination etc.

there is an RUU that will just flash a splash img on your phone without a hard reset, but a search would be required, good luck!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Re: Splash screen cached?

instead of making a new image and pointing to it with advanced config, overwrite the original image with yours.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions