PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: att

kilgoretrout is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sandisk SDHC card files gone

Help! I have a Palm Treo Pro and have a sandisk 4gb sdhc memory card I got way back in September '09 when I got my first smartphone (Treo was obtained in Jan '10). Gradually I'd been storing lots of stuff there, music files, videos, etc. I had used up 3.5, only 0.5g was remaining.

Anyway, recently, suddenly even though it shows only 0.5g is available, it wont list any files in the used-up 3.5g. Tried battery pop, reading from PC, to no avail. New files we would store.. but not I notice those started disppearing!

Is there any way to recover what is in the locked portion of the card?

I guess it has gone bad, and I should excercize the 5year warrantly to get a new card (if I can find the reciept, lol!) .

And I would NEVER trust one of these fingernail cards. I have since read WAY too many tales of woe of people who lost their data out of the blue. What good are they if they can't be trusted? Criminey!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:47 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: Sandisk SDHC card files gone

known issue with these cards. usually not able to restore. where did you get the card? i would suggest backing everything up once in a while, if you moved it from your pc to your card, you should have everything on your pc still.

also formatting once in a while doesnt hurt either

Help Me Help You
Old 03-24-2010, 10:51 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Do you see the full 4gb space total or only 0.5gb?

you can do recovery for flash media using the below softwareits free and I used it to recover images my brother deleted from the camera..it recovers media files mostly though which seems to be what you want to recover)

http://www.pcinspector.de/SmartRecov...htm?language=1

Note: when recovering make sure to put it on a hd disk and not back on the flash media

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-28-2010, 02:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Do you see the full 4gb space total or only 0.5gb?

you can do recovery for flash media using the below softwareits free and I used it to recover images my brother deleted from the camera..it recovers media files mostly though which seems to be what you want to recover)

http://www.pcinspector.de/SmartRecov...htm?language=1

Note: when recovering make sure to put it on a hd disk and not back on the flash media
+1 to this.
Also, +1 to a backup every now and then.

SD Cards are pretty safe really, sometimes they do "fail" but you can usually recover the files (which only takes some time to do).

I had this happen to me once in the years I've had a couple sd cards in multiple sizes for my music/programs/data/etc.

Also, it's not a bad idea to backup other data period. Electronics are known to just fail randomly...it's just the way it is.

I personally took all data off of my card and store it on my phone that my phone accesses alot...for example backgrounds, ringtones, etc.
I have a backup on my sdcard, and a exe that I personally built to restore all my data upon a new ROM flash. The cards (and harddrives/flashdrives period) do have a limited amount of times you can read/write to the cards.
Some are higher than others and some are to the point that the space will just become so outdated that you'll upgrade it before it reaches that limit.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Here's also a great recovery program:
http://www.piriform.com/recuva
Made by the same people as CCleaner...
It will find all types of files.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

WOW, I love the excellent help provided here to this user Great work everyone! That's what PPCGeeks does best

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions