PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: windows mobile/phone is done..

Honestly its dead regardless of when winmo 7 comes out. winmo is already so far behind and it amazes me being that they had practically a 5 year head start on the other smart phones out now. Hell by the time winmo 7 drops we'll have android phones out of the ass. Take away manila or the fact that a lot of people use mobile shell to cover up winmos crappy interface and you see winmo for what it really is...
Old 01-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

I'll give them until World Mobile Congress to give a little more detail about Windowa Mobile 7 before I'll write them off.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

The article doesn't have any inference on the future success or failure of wm7 or ever wm in general.

This is just another rehash thread on why you like or don't like winmo, guess the other 5000 didn't satisfy.

Last edited by orangekid; 01-08-2010 at 11:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

WM is not inferior to the other OS out there, WM is different from them. First there was the iphone, then the others, android, web os tried to be just like them and they are decent OS's and good for many reasons, but they are entertainment oriented. WM is not centered around that, they are a business based device, not some phone that they are expecting you to put a thousand apps on.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

win mobile is awesome technology just needs to catch up with it and snapdragon processors will be the key especially the dual core one coming out later this year I will take winmo over the rest android and web os are newer and look diffrent and seem better but win mo will always be my first choice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: rhodium
Carrier: sprint

anonamousantichrist is a n00b

well, good thing microsoft does not go down without a fight. even if that fight is brought about in a less than legal way, at the end of the day they have the financial power (and all that comes with it) to not go down without a fight.

i wonder exactly how many companies microsoft has bankrupted in the court system, bought, or completely dismantled just to make a point. i remember in the 80's and 90's when ms wanted something they got it regardless of cost even if they had to use the court to accomplish their goals.

cheers,
AA
Old 01-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

capthr is keeping up the good workcapthr is keeping up the good work

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/08/w...st-evolutiona/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What is this thread even open for, in this section anyways??

WM is not going to just fade away, it will just have a lesser marketshare, it's always this way in many industries, someone is the innovator and then others come out with other similar products that Improve on various aspects of the original and take marketshare or even help grow the entire market, it's called Capitalism....duhhhh.

Oh yeah did I mention why is this ridiculous thread being posted in the NEWS section???

Last edited by Primenall; 01-08-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
Yes it's considered news... if you don't like the thread why are you reading and commenting?.
I read the thread because I was under the assumption there was actual "factual" news tied to the thread and not the ramblings of a disgruntled WM owner.

The fact is Windows Mobile is not dead and you saying anything else is purely conjectural. Feel free to speak your mind, we'll listen, but post those opinions in the correct area.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonamousantichrist View Post
well, good thing microsoft does not go down without a fight. even if that fight is brought about in a less than legal way, at the end of the day they have the financial power (and all that comes with it) to not go down without a fight.

i wonder exactly how many companies microsoft has bankrupted in the court system, bought, or completely dismantled just to make a point. i remember in the 80's and 90's when ms wanted something they got it regardless of cost even if they had to use the court to accomplish their goals.

cheers,
AA
if you're going to make such a bizarre and damning accusation you may want to post some actual facts or case histories to back it up. I don't "remember" any of that stuff but what I DO remember is that Bill Gates busted his ass to get where he is and he didn't luck his way or inherit a trust fund to build an empire. without MS we wouldn't even be having these forums up. I'm not saying MS has never been unscrupulous in their dealings but like Phil Jackson once said about my Rockets "give him some #$%^ing credit, ok?"

Personally I don't like apple products all that much but I still give credit to steve for his ingenuity and his ability to build such a successful enterprise.

It's real easy to player hate, but try starting a business and then come back and talk to me. We can all sit here and say what they "should" do but if many of us were running MS it would have tanked a long time ago. MS didn't get to where it is by listening to people who had no experience in actual business.

Being that as it may, as consumers we have the right to complain, especially since PPCG members are probably very largely responsible for advertising and purchasing WM products and development (along with xda), but just try to keep the full picture in mind.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
microsoft, palm, webos, windows mobile