PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to dicast
Re: windows mobile/phone is done..

Did anyone miss the part where he siad "we will have alot more to say about phone, next month at mobile world congress"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:08 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

ya'll forgetting about world mobile congress? Balmber himself stated this is for a later date and it will all discuss zune hd, wm7, tv on devices (shown with HD2 during CES keynote) for the wmc. Microsoft is merely choosing their battles because they are a huge corporation and have other more specific markets to worry about in CES while another trade show is dedicated to the wm7

that's my $0.02 folks
Old 01-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Is this really news? Moderators please move the thead.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

The reason is obvious: MS themselves said not to expect WM7 until late 2010/early 2011.

This will inevitably get pushed back AGAIN. Thus, CES 2011 is a more appropriate venue for them to preview the OS.

In the meantime, the diehards will continue to hang on to WM, insisting its the best.

"I love WM, all I have to so is solder in a new chip, reporgram it with a custom ROM, rip the guts out, add a new processor, skin it, and order a new housing and it does EXACTLY what I want. Its so customizable".

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can find someone that prefers DOS to Windows 7. "All I do is type in this "dir" thingy,. and look at all that text. Seriously, you just can't get that sharp of a text with newer models..."
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts View Post
See, your statement is also speculation. What if wm7 comes out and it's not revolutionary or innovative at all?

The op has only valid observations that we can all agree on. The fact is, we're already into the next generation of smart phones, MS doesn't have the luxury of ****ing around for a whole year while Android spreads like crazy and gets ahead. It's a pretty well known fact that Apple is working on the next iteration of iPhone.

You can't prove to me that whatever MS has under wraps is innovative and revolutionary. And in this kind of climate, no news is bad news, even a simple leak to keep people on edge is better than nothing at all.
Thank you..I try my best to make my opinion based off of facts. To the person that posted behind me I would like to say you sound stupid. Microsoft hasn't announced that their os is coming this year.. Their last announcement delayed it. Only one company said it was coming yet they couldn't even show a spec sheet of any device of theirs that would run it, let alone any screens. Yet your right the phone manufacturer knows better than the company actually making the OS. On top of that why would microsoft allow someone else make such a huge announcement. If they're keeping it such a big secret and underwraps how come you know so much? Lol you don't, do you have any screenshots? No. Any leaked roms? No. Any hardware said to be running windows phone 7? No. Lol I figured you didn't, you're only speculating and rambling on with hardly any tangible evidence to back your claims up. Even apple who hasn't officially announced the next iphone was at least peeking the interest of many when it was shown that testing was being done in california of a mobile device....this is at least something that they've done before. So far,anything that has leaked microsoft has pulled(pics) or denied. It's hard to keep interest in something you never see or hear.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 01-08-2010, 09:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

considering balmer said 2 days ago that the announcement for windows mobile was set for next month at MWC why is this topic even here!?
and while I called balmer a **** tease, he always said this wouldn't be wm. That's next month. And yes OP youre way to premature to say wm is dead
and baselessly saying it too on a site that is mostly for wm?

ty carla =)
Old 01-08-2010, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
Is this really news? Moderators please move the thead.

Yes it's considered news. It's tied to the consumer electronics show. That is why there's a link to microsoft's part of the show. Things that aren't spoke of or done are just as important as those that are. Anything that informs the reader/viewer is news. On top of that if you don't like the thread why are you reading and commenting? I hate when people complain about why are certain threads in existence yet they participate in them.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
ya'll forgetting about world mobile congress? Balmber himself stated this is for a later date and it will all discuss zune hd, wm7, tv on devices (shown with HD2 during CES keynote) for the wmc. Microsoft is merely choosing their battles because they are a huge corporation and have other more specific markets to worry about in CES while another trade show is dedicated to the wm7

that's my $0.02 folks
I agree with you that those things will be discussed further next month. Usually things announced at the ces are those that will be released that year. This is why I feel that microsoft has really delayed until next year. Just was trying to hold out hope.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
considering balmer said 2 days ago that the announcement for windows mobile was set for next month at MWC why is this topic even here!?
and while I called balmer a **** tease, he always said this wouldn't be wm. That's next month. And yes OP youre way to premature to say wm is dead
and baselessly saying it too on a site that is mostly for wm?

[img]
ty carla =)
It's an opinion, I feel the way I do based off what I see and hear. I stick by my claim,everyone is speaking like I said the OS was cancelled lol. It's seems as though alot of people can't take it when someone doesn't see things the way they do. Let me clarify a little, by dead I meant that windows won't have the #1,#2 or maybe even #3 spot with windows mobile 7(please don't include older versions). Not this decade, it just isn't going to happen. Not with them(microsoft) being anywhere from 1-4 years behind other os'. Say what you want about apple,rim,google or palm. Those companies all have os' that are out now. They're constantly growing and the same simply can't be said for windows. I don't even like apple yet they've sold over 30million iphones. With as many people as that sounds, it's still hasn't peeked because it's locked to certain carriers. Right now windows mobile has nothing to lay claim to other than fanboys and loyalists. You people need to learn to accept the fact that everyone doesn't feel the same as you. There's no need to get an attitude because my opinion is different from yours. I have a touch pro2 and palm pre so I'm not biased towards any OS.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

you made a baseless claim based on something you didn't hear...
its not news. its speculative opinion - and baseless in that lg has already announced wm7 is coming this year. Its baseless because balmer announced mobile platforms for next month. Its baseless because you try to connect news with your growing negative belief that wm is dead..everything you stated is an opinion...there are no facts behind it whatsoever
seriously
this shouldn't even be here...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
microsoft, palm, webos, windows mobile