PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
save your text messages?

if so, why? Every once in a while I read about someone who saves all their texts or questions about how to back up your texts..I wonder, what are you all doing with these backed up texts? I can see the obvious business user saving them, but average Joe? This isn't a dig at anyone, I'm just curious..

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 01-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: save your text messages?

I've wondered the same thing. If anything, I might save a mms if I thought it was good enough. All my pictures get saved to my card and so do notes so no worry there. I sync with exchange so I don't even back anything up before a flash.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
if so, why? Every once in a while I read about someone who saves all their texts or questions about how to back up your texts..I wonder, what are you all doing with these backed up texts? I can see the obvious business user saving them, but average Joe? This isn't a dig at anyone, I'm just curious..
Well some of these things have to do with personal stuff. Sometimes I like to save my texts in case I have forgotten who a sender is etc.

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 01-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

derek20la is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
I've wondered the same thing. If anything, I might save a mms if I thought it was good enough. All my pictures get saved to my card and so do notes so no worry there. I sync with exchange so I don't even back anything up before a flash.
how do you backup your mms messages? i wanted to upgrade to mighyrom, but first i wanted to save some pics i received. on my phone (currently using stock sprint fw) when viewing a picture i see no menu option to save it.

under messaging options, storage tab, i see an option that says "when available, use this storage card to store attachments", but is there anyway to apply this to mms messages i already received? or do i just have to forward and email myself all the ones i want to save?

thanks
derek
Old 01-06-2010, 10:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

here is your answer.

https://www.mylookout.com

what i use. it does mms sms . anti virus phone location detection. i love it.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Well, it adds a 3rd party into the mix. In today's economy, 3rd parties in the mix may not remain a viable option.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek20la View Post
how do you backup your mms messages? i wanted to upgrade to mighyrom, but first i wanted to save some pics i received. on my phone (currently using stock sprint fw) when viewing a picture i see no menu option to save it.

under messaging options, storage tab, i see an option that says "when available, use this storage card to store attachments", but is there anyway to apply this to mms messages i already received? or do i just have to forward and email myself all the ones i want to save?

thanks
derek

I don't backup mms messages. If I like to content, I save it to my card.
just in case you don't know how to do that:
open the picture > contents > menu > save
or:
open the picture > contents > long press on the attachment and select save.

It saves to My documents\My pictures by default but that is easy enought to fix by a simple registry edit.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\Folder
In the you can remap the location of where you want items saved, I changed the pics from \My Documents\My Pictures to \Storage Card\My Pictures
Old 01-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

I used to backup text msgs too, but with the performance hit my phones took when restoring them I reconsidered. Seldom have the need to refer back to old conversations.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

wouldnt it just be easier to copy and save the .pim folder to your storage card?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

I back up text messages when I need to flash another ROM. Sometimes my friends and I carry on conversations hours or maybe a day later. So that way, I know what we were talking about and so on.

But usually I don't really delete my texts. They just stay in my phone until the phone starts to become laggy, and well then I'm kind of forced to delete them. lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions