PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   save your text messages? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104234)

mulhiny 01-01-2010 08:54 PM

save your text messages?

if so, why? Every once in a while I read about someone who saves all their texts or questions about how to back up your texts..I wonder, what are you all doing with these backed up texts? I can see the obvious business user saving them, but average Joe? This isn't a dig at anyone, I'm just curious..

jason25 01-01-2010 09:08 PM

Re: save your text messages?

I've wondered the same thing. If anything, I might save a mms if I thought it was good enough. All my pictures get saved to my card and so do notes so no worry there. I sync with exchange so I don't even back anything up before a flash.

Weapondrift 01-01-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 1454187)
if so, why? Every once in a while I read about someone who saves all their texts or questions about how to back up your texts..I wonder, what are you all doing with these backed up texts? I can see the obvious business user saving them, but average Joe? This isn't a dig at anyone, I'm just curious..

Well some of these things have to do with personal stuff. Sometimes I like to save my texts in case I have forgotten who a sender is etc.

derek20la 01-06-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason25 (Post 1454207)
I've wondered the same thing. If anything, I might save a mms if I thought it was good enough. All my pictures get saved to my card and so do notes so no worry there. I sync with exchange so I don't even back anything up before a flash.

how do you backup your mms messages? i wanted to upgrade to mighyrom, but first i wanted to save some pics i received. on my phone (currently using stock sprint fw) when viewing a picture i see no menu option to save it.

under messaging options, storage tab, i see an option that says "when available, use this storage card to store attachments", but is there anyway to apply this to mms messages i already received? or do i just have to forward and email myself all the ones i want to save?

thanks
derek

kaos 01-06-2010 10:36 PM

here is your answer.

https://www.mylookout.com

what i use. it does mms sms . anti virus phone location detection. i love it.

BenC 01-07-2010 02:09 PM

Well, it adds a 3rd party into the mix. In today's economy, 3rd parties in the mix may not remain a viable option.

jason25 01-07-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek20la (Post 1465892)
how do you backup your mms messages? i wanted to upgrade to mighyrom, but first i wanted to save some pics i received. on my phone (currently using stock sprint fw) when viewing a picture i see no menu option to save it.

under messaging options, storage tab, i see an option that says "when available, use this storage card to store attachments", but is there anyway to apply this to mms messages i already received? or do i just have to forward and email myself all the ones i want to save?

thanks
derek

I don't backup mms messages. If I like to content, I save it to my card.
just in case you don't know how to do that:
open the picture > contents > menu > save
or:
open the picture > contents > long press on the attachment and select save.

It saves to My documents\My pictures by default but that is easy enought to fix by a simple registry edit.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\Folder
In the you can remap the location of where you want items saved, I changed the pics from \My Documents\My Pictures to \Storage Card\My Pictures

Imaginos 01-11-2010 07:18 AM

I used to backup text msgs too, but with the performance hit my phones took when restoring them I reconsidered. Seldom have the need to refer back to old conversations.

Weapondrift 01-11-2010 07:37 AM

wouldnt it just be easier to copy and save the .pim folder to your storage card?

champ052005 01-11-2010 10:30 AM

I back up text messages when I need to flash another ROM. Sometimes my friends and I carry on conversations hours or maybe a day later. So that way, I know what we were talking about and so on.

But usually I don't really delete my texts. They just stay in my phone until the phone starts to become laggy, and well then I'm kind of forced to delete them. lol.