PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who pre-ordered an iPhone 3Gs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Both my dad and mother-in-law have iPhones. I'm sure my dad will upgrade cuz he's retired and has waaaaayyyy too much time on his hands for stuff like this. I think my folks are spending our inheritance on toys, trips, etc.

Maybe I can get him to give me his old phone and I can jailbreak it for Sprint.

late,
Coz
Hey Coz, do you/your parents know about this??
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/06/iphone-3gs-tax/

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
whew!!! i thought Apple had abducted Coz and put and Cozbot in his place!!!!
If im not mistaken Coz works with quite a few Apples in his line or work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
ditto...I have a Touch Pro, and I also own a iPod Touch. I must say, for mainly everything, I love my Touch Pro, hands down. But as far as waking me up and keeping all my music, and the beer pong app , my iPod works pretty well for that

I hear you, i have a diamond with wifirouter, and an ipod touch. I even have a beer pong app too! plus, iJiggle looks way more realistic than hdWobble. lol!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

haha have you guys seend the new iphone commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7uhO3bM6jw

haha omg it has video such an "AMAZING" Feature lmao my gf free LG phone does video and MMS are you freaking kidding me....

apple is still living in the past. i do feel sorry for them though.

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:33 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

apple is like this, and their fans act like whatever the iphone has is the most important thing ever

remember when the first iphone released??

"copy and paste isnt necessary"
"apps are overrated"
"i dont need video/mms"
"i dont care if it multitasks"

why? because iphone did not support it

...moving forward, the iphone3g is released and i could have sworn that ATT introduced 3g that very day hahaha

...and now that whole "its all about the apps" mentality as opposed as what they said when it first released...

now the 3Gs.......same story....but with dumber features lol
Old 06-19-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

JC Disciple is a n00b

Got mines today with no problem.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionsbuckle View Post
haha have you guys seend the new iphone commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7uhO3bM6jw

haha omg it has video such an "AMAZING" Feature lmao my gf free LG phone does video and MMS are you freaking kidding me....

apple is still living in the past. i do feel sorry for them though.
funny ! they are like findly we have a camera wow.!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

It can still only run one app, but the 3GS has the latest ARM processor, the Cortex A8 which is ridiculously fast. There are some benchmarks here:
http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3587
I ran them on my Omnia and tended to be near the slower side on each one. I'm not surprised though, the Cortex is used in the Archos 5 media player which is able to decode HD video onboard (!) as well as the OpenPandora which is designed to emulate console games.
So while the software hasn't gone that far, the hardware is a pretty big leap forward.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: ATT

glascofirefighter225 is a n00b

i have to say that the 3gs is much nicer than the 3g. I purchased the 3g the day before apple announced the 3gs, so att upgraded me for free. It is a LOT faster. Before i bought it i did do research. Without signing a new contract, the iphone was actually the cheapest phone that would do what i wanted. Comparing it to the htc 8525 that i owned prior to this, i would take the iphone any day. My ownly problem with it is that i can only run one app at a time. Moast of the things i had to fight to make my winmo phone do, the iphone could do out of the box.

cheers,
Matt
Old 06-23-2009, 09:44 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glascofirefighter225 View Post
i have to say that the 3gs is much nicer than the 3g. I purchased the 3g the day before apple announced the 3gs, so att upgraded me for free. It is a LOT faster. Before i bought it i did do research. Without signing a new contract, the iphone was actually the cheapest phone that would do what i wanted. Comparing it to the htc 8525 that i owned prior to this, i would take the iphone any day. My ownly problem with it is that i can only run one app at a time. Moast of the things i had to fight to make my winmo phone do, the iphone could do out of the box.

cheers,
Matt
have you tried "backgrounder"? it allows multitasking on the iPhone but its supposed to be jailbroken for it to be installed

im thinking the 3Gs should have enough horsepower to handle multitasking without losing performance now
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: ATT

glascofirefighter225 is a n00b

cool ill give it a try thanks. how do i jailbreak it and what will change?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@Mike:
600Mhz I'm sure it can handle anything our beloved Diamonds, and Touch Pros can.

@glasco:
Jailbreaking isnt quite available for the 3gS yet. Check here often, as these are the people who have jailbroken every Apple iPhone OS running device so far.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions