PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 01:27 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
any one watching the press conference? 7/16/2010

its streaming now on http://www.macworld.com/article/1527...7/iphone4.html and
http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/l...est&refresh=60
been on for 30 min or so, so far jobes is saying "all phones drop calls, big deal! and return rates are low." not for long. he also said apple knew about the problem beforehand.
edit: hahahahaha. he said dropped calls due to touching the anteanna were prolly just as bad on the 3gs, but every one had cases left over from the old phones that still fit, so they just didnt notice! thats good stuff!
10:30 said its antaenna issue, every one gets a free bumper case!

Last edited by austin420; 07-16-2010 at 01:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: any one watching the press conference? 7/16/2010

man hes got balls ill give him that, people follow him like hes god or something. thanx for posting.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I watched it, free bumpers or any case you want!! Hell ya, I was gonna spend 30 bucks on an nice case.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

phillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to phillyboi6829

When is Snapple goin to get over its self. I was hopping for a recall so the fnboys could go home crying to there moms

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Threadstarter

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

no recall, but everyone with an issue can bring it back undamaged within 30 days. isnt that already the policy? oh well. every one ive talked to about it are happy with thiers. ill bet they give out a crapload of cases though! i cant believe this is the end of it. he mentioned thee date sept 30th for free cases. does that mean by sept 30th they may have a new hardware version in stores?
Old 07-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

They said the returns comparisons were 7% for the 3GS and iphone 1.7% for the iphone4. As I've said before, its the best phone I've ever used period. All this talk is BS made up by the media sites to make a story out of nothing.

I personally am a Apple hater and a Windows guy, so I hate to sound like I'm supporting Apple, but I can't make up lies like other people about the iphone4, it really is a good quality phone.

I've had more phones than most people have in a lifetime, and so far this is my favorite phone, its almost addicting, where ever I go I am using it, I'm using it even more than my laptop these days.

Last edited by NIKKG; 07-16-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
They said the returns comparisons were 7% for the 3GS and iphone 1.7% for the iphone4. As I've said before, its the best phone I've ever used period. All this talk is BS made up by the media sites to make a story out of nothing.

I personally am a Apple hater and a Windows guy, so I hate to sound like I'm supporting Apple, but I can't make up lies like other people about the iphone4, it really is a good quality phone.

I've had more phones than most people have in a lifetime, and so far this is my favorite phone, its almost addicting, where ever I go I am using it, I'm using it even more than my laptop these days.
exactly. its just a phone. its got a good little video camera and an mp3 player, but really its just a phone. youve got no computing power in your pocket with an iphone. its not a ppc. other than that, there is nothing wrong with it. its just a phone.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboi6829 View Post
When is Snapple goin to get over its self. I was hopping for a recall so the fnboys could go home crying to there moms

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
the kicker was when he held up the omnia 2 and blackberry 9700 to show that they drop bars too....he didn't hold up a tp2 or hd2 lol!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:53 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

So Apple declared bankruptcy right? lol

The problem though wasn't seen with the 3gs because the antenna was not in the same spot as it is now which happens ot be in a standard position for holding...

As for the return rate..its kinda hard to tell..the 3gs had a much longer lifespan then the iphone 4...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Threadstarter

i liked that he used complaint call stats from apple care. that would be like me getting a dropped call and calling htc!?! and the return rates were a joke because theve sold a plethora of 3gs and only 3 million 4s.

Last edited by austin420; 07-16-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions