PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Naveronski is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Naveronski Send a message via AIM to Naveronski Send a message via MSN to Naveronski Send a message via Yahoo to Naveronski
Sprint - TP2 -> ? Now or later?

I'm on Sprint, and currently have the TP2.

I have an upgrade, and am tired of all the problems I have with my TP2 and Windows. I'm looking to Android as my (potential) savior.

Does Sprint have something coming down the pipes in the next 1-2 months that's worth waiting for?

Or should I explore the EVO/Epic more throughly?
Old 11-29-2010, 12:16 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Sprint - TP2 -> ? Now or later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveronski View Post
I'm on Sprint, and currently have the TP2.

I have an upgrade, and am tired of all the problems I have with my TP2 and Windows. I'm looking to Android as my (potential) savior.

Does Sprint have something coming down the pipes in the next 1-2 months that's worth waiting for?

Or should I explore the EVO/Epic more throughly?
had both the evo and epic but kept the epic and love it. phone keeps getting better too now that froyo is here and official isnt here yet but leaks are sweet.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Naveronski is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Naveronski Send a message via AIM to Naveronski Send a message via MSN to Naveronski Send a message via Yahoo to Naveronski

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
had both the evo and epic but kept the epic and love it. phone keeps getting better too now that froyo is here
I understand this. Thank you for your input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
and official isnt here yet but leaks are sweet.
Can you expand on this, please?
Old 11-30-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

tracsportva is just getting started

I am in the same boat.
I want to get the evo, I am a sprint premier customer (like everyone else), and well, I was wondering if Best Buy will price match wirefly, or radio shack online ads.
I saw the evo on wirefly for an upgrade price of 119. And even at radio shack its 149.

I want the evo over anything else.

Suggestions, curious?

Ryan
Old 11-30-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

subprime is keeping up the good worksubprime is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracsportva View Post
I am in the same boat.
I want to get the evo, I am a sprint premier customer (like everyone else), and well, I was wondering if Best Buy will price match wirefly, or radio shack online ads.
I saw the evo on wirefly for an upgrade price of 119. And even at radio shack its 149.

I want the evo over anything else.

Suggestions, curious?

Ryan
Wirefly might be a little difficult to get anyone to price match. I don't know all of the specifics but the agreement for the discount has something to do with paying your bill on time. Read the agreement because I think if you are even a few days late, they have the right to demand full price.

I don't know about Best Buy price matching so I am no help there. I would just call and ask or just buy it from Radio Shack.

I ditched the TP2 for the Evo and never looked back. It just works, exactly as it should, straight out of the box. I've heard good things about the Epic but I try to steer clear of samsung phones from my previous experience.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I want the evo, but cannot afford it.
I saw the optimus and read alot of stuff on it, reviews etc..on sprintusers.

Best Buy will give me the optimus for free.

With the evo though, can you sync up your work emails/calendar ...right now I use microsoft exchange.

I also was curious if you get an optimus if u have access to all the cool apps and app store that is the same with the evo.

I want to pull the trigger today.

BOOM...I am excited.

Ryan
Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

Batmaninthehood is a n00b

Looking to replace my TP2 as well, but I'm month to month on SERO and wondering if it's worth upgrading my contract and paying $20 extra a month.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracsportva View Post
I want the evo, but cannot afford it.
I saw the optimus and read alot of stuff on it, reviews etc..on sprintusers.

Best Buy will give me the optimus for free.

With the evo though, can you sync up your work emails/calendar ...right now I use microsoft exchange.

I also was curious if you get an optimus if u have access to all the cool apps and app store that is the same with the evo.

I want to pull the trigger today.

BOOM...I am excited.

Ryan
The Optimus is running Android 2.2 (FroYo) and will be able to access the Market for all Android apps and games, just like the EVO. Though with a much smaller screen and likely a slower CPU and lower memory, I couldn't tell you what it could run successfully.

I use my EVO to sync with my company's Exchange server, as well as Gmail and two personal email accounts (my own mail server).

I got my wife the Epic and I have the EVO. I love the EVO and haven't seen another phone come out on Sprint yet that I would dump my EVO for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmaninthehood View Post
Looking to replace my TP2 as well, but I'm month to month on SERO and wondering if it's worth upgrading my contract and paying $20 extra a month.
Simply put, for me, absolutely. But your opinion and financial situation may be different.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks
Right now, I think the optimus will be faster and more effective than the tp2, I am frustrated with the tp2 and windows mobile that the apps are so lacking
I will go to best buy today and get the optimus, and then do the whole ebay thing if I want the evo...or something better.

Ryan
Old 12-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Some managers at best buy will price match radio shack and walmart. I would check your local best buy store. Best way to do it is say you want the evo or epic and go through all the steps if getting it, then when its time to pay for it make them price match. If they say no then walk away and they may back down and give you price you want. I've done this before and usually the manager can ovveride any price to make the sale. If not then just order it online. Right now I think if you go through facebook you can get it for $68 new account or 119.99 for renewal. Or get it on newegg. I think they have a low price also. Just shop around. But try best buy first.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Get 1 Free!
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Tags
advice, android, sprint, upcoming