PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

apueb008 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tmobile G2 - thoughts?

Anyone planning on buying, already pre-ordered?
Old 09-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Tmobile G2 - thoughts?

i preordered one. tmo has their hspda+ in my area and I cant wait to try it out. it will mainly be a play phone for me to learn more in depth about the android os. im really excited to get it. it may not be the most groundbreaking phone in terms of specs but if the nexus one community is any indication, there is gonna be A LOT of development for this one I think!
Old 09-27-2010, 12:27 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I might try and get one actually! I seem very interested in a new Android device plus the cost for their monthly plan isn't so expensive compared to Sprint and others and... the device looks amazing!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Their monthly plans are about the same as Sprint if you subsidize a phone. If you don't, the plans are $20 cheaper.

I'll just get the ported ROM on my HD2, I am really not feeling that smaller screen, I don't think I can go back to smaller than a 4.3" now. The iPhone screen looks freaking tiny to me now, and since I watch football on my phone and hate HW keyboards I can't hang with that phone.

IMO the only thing that phone has going for it is HSPA+, I'd honestly rather have a Nexus One than a G2.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Yeah I pre ordered mines. I think it will be a great phone. I won't by an phone without and hardware keyboard. And screen size is perfect. 3.5 to 3.8 is the biggest screen size I will allow. Can't wait to jump to android.

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 09-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Just got my G2 and man does it feel solid. Love the metal finish to it. Slides real nice and smooth and the keyboard feels great so far. Will post more when Its finished charging.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Since the G1 is on the site, would this thread belong in that section? Thoughts.....

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-05-2010, 06:34 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

I personally think its good in the General since there is no G2 section yet and it is a different site.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
Just got my G2 and man does it feel solid. Love the metal finish to it. Slides real nice and smooth and the keyboard feels great so far. Will post more when Its finished charging.
yeah but you can't flash a custom ROM on this thing, as soon as you try the SO reloads the shipped OS, so crazy why would HTC do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
Since the G1 is on the site, would this thread belong in that section? Thoughts.....
no, this phone is nothing like the G1 other than it has manila android and a keyboard, lol, if we don't have a G2 forum then Frosty should make one.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
yeah but you can't flash a custom ROM on this thing, as soon as you try the SO reloads the shipped OS, so crazy why would HTC do this?

no, this phone is nothing like the G1 other than it has manila android and a keyboard, lol, if we don't have a G2 forum then Frosty should make one.
Yeah but I think its just a matter of time before the XDA guys get a work around for it. But right now stock its just fine. For now lol

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion