PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

acbyrd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Incredible, how many switching?

I am just curious to see how many people are going to be switching to the HTC Incredible when it comes out on April 29th, instead of waiting for the port for the TP2 to finally get everything working. I have been following the porting status of the CDMA TP2 since 95civic seemed to have started the uproar. I have been eagerly awaiting this port to keep cruising along and waiting for the sound to finally happen but to no avail. The more I play with the Android OS the more I want an actual completely working one. If anyone can give me their input on the subject as to why or why not their are switching it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

computerpro3 is becoming a great contributor
Re: HTC Incredible, how many switching?

I'm probably going to switch...the faster CPU alone is incredibly tempting. The only reason I would stay with my TP2 is for the fantastic keyboard, but swype pretty much negates that advantage so there is no real reason to stay.

The whole reason I enjoyed windows mobile was because of the tweakability and cool developers - now, however, most of those developers are jumping ship to Android.

Windows Phone 7 is a clean break; and if I'm going to have to start over again anyways, might as well be with the platform that has a massive head start.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

acbyrd is a n00b

You have made some very good arguments for going to the Android OS. Does anyone care to respond?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

computerpro3 is becoming a great contributor

Literally the only thing that might make me wait is to see if a direct response to Sprint's HTC EVO is going to show up on verizon. That is my idea of a PERFECT phone.

How can verizon not give us the 4.3in screen, kickstand, and 720p video recording? Come freaking on!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:33 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

For anyone that cares, I am going to the Evo when Sprint puts it out. I already have a rough draft of my TP2 ad I will post on Ebay.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:55 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
For anyone that cares, I am going to the Evo when Sprint puts it out. I already have a rough draft of my TP2 ad I will post on Ebay.
I'm sure you'll love it I been using a hero once more and I love Android I must say, just miss skype, at least an actual official skype application like the one for Windows mobile but i can manage till a good one is made. good luck selling the TP2 i might sell my last one as well.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

acbyrd is a n00b

So far no one is keeping their TP2, all are jumping ship. OK so maybe the results are a little skewed as this is in the android forum, but no one is in love enuff with their TP2 to keep it?
Old 04-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i will absolutley be keeping one of my tp2 and i will be picking up the incredible on launch day.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

This topic has been discussed a few times around here already. Here are a few other threads on the same topic, most of which include my take on it (5+ years on WinMo and now I am solely Android):

Why should I drop WinMo for Android?

Customizability WinMo vs Android

Windows Mobile ---> Android: Who has made the switch?

In the future, please take a moment to search the forums before you make a new thread. While your question was specific to a device and carrier, the real underlying question is whether other WinMo users will be switching to an Android device. And as you can see, the threads above are pretty extensive and I am confident that you will get a real good understanding of why many are switching. And why once we do switch to Android, we never look back
Old 04-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

acbyrd is a n00b

Rainfreak,

I'd like to start by saying thanks for your reply and the great links; however, this was originally posted in the TP2 Android Dev forum but was moved by Mr. X. This is not an android vs winmo, but rather a TP2 with the android port vs the new Incredible that is coming out. I was more curious to see if people were going to wait out the TP2 android port or if they were going to go with the instant gratification of the Incredible. Please understand the topic that you are posting in before you make snide remarks to people about searching the forums before posting. It does nothing to help the OP and is detrimental to the community.

That being said, Redd why keep both phones, are you going to just use the TP2 as a backup, (insert x reason here)? Let us know!

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion