PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 Other Manufacturers > Dell Venue Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 08:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

937dytboi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who's getting the Dell Venue Pro?

Im planning on switching from Sprint Sero to T-mobile no contract plan to get this Dell Venue Pro. IMO this is the best WP7 device out now. It fits my needs of a big screen and full qwerty keyboard. Hopefully thee shipments arent delayed till next year. If so this will give me time to see what else Sprint has to offer besides the 7 Pro. Ive grown weary of HTC products of yet.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: Who's getting the Dell Venue Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 937dytboi View Post
Im planning on switching from Sprint Sero to T-mobile no contract plan to get this Dell Venue Pro. IMO this is the best WP7 device out now. It fits my needs of a big screen and full qwerty keyboard. Hopefully thee shipments arent delayed till next year. If so this will give me time to see what else Sprint has to offer besides the 7 Pro. Ive grown weary of HTC products of yet.
I'd be weary of dell products at this point. first the wifi didn't work, now the new batch won't read sim cards.....
My htc's have always worked well.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:11 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
I'd be weary of dell products at this point. first the wifi didn't work, now the new batch won't read sim cards.....
My htc's have always worked well.
see, heres the forum. lol
funny we just talked about this.

op i really like this phone but havent seen any bad reports on it yet, here is a good review.
Dell Venue Pro (aka Lightning) first hands-on! -- Engadget
Old 11-30-2010, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

Don't get me wrong because I am a Dell Partner and a huge fan of the Venue Pro. I just want to make sure you have your facts. Dell replaced all of their employee's phones (brand left out intentionally) with Venues (25,000) and then took them back due to the problems including those mentioned, here, and including my phone. I can't wait to get it back because it may, potentially, be the single best device I've ever held in my hands. A solid business-like feel and even though the keyboard is a vertical slider, it's near the size of some of my early HTC keyboards. Here is a picture of the article you refer to and notice the date of the article. This date is actually pre-launch and none of the unfortunate hardware challenges were known, yet. Makes for good discussion, though, and all here are certainly more informed than the masses. When the Venue launches for good and I get mine back, I will definately be using it because the TP3 is not going to cut it for me.

matt

Last edited by livejazz; 11-30-2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: forgot to sign
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:31 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

thanx for "first hand" info. so did they pull the consumer version or do we get ota fixes?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

kindof depends on where and how you got yours. I got mine through my MS Partner Channel as an MS Mobile Solutions Partner and Dell Partner, so I was provided with an RMA. As far as I know, the only other way it could have been had was at one of the 8 MS stores and, if that's your case, I'm pretty sure you just take it back there or call MS or Dell support for the RMA. There are actually two highly published challenges (wifi and SIM) and either or both could be hardware related so only returns are being processed as far as I know because there has not been a definative statement of whether the challenges are hardware or driver related. So if you have one, I would definately call Dell and give them the opportunity to issue an RMA your way. Hope this helps!

matt
Old 11-30-2010, 08:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

here's a good recent article that's just a little more vague than my reply :

Where Is the Dell Venue Pro?

matt
Old 11-30-2010, 09:28 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

You would have to be crazy to buy one of these now... Isnt Dell shutting their mobile department down and calling this phone a failure?

Dell's Mobile Chief to Quit - WSJ.com

Dell Mobile Is Gone, a Victim of Incompetence | BNET

Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

According to my resources, Dell is not ditching this phone. They do have some serious enterprise level obligations to fulfill. Regardless, if the phone is ditched it will not be available to buy from T-Mobile, the selected carrier, and won't be an issue. If it is not ditched and T-Mobile does sell it, then T-Mobile will take responsibility for replacements if Dell shuts down its mobile division. Dell does, however, have alot on the line to simply walk away from the Venue project. The article in my last post seems pretty clear and it seems the two in yours may just be media hype and trying to stir up drama and cast doubt, possibly originating from a Dell, MS, or T-Mobile competitor which is very common in the industry.

matt
Old 11-30-2010, 11:00 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Even if they put it out... theyve already had SERIOUS defects with it and the company is closing the mobile department down... why would you buy it? That makes NO sense. Even if tmobile takes over the mobile department whos going to manufacture replacements after January? I cant see any logic in that one... at all.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 Other Manufacturers > Dell Venue Pro