PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2-21-11★SharkieROM v4.1.5★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

WWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!! That first one is BAD ASS!!!!!! Nice work! Great imagination!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-27-2011 at 03:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2--Thunderbolt
Carrier: The Big Red

mcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
WWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!! That first one is BAD ASS!!!!!! Nice work!
Thanks! I know you would like that one.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

joecaloric is a n00b

Hey. New user here. I'm really liking your ROM so far. I came from Mighty looking for something more updated and stable. The only thing on this ROM that is confusing me a bit is the haptic feedback. I've searched this thread but can't find an answer to these questions:

1. I'm getting vibrate on all of my hardware key presses. I love haptic feedback on the screeen, but don't need it with buttons. Is there a way to shut that off for the hardware keys?

2. Conversely there are a number of things that I keep expecting to give haptic feedback which don't, such as tapping the the launch browser icon or the bookmark icons, or the icons in the people tab. Is there any way to turn that on short of just turning on the overall screen feedback in settings. I tried that, but feedback any time I touch the screen kind of defeats the purpose of the feedback, which is to tell me that I've hit the button. Currently I have that restricted to virtual keyboard which is working well there.

One final thing not connected to the above: Back when I was running older ROMS the virtual keyboard button worked like a toggle--one press brought up the keyboard, another press made it go away. Since upgrading to 6.5.x (even on Mighty) that behavior doesn't work anymore. There seems to be no way to make the virtual keyboard go away. Any help on that?

Thanks for all your great work!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

What's up Joe, thanks for letting me know you tried me out! I really appreciate it.

Has far as haptic feedback, did you check in Settings/System/Touch Flo? Checking that and nothing else should allow for just the vibration when pressing icons or sense tabs etc... I'm in the middle of flashing and I can't remember exactly where the 2 or 3 different feedback options are. Once I'll flash, I'll review them and post back, but check the 1st thing I mentioned and see if that works. CHT also has some haptic feedback options, I believe, so check those too.

If you press the left side (maybe bottom left, I'm not sure) of the little SIP button, it will close. If you press the right side of the little SIP button it will open the menu. I guess as you said it's a new introduction in the newer builds. I agree that it's a pain in the ass. I much prefered the little arrow next to the button.

OK, so there's CHT Editor\Quicklinks\Vibrate on Press (by default in my ROM it's set to "ON")

there's Settings\System\TouchFLO (by default in my ROM it's checked\enabled)

there's Settings\System\Touch Response Settings. (by default in my ROM all these options are unchecked\disabled)

and there's Settings\Personal\Buttons\Vibrate (by default it's checked\enabled. Near as I can tell, this setting does nothing to my ROM. I've unchecked everything but this and get no feedback at all on any buttons.)

and there's Settings\Personal\Buttons\Virtual Buttons (by default it's checked\enabled. Near as I can tell, this setting does nothing to my ROM. I've unchecked everything but this and get no feedback at all on any buttons.)

All of those options are set to do what is you want by default. You must have changed them some where along the way. Putting them back to these specs should produce the results you'd like.

Oh and by the way, I can't get any hardware buttons to vibrate. I'm not sure how you managed that one...

You are right in that it's a bit confusing and ridiculous. I'd like to get rid of the 2 'Settings\Personal\Button' vibrate options since they don't work anyway and even if they did, it seems like they'd be doing exactly what the 'TouchFLO' setting does. I could get rid of 'TouchFLO' settings easily enough, but it's the one that works and it works slightly different than Touch Response which is why I also include Touch Response... if all of that makes any sense.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-27-2011 at 05:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

joecaloric is a n00b

Quote:
What's up Joe, thanks for letting me know you tried me out! I really appreciate it.

Has far as haptic feedback, did you check in Settings/System/Touch Flo? Checking that and nothing else should allow for just the vibration when pressing icons or sense tabs etc... I'm in the middle of flashing and I can't remember exactly where the 2 or 3 different feedback options are. Once I'll flash, I'll review them and post back, but check the 1st thing I mentioned and see if that works. CHT also has some haptic feedback options, I believe, so check those too.

If you press the left side (maybe bottom left, I'm not sure) of the little SIP button, it will close. If you press the right side of the little SIP button it will open the menu. I guess as you said it's a new introduction in the newer builds. I agree that it's a pain in the ass. I much prefered the little arrow next to the button.

OK, so there's CHT Editor\Quicklinks\Vibrate on Press (by default in my ROM it's set to "ON")

there's Settings\System\TouchFLO (by default in my ROM it's checked\enabled)

there's Settings\System\Touch Response Settings. (by default in my ROM all these options are unchecked\disabled)

and there's Settings\Personal\Buttons\Vibrate (by default it's checked\enabled. Near as I can tell, this setting does nothing to my ROM. I've unchecked everything but this and get no feedback at all on any buttons.)

and there's Settings\Personal\Buttons\Virtual Buttons (by default it's checked\enabled. Near as I can tell, this setting does nothing to my ROM. I've unchecked everything but this and get no feedback at all on any buttons.)

All of those options are set to do what is you want by default. You must have changed them some where along the way. Putting them back to these specs should produce the results you'd like.

Oh and by the way, I can't get any hardware buttons to vibrate. I'm not sure how you managed that one...

You are right in that it's a bit confusing and ridiculous. I'd like to get rid of the 2 'Settings\Personal\Button' vibrate options since they don't work anyway and even if they did, it seems like they'd be doing exactly what the 'TouchFLO' setting does. I could get rid of 'TouchFLO' settings easily enough, but it's the one that works and it works slightly different than Touch Response which is why I also include Touch Response... if all of that makes any sense.
Thanks for that very thorough reply. Wow. It looks like I've got some weird behavior going on.

I am getting vibrate for every single hardware button including ON/OFF and all the hardware keyboard buttons. Its very weird and I have no clue how to stop it.

As for the vibration settings, I have all of them that you listed set to on. I have Touch Response set to keyboard only to get vibration on the virtual keyboard. That part is working. I DO get vibration for:

Tapping on the Sense tabs
Tapping on the quicklaunch icons in CHT

However I do not get any vibration for:

Tapping the start key
Tapping anything on the Start menu
Tapping anything "inside" of a Sense tab (ie. launch browser, write text etc.)
Tapping on the status bar
tapping on the softkeys at the bottom
tapping anything in the CHT settings
Etc.

I could live fine without any of that stuff, although having some of it would be nice, but I REALLY need to get the vibration on the hardware keys shut off.

I tried turning off all of the above settings and the hardware keys are still causing vibration. I DID task29 before flashing, so that isn't it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Interesting, I didn't know it was possible to have haptic feedback on the softkey buttons and start menu links and the other things that you mentioned. Do you remember what ROM you were on that had this feature? Does anyone know if stock does?

As far as all your hardware keys vibrating, that's just weird and I honestly have no ideas. I know it sucks for some, but if it were me, I'd be redownloading and reflashing already. Every once in a while the data can just get corrupted along the way and manifest itself in weird ways like this. Who knows, it's worth a try...
Old 02-28-2011, 12:04 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

@ Everyone,

You know how everytime you sign into the MS Facebook app it post this "So and So just installed Facebook for Windows Phone" thing on your page. Well, I think I've found a solution in the linked thread. Next time you flash a ROM, try this cab or regedit out before you sign into MS Facebook and let me know if it works for you too. I've tried it 3 times and it seems to work. I've not gotten that automatic post since. Here's the post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2062346-post6.html

I'll be including this regedit in my ROMs, so this cab or manually entering the edit won't be necessary when flashing any future versions of my ROMs.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-28-2011 at 12:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:12 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
WWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!! That first one is BAD ASS!!!!!! Nice work! Great imagination!
thinking the same thing, i cant stop starring at it, lol. although i think it would look better w/ the banner as the original welcomehead. it gets kinda lost w/out the backround border

here you go mcluvn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg water_wave_surfing-800.jpg (219.1 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:14 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
@ Everyone,

You know how everytime you sign into the MS Facebook app it post this "So and So just installed Facebook for Windows Phone" thing on your page. Well, I think I've found a solution in the linked thread. Next time you flash a ROM, try this cab or regedit out before you sign into MS Facebook and let me know if it works for you too. I've tried it 3 times and it seems to work. I've not gotten that automatic post since. Here's the post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2062346-post6.html
when i used to use it this would be annoying expecially if you flash alot and therefor have to redo it and you get this everytime.

now lately i been using the xda facebook app. its getting there and it looks better
Old 02-28-2011, 12:16 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
thinking the same thing, i cant stop starring at it, lol. although i think it would look better w/ the banner as the original welcomehead. it gets kinda lost w/out the backround border

here you go mcluvn
I think it looks great with or without the border. I do think it would look a little better if the 'SharkieROM' text was made a little smaller so there was some sort of even margin on both sides. Not that I'm complaining, just talkin' Like I said, great imagination and artistry in that! Very impressive!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development