PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ProfitXtremist is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *** 5/19/10 Timberwolf Roms in 6 Colors + Matching Dialer

Peace TW! I dont know if this has been addressed and answered but can anyone tell me where to get the instant messenging app that was included in previous releases. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

jstine,

+1 on the xda_uc not working, but I'm not totally done with my research. I've tried the XDA_UC directory method and the sdconfig.txt method. Neither one loaded the cabs indicated.

Also, I'm having the issue with using q-menu to close file explorer. Whenever I've tried to close all running programs including file explorer it locks up the phone. Hit the reset button and all's well again.

Regarding other roms, I've only flashed BigNaDad's recently (three weeks ago) basically because it's a verizon only build and I was curious. Natually it wasn't his current build but battery life seemed a bit better, performance was about the same as your v7. I don't remember what MS build it was though (probably 23559). His rom did have the ability to import cookie settings files while your's gives multiple errors (acutally same error over and over).

This latest (v8.3 all carrier) really is fast. My unofficial speed measuring metric is the speed at which the time zone list will scroll when I add cities to the weather database. The zones were flying yesterday! Can't judge battery yet (and by the sound of it, I probably won't have a good test because there will be a new rom to test, LOL.

Oh, and don't burn yourself out making these better. I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd rather see you making roms and themes for a long time than just getting a couple more updates!!! Take your time and relax a bit. Trust me, with this quality there will always be followers.

Edit: Maybe a suggestion for the green theme. The taskbar clock is hard to read because of the white on light green. Maybe a darker green (but it's a good match for the other green highlights). Regarding other graphics, you're way ahead of my imagination.

Last edited by suntopper; 05-23-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks Suntopper, great feedback as always.

I don't get the issue with file explorer and Q-Menu causing the phone to freeze. I did have 1 time only I selected close all programs with explorer being one of them that the phone froze. I have tried since then to repeat the process, the phone does not freeze for me.. Maybe it's something with VZW TP2, can anyone else with a different carrier phone comment if they can get the phone to freeze while closing. CAN NOT FINISH STATMENT HAVE TO RUN.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 05-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
His rom did have the ability to import cookie settings files while your's gives multiple errors (acutally same error over and over).
hey i just reinstalled cookie's home tab editor then it worked fine for me!
its really though to use this without XDA_UC though, so hopefully that will all get figured out!

EDIT: if you simply cooked in the HTC black i would be fine with it theme-wise lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 05-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post

Check post #230 on this thread.

follow the instructions

Timberwolf you spoil us
i see that this is a zip file... what do I do with it? I'm a bit of a noob
Old 05-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Talking Re: *** 5/19/10 Timberwolf Roms in 6 Colors + Matching Dialer

+1 for GTX and Naked women...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
Note to All: On the past 4 posting, I will address those issues in the next release. I am back working on the all carrier rom. Now updated to 23569 and working well. All of your statments above have been noted and will addressed in the next release. I was spending too much time with the Sprint Only rom and not paying attention to the all carrier. Yes, the text is to small and some other that I will change.
I don't have my reading glasses on and cann't see wan what I am tryping. So just read between the line and what I wanted to say.

Once again, what graphics changes would you like to see. Something like the GTX (white), black and chrome. Color taskbars to match the color themes. Naked women, or men depending on your gender (or life style). LOL

Attached is a program that is said to change the font sizes withing. Use at your own risk, for I have only beta tested and need more time to get it to work right. You can always removed if it doesn't work for you.

Cheers time to leave.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
i see that this is a zip file... what do I do with it? I'm a bit of a noob
Unzip or unrar and copy to your windows directory with Total Commander. Overwrite any file waring you will get, soft reset and then you are good to go.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: boost

1dutch1life is just getting started

yo timby are we getting v9 today?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dutch1life View Post
yo timby are we getting v9 today?
No, it's will days or a week or so. I want the next rom to be prefect! If that's possible. I am correcting several things that are wrong. Like the font size in the start menu. And why there is an error when you try to import setting in CHT. If you keep hitting ok, the files will finally load. But why the error I don't know. The error message says that NetCF error need to be installed. It's already in the rom, so I need to speak with Santo and see why this error occur's. Been a long day in the ER where I work so I'm running out of steam. Good night all!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

One last question before I hit the bed. How's the new dialer working for everyone? Any changes I need to make. Other than making the dialer pad bigger.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development