PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 02:43 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 01/27/10 SPRINT NEODIUM_V2 (SYS 21889 Sense UI 25)

Hmmm,I gues we have to use long press end key or comm manager then

Last edited by vin255764; 01-29-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
oh i found the culprit to answering phone problems.
it's the cab that darren posted for disabling data after 60 secs. it seems to cause problems with answering the calls. call answering delay or not answering at all. i've test by calling myself multiple times with the cab install and with the cab uninstalled...
HOLY CRAP...i had the same issue!! glad to know i can ditch that cab now forever lol..it wasnt helping my battery life anywhoo
Old 01-29-2010, 03:43 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
oh i found the culprit to answering phone problems.
it's the cab that darren posted for disabling data after 60 secs. it seems to cause problems with answering the calls. call answering delay or not answering at all. i've test by calling myself multiple times with the cab install and with the cab uninstalled...
ive been using that cab a long time bro, no such issues, thats why i posted it, all the crap i post i use or have used, hdtweak also causes issues. maybe im lucky i guess, i have 2 tp2's and both use the cab and one tp2 has this rom on it.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:01 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ive been using that cab a long time bro, no such issues, thats why i posted it, all the crap i post i use or have used, hdtweak also causes issues. maybe im lucky i guess, i have 2 tp2's and both use the cab and one tp2 has this rom on it.
i tested the phone only with this cab and it's the problem. without the cab, no problem @ all. the reason due to this is because the data connection and the phone connection get's screwy when the reg kicks in to turn off the data. if the data is on, the phone answers normally, but if the data is off, the phone would act weird or theirs a delay when you try to answer the phone call.

i'm sure someone else can confirm my finding..

also the cab doesn't help with battery @ all. even if the data is connected, and it's idle, it's using little to no battery as compared to it off. the only part that sucks battery is when your actually sending and receiving data on your connection

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 01-29-2010, 04:06 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: 01/27/10 SPRINT NEODIUM_V2 (SYS 21889 Sense UI 2.5)

like i said, guess im lucky. i can name 60 others that are lucky also.
data(phone call) will connect if call comes through on my end with the cab, done with call and cab kicks in after 1min. eitherway, lucky is good.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Zayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: 01/27/10 SPRINT NEODIUM_V2 (SYS 21889 Sense UI 2.5)

this is the only one that worked for me to make my start menu 4 icons per row . this cab originally was for tp but i modified it a little ... and now it works on tp2
Attached Files
File Type: cab 4perrow.cab (8.3 KB, 170 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

Quote:
i tested the phone only with this cab and it's the problem. without the cab, no problem @ all. the reason due to this is because the data connection and the phone connection get's screwy when the reg kicks in to turn off the data. if the data is on, the phone answers normally, but if the data is off, the phone would act weird or theirs a delay when you try to answer the phone call.

i'm sure someone else can confirm my finding..
Then thats a separate issue. And I dont think we're one of the "lucky" ones like Darren said, it just seems you have been "unlucky". I can CONFIRM that the zoom application we spoke on earlier is the culprit. You might be dealing with another issue. I am using the data disable cab and the device is working fine as far as call answering. It only messed up after the zoom bar app.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 800w

zimmy6996 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutzy19 View Post
ok... SMS from my contacts is totally borked. It goes to give me the screen to type a message but gets locked on my contacts (almost like I can scroll through them) and the bottom bar has the "send" "menu" but NOWHERE to type.
Okay, I see what you are referring to with this statement. You are saying you are having problems trying to send SMS from within the SENSE CONTACTS manager.

VIN (or anyone really) - Are you able to comment if this is broken in a stock V1/V2 install? I really can't say if it was the MMS patch that broke that feature. I doubt that it is, but I figured i'd ask before re-flashing my phone just to check.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post
Guys i was able to send and receive but now i cant lol , idk whats going on ?

JR5416 - Can you be more specific? Are you talking about the same issue as the last guy where you are having troubles with the HTC SMS application? If so, did you install the CAB patch for MMS or is this just a stock V1/V2 install?
Old 01-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
It is "broken".
They are talking about sending sms from "people"(manila contacts call history)
It has to be sent from outlook contacts.
Its part of the 2.5 client.All they see is a black screen.I know about it.
Im thinking to cook 1 with 2.5 messaging client without arcsoft like most of the custom ROMs
Ahh Vin, you're already on it! That's good. So can you tell me, is this a result of the CAB i provided, or is it broken all the time in your ROMs?

Honestly, my preference would be to see the HTC SMS just go away! I would rather is use Outlook anyway. Less bugs!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development