PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 01:26 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3 (23518)|WM6.5 (21889) [Feb 3rd]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
did you install a audiopara or what ever its called?
lol, thats what i was after, didnt wanna ask cause i wanted him to post what he loaded without getting tipped off, im like a spy. lol

btw, check your pm
Old 02-08-2010, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

The420Dank is keeping up the good workThe420Dank is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The ringer has had issues for me for every single 6.5 & 6.5.3 from many different cooks. The ringer performs the exact same way.

Darren it works at first, but half way throughout your day, with a freshly flashed ROM no apps, the ringer will silence and there's no way to get it back on without soft-resetting. I've been looking for a fix for a long time and it seems to happen on every single ROM I use. Been doing this for years btw. I havn't actually found a ROM that does have the ringer fixed.

Guys any info that can be provided will help ANYONE who searches for this issue including myself. So please don't fight and just put your thoughts together in helping finding a solution if that's what you would like to do.

Thanks for starting this issue and I appreciate any help in advance.

Dank
Old 02-08-2010, 09:39 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

as for 6.53, i ran mals first one and didnt have the issue and mighty 6.53(love) for atleast 3weeks and also never had the issue, not sure why your having the issue but im still not having the issue on mals 6.53 and its been on one of my tp2's for almost 7hrs, ill leave it on all day but it not sure whats gonna happen that hasnt yet but ill leave it on. as far as helping, thats why i asked the new guy to post whats loaded on phone, funny he wont though, lots of these issues are 100% user error and thats why i (we) wanna see whats loaded. its a process of trial and error but some people dont wanna post whats loaded so there tough to help.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 02-08-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by The420Dank View Post
The ringer has had issues for me for every single 6.5 & 6.5.3 from many different cooks. The ringer performs the exact same way.

Darren it works at first, but half way throughout your day, with a freshly flashed ROM no apps, the ringer will silence and there's no way to get it back on without soft-resetting. I've been looking for a fix for a long time and it seems to happen on every single ROM I use. Been doing this for years btw. I havn't actually found a ROM that does have the ringer fixed.

Guys any info that can be provided will help ANYONE who searches for this issue including myself. So please don't fight and just put your thoughts together in helping finding a solution if that's what you would like to do.

Dank
I'm running MAL's 1B6 with 6.5.3 and Manilla 2.1. My ringer works fine. I used 1B3-5 as well with no ringer issues. I haven't provisioned for Sprint either. Wonder if you've got a HW issue or SW conflict???
Old 02-08-2010, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by The420Dank View Post

Dank
If you read back numerous pages, there was an issue with the ring and vibe stopping after a SR but that was fixed w/ a CAB that Mal or someone posted. I'm back running Mal's 6.5.3 2.1 and don't have any sort of ringer issues at all. I'm not sure if it will fix the issue or not, but it's a start. Lemme know if you can't find the posts I'm referencing or the cab and I'll get it to you, I'm just at work right now.

Last edited by Mr. X; 02-08-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Firstly, dkaka2k, the attitude in which you ask for help is less then pleasant and disrespectful to our users, THis is in breach of rule #2, any more and i will be forced to go into action and punish your actions according to the forum rules.

Thread now open again, lets try nto to have this thread mopped up again. Keep it clean guys.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 02-08-2010 at 01:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbskiracer View Post
I ran into problems AFTER I ran the verizon provisioning cab and the ring and vibrate fix cab.

After I ran those (for the second time) I couldn't send texts or receive incoming calls. I think I'm going to downgrade for a while until this version is a bit more stable.

Although I would love for someone to answer the question of why my custom ringotnes work for the phone ringer only and not the alerts for texts/MMS/email
Did the info I sent you work out?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:31 PM
acs tester

im still not having issues with ringer not working, to mr.x, if i was wrong im sorry, i really did wanna help the guy. if it was my coment about the bold caps print that made him mad it was a suggestion that we would help w/o the print and still ment to help.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
im still not having issues with ringer not working, to mr.x, if i was wrong im sorry, i really did wanna help the guy. if it was my coment about the bold caps print that made him mad it was a suggestion that we would help w/o the print and still ment to help.
No worries, lets just move on

Last edited by Mr. X; 02-08-2010 at 04:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:46 PM
acs tester

yes sir.
can someone with a not ringing issue post what apps are loaded?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development