PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Lurker

elmorulezx58 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbie in need of help.

I just recently got my Sprint Htc Touch pro and did the hard restart and everything.Does anyone have any tips on adding themes and "ROMS" because im very new to using Smart Phones and would be open to all suggestions or advice anyone has.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

bradisawesome is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bradisawesome
Re: Newbie in need of help.

i use http://pocketpcthemes.com/ for themes and freeware ppc for apps
Old 04-27-2009, 08:49 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

i made this response to someone else's inquiry about ROMs... maybe it'll help you:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...89&postcount=6
Old 04-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

welcome to the battlefield soldier! i would start here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730. you can also click the touch pro picture on top of the site and it takes you to the touch pro forum. there's an upgrades section there(click cdma).
Old 04-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Check out the TP forum for everything, and read the "stickied" material, they are very helpful to new comers. also please post an intro thread so that you may be welcomed officially to the site.

TP forum, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Old 04-27-2009, 09:03 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

just a welcome from me.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6850
Carrier: Verizon

tbone2000 is just getting started

First you need to unlock your phone. Use this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

Next install your new ROM. It's really as easy as that. I am a Newbie as well but have burned about 10 or so ROM experimenting. The ROM has to be for CDMA and ideally you should go with one specifically for Sprint. I believe that Juicy's ROM would be a good place to start.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002

I've been trying pretty much only WinMo 6.5 and it's been very reliable. The easiest is to download a functioning ROM rather than a Kitchen. The Kitchen allows you to build your own ROM but I didn't really find it necessary. When you download the ROM you will first need to connect with ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center and then run the ROM file. I can't recall the exact file name but I believe it is the only exe file. It will ask some questions to be sure you go through the correct steps and then it does everything for you and reboots the phone and then you are good to go with the new ROM.

There are lots of tutorials out there so if you are unsure then just poke around a bit. I was very nervous when I was ready to burn the first ROM but it was really as easy as can be. Granted, I did not have problems and some people do so perhaps I was lucky but was very glad I learned how to do it.

Good Luck
Old 04-27-2009, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, epic touch 4g & evo 3d
Carrier: Sprint

nathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuff

wel-come to the real pocket pc world

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development