PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Lurker

Jhernandez860 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing Hard SPL on Mac

Question and problem... Right now I only have a macbook and mac pro as computers. When i am just loading cabs, and transferring files i use Parallels to to run windows XP and its no problem. But whenever I try to load Hard SPL it tells me it doesnt see the phone and there is no connection. I have tried this with Parellels, VMWare, and bootcamp... Any suggestions? I have activesync and all of the needed net framworks installed

Old 11-18-2008, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Flashing Hard SPL on Mac

I would avoid doing it in a virtual machine. It should work fine from bootcamp though. Are you sure you have an Activesync connection going when you try to flash the SPL?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael

allanak is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to allanak Send a message via AIM to allanak Send a message via MSN to allanak Send a message via Yahoo to allanak

I've had issues flashing using Parallels VMs as well - not sure if VMWare has the same problem or not. It is strange because I have no problem establishing activesync connection or moving files back and forth - only when flashing.

SERO 1250 + unlimited text, TEP and free Airave <$55/mo
Old 11-18-2008, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

During the update the phone reboots into the bootloader. After this happens, I don't think the USB device is properly re-assigned to the VM. If you have Bootcamp (or access to another Windows machine), using it will avoid a lot of headaches.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bedub is just getting started

I have a MBP running VMware Fusion 2.0. I had problems flashing hard SPL initially, but after a hard reset the manual method worked like a charm... I just transfer the ROM over to the root directory of the SD card and rename it RAPHIMG.nbh (through any file utility on the device).

You really don't even need to use Windows, just use the Touch Pro as a direct disk drive when you connect and the SD should mount under OS X.

Oh, and I use Missing Sync for all of my syncing needs.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jhernandez860 is a n00b

Im not even able to flash the Hard SPL on it yet though, in Fusion it goes as far as putting my phone in bootloader and then just stops and says there is no connection
Old 11-19-2008, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ezrem is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
During the update the phone reboots into the bootloader. After this happens, I don't think the USB device is properly re-assigned to the VM. If you have Bootcamp (or access to another Windows machine), using it will avoid a lot of headaches.
This is correct. The old VMWare Fusion 1.0 had a setting that would capture any USB device that appeared on the system as long as the VM was the active window on your computer. Using this, I've been able to successfully do firmware upgrades on my Mogul. I haven't tried anything with my Touch Pro yet.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The newer VMWare has the same option but it still doesn't work. I use my PC for upgrades, don't bother with the SD card method but I know it works. If you use the Disk Drive method of connecting it copies the ROM over super-fast
Old 11-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jhernandez860 is a n00b

oh well, thanks anyways, guess im just stuck with a stock rom... I have no access to a PC
Old 11-19-2008, 09:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

lvdata is just getting started

Hey, don't give up so quick, I have successfully unlocked and flashed my TP under XP Pro Host, running VMware 6.0, with a XP Guest with the guest doing the flashing. On mine to unlock I had to run the unlocker, wait for the tri colored screen, then the unlocker would time out while the phone was updating.

The process was:
1. Start unlocker, and get part way though.
2. Rebooted into tri-color mode
3. Re-auto plug and play detected on host
4. time out and fail
5. Unattached from host, and connected to guest VM
6. Re-run the unlocker and kinda ignore the prompts to get back to the same point that it timed out, and then successfully updated my TP.

Flashing was similar process. What mode is your USB connection using in the VM? USB 1.1 or 2.0? Mine is set to use 2.0 Also during the re-plug and play reattachment I seem to remember it showing up as DIFFRENT devices depending on mode the phone is in, so VM may NOT be auto-magiclly reattacheing it up to the VM.

Also you might try the local libary or university's public computers to use to do the initial unlock, then afterward you can use the memory card method of flashing the OS to try all the diffrent firmwares.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development