PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 02:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jsgeezie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

Im new here.. i just got a touch pro and am trying to flash a rom or whatever and ive downloaded a ROM and it comes up as a .nbh file and it won't unload ... i downloaded the RUU file and tried to move it to that folder but something goes wrong... everytime i double click the Rom it says i need something to open it up with... it seems like no one else is having this problem...

I even unlocked my phone already and tried to do it with the memory card it's a 1 gb card and i changed the name of the file and it doesn't read it on their either... the only thing that shows up is that it's security unlocked and a lot of other things that dont have anytihng to do with the Rom.. please help me this is crazy...
Old 12-07-2008, 03:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgeezie View Post
Im new here.. i just got a touch pro and am trying to flash a rom or whatever and ive downloaded a ROM and it comes up as a .nbh file and it won't unload ... i downloaded the RUU file and tried to move it to that folder but something goes wrong... everytime i double click the Rom it says i need something to open it up with... it seems like no one else is having this problem...

I even unlocked my phone already and tried to do it with the memory card it's a 1 gb card and i changed the name of the file and it doesn't read it on their either... the only thing that shows up is that it's security unlocked and a lot of other things that dont have anytihng to do with the Rom.. please help me this is crazy...
Attached is the update utility
download it
extract the folder.
put the ruu file inside the folder.
run the update utility

Please read the first post for any further questions
Attached Files
File Type: zip Update Util.zip (673.2 KB, 226 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

jsgeezie is a n00b

appreciate the help fam... I tried all of that and it's like my computer doesn't recognize .nbh files and i tried to place it in that folder a RUU.zip folder andall that my computer doesn't recognize the .nbh file.. is there any kind of program that can recognize that.. i just studied that first post like a final exam lol.. and nothing is helping me..
Old 12-07-2008, 07:30 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgeezie View Post
appreciate the help fam... I tried all of that and it's like my computer doesn't recognize .nbh files and i tried to place it in that folder a RUU.zip folder andall that my computer doesn't recognize the .nbh file.. is there any kind of program that can recognize that.. i just studied that first post like a final exam lol.. and nothing is helping me..
Use the SD card make sure it is formatted to FAT32....rename the nbh file to RAPHIMG.nbh and enter bootloader and it should flash fine...
Old 12-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo

egoldy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularegoldy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularegoldy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularegoldy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularegoldy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Geezie -- read this thing I wrote start to finish:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=559036

I tried to capture all the info from the various posts -- at least for how to flash a ROM on a Sprint PCS CDMA HTC Touch Pro....

WIthin that write-up, you'll see this link:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266

That's where the RUU.zip file is that you need.. Unzip that, put that NBH file into the directory and run the ROM upgrade utility (after putting the phone in bootloader mode).

Good luck.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

carmelotan is a n00b

Ok, dumb question, I've gone through all the steps to get this going and i've gotten all the way to unlocking my handset it, I do a soft reset and it brings up the "bootloader screen" in the red area it says " RAPH800 SPL-0.37.CMONEX MicroP-Hermann (LED) v)0C85, in the blue area it says "MicroP-Hermann (KEY) v0685 PSOC-RAPH STAGE-EVT v20" in the blue area nothing, in the white area "USB", I downloaded a eRice's rom and could not find the ".nbh" file to copy into the RUU folder on my desktop, am I doing something wrong here? - PLEASE HELP!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:21 PM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Converted to Evo-ism
Carrier: Left VZW Moved to Sprint

ALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Has anyone actually flashed a Touch Pro with these roms? I have done all steps correctly and get nothing but errors. Active synce basically will drop its connection while going through the steps and the micro sd card method doesn't work either. I using the TP RUU and Yay 4's rom.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus
Carrier: Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff

Will this RUU file work for Telus CDMA Touch Pro in the first post?
Old 12-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Lurker

egoldy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularegoldy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularegoldy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularegoldy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularegoldy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I know nothing about the Telus, but will confirm that I flashed Kaos' ROM and did notice a difference..
Old 12-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Lurker

and in response to finding a good ROM for the CDMA sprint phone, use KAOS' ROm:

http://www.smartphonejunkie.com/showthread.php?t=177562

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development