PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 10:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

neopeek is keeping up the good workneopeek is keeping up the good workneopeek is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Android Froyo][CyanogenMod6-Ports by Neopeek]

So here we go now for CM6-Ports:

The following CM6-Ports are available now:

Link: Froyredux-Port Latest Release 22-07-2010 (Base: RC1 -> will be updated soon)
Link: Froyorider-Port Latest Release 26-07-2010 (Brand-New RC2 -> you should go with this until the other builds are updated to RC2)
Link: Chromatic-Port (Base: RC1 -> will be updated soon)
Link: Official-CM6-Port Latest Release 27-07-2010 (Base: RC2 -> Download Link available on Tue, 20:00[GMT+1])
Link: SuperF-Port Latest Release 27-07-2010 (Base: AOSP with a lil' mix of CM6 -> runs like hell)

As I didn't get much feedback on the several builds I will just wait some days to see what's going on now.

In the meantime I also re-ported Myn's Warm Donut with wifi + 3D-support (thanx to siulmagic aka theunholy).
It's available for download on my site. This one has the famous Theme by BUUF integrated. Here are some screenshots:

Now back to CM6. Here are the screenshots of CM6-RC2 (Froyorider-Port):

Quick-Installation-Guide:
Keep in mind! All you do by now you do it on your own risk!!!

EXT2-Partition-Creation:
Here are two videos which show you how to partition your internal memory or sdcard. You will need an EXT2-Partition to get Android booting up.
Video1
Video2

Extraction of Downloads:
1. Here is an old tutorial on how to extract the Gzipped TAR-Archive to your EXT2-Partition (don't forget to unmount correctly or Android won't boot up). You may read several articles / discussions on Neopeek-Network for detailed installation instructions.
2. Unzp latest HARET-PAKET to the root of your FAT32-Partition and pick the right startup.txt and also move it to the root of your FAT32-Partition.
3. Now run Haret.Exe from your File-Explorer

Remember: This originally is still Release Candidate 2 by CYANOGEN. I will update it as soon as new versions are released by the according developers. So expect a heavy release marathon in the next days / weeks with even better builds and stay tuned.

First boot takes quite a long time as PackageManager changes apk's and collects certs. Don't touch your device for minimum 3minutes after bootanimation has gone and you see the setup screen. Just go and have a cup of coffee and let your device do the magic. Second boot-up will be much faster. If you experience a force close during first boot-up on setup-wizard only hit WAIT and don't retouch the device. After you have successfully booted up -> just open up some apps, close 'em again and then reboot your device to get the best performance.

Hints:
BE CAREFUL when trying to activate JIT via Settings->Cyanogen. Your device may get extremely slow for 5mins when activating JIT. So be warned!
Compcache is disabled by default. For enabling compcache open up the terminal and type:
PHP Code:
su
compcache start 
You will have to enable Compcache manually each time you reboot.

What works:

WIFI
DATA
BLUETOOTH
3D
PHONE

Known Bugs:
Setup-wizard runs twice and crashes on second run.

I am searching for contributors. Wanna join me? Any help is appreciated. Just visit www.neopeek.com and let me know...

Thanks go to:

Balsat, XDANDROID-TEAM, Cyanogen, dragonsisqo, siulmagic and everybody else whom I forgot.

Last edited by neopeek; 07-27-2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Corrected typo
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [Android Froyo][CyanogenMod6-Ports by Neopeek]

Always good to see your posts neo.

How's flashing to NAND goin tho? Progress on your website seems to have stagnated...
Old 07-27-2010, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

rkmoray is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rkmoray Send a message via MSN to rkmoray

Which HTC models does this ROM run on?
Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmoray View Post
Which HTC models does this ROM run on?
He's posting in the TouchPro section, so at the very least that device...

But I think any of the XDAndroid supported devices run this 'ROM'. The zImage (kernel) has been pretty unified for a little while now on *most* HTC devices... (RHOD, RAPH, DIAM, TOPAZ, etc...)
Old 07-27-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

rkmoray is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rkmoray Send a message via MSN to rkmoray

I have been running XDANdroid for the last couple of weeks, I guess it is time to try a new rom
Old 07-27-2010, 03:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: T-Mobile Germany
Threadstarter

neopeek is keeping up the good workneopeek is keeping up the good workneopeek is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Always good to see your posts neo.

How's flashing to NAND goin tho? Progress on your website seems to have stagnated...
Yes I played around a whole bunch of hours getting it to work. In the end i generated a lot of NBH's which I generated using tinboot. Problem still for me is the touchpanel! Android boots after NAND-Flashing my own created NBH but the touchpanel-screen stays black and therefore it's useless. I already contacted Martin aka DZO to ask for some additional help cause he is the developer of Vogue NAND-Flashing-Method but I still couldn't get it to work. I think someone has to disassemble the WinCE driver and start from scratch to get it working. Perhaps someone reading this is interested and will do the job! Now back to topic...

Last edited by neopeek; 07-27-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopeek View Post
Yes I played around a whole bunch of hours getting it to work. In the end i generated a lot of NBH's which I generated using tinboot. Problem still for me is the touchpanel! Android boots after NAND-Flashing my own created NBH but the touchpanel-screen stays black and therefore it's useless. I already contacted Martin aka DZO to ask for some additional help cause he is the developer of Vogue NAND-Flashing-Method but I still couldn't get it to work. I think someone has to disassemble the WinCE driver and start from scratch to get it working. Perhaps someone reading this is interested and will do the job! Now back to topic...
Thanks for the info, sorry for the off-topic
Old 09-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OP what ROM do you recommend flashing? Any minimal ROM out there?
Old 09-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
OP what ROM do you recommend flashing? Any minimal ROM out there?
If you read his posts, there isn't an Android ROM ready for your device... This is just like any of the other builds, it depends on your SD card - but it also requires an ext2 partition on your SD, so it's a little trickier...
Old 09-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
If you read his posts, there isn't an Android ROM ready for your device... This is just like any of the other builds, it depends on your SD card - but it also requires an ext2 partition on your SD, so it's a little trickier...
Yeah, I was asking a minimal (smaller) WM ROM to flash on device. I already have done the ext2 partitioning on SDCard before (using Paragon)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development