PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 10:41 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 11 2

Can someone do me a favor?
Go thank post 1 if you have not already.
I have this thing about the number 66.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Xian is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Xian
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 11 2

done!

Gonna try the Slim ROM now
Old 03-14-2010, 11:20 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian View Post
done!

Gonna try the Slim ROM now
Much thanks friend.

If I get time this week I will be testing 23547 and if all goes well I will try to update everything again. May take longer than a day. LOL
Will try to test everything before I upload it.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:48 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Much thanks friend.

If I get time this week I will be testing 23547 and if all goes well I will try to update everything again. May take longer than a day. LOL
Will try to test everything before I upload it.
I'll gladly offer my services to help you test, but it takes me about 1-1.5hrs to download a ROM these days (crappy sat connection). On the flip side, I know what I use and I can reload my personal settings/programs in about 15mins

Last edited by Xian; 03-14-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:02 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Have taken down 3 11 build of SilverRoot.
314 coming up tonight.
Link will be avail again once NEW rom is up.
Gsen is fixed. Calibration app is in Tools folder.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:06 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
I'll gladly offer my services to help you test, but it takes me about 1-1.5hrs to download a ROM these days (crappy sat connection). On the flip side, I know what I use and I can reload my personal settings/programs in about 15mins
Download as many of my roms as you want and leave feedback so I will know of any issues you may have.
I try to fix everything that is reported.
Somethings minor that I have yet to address but my main concern is that everything works.
Then I will go back and look at the small quirks that are reported in some menus and softkey icons.
The menu issue that is on a few menus can be worked around by using the softkey bar menus.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:25 AM
N00b

I'm new to the RootROM's (was using NRGz28 prior), but a couple suggestions off the top of my head...(my apologize if they've already been addressed). Also, I'm not a chef so I'm not 100% sure what the options are, or if there is an in-between vs. what we have now. Maybe its just ignorance on my part.

Anyway:

VolumeX, S2U2, Device Lock, etc - have those run as separate cab installs instead of cooked in. I love S2U2, but it does eat a bit of RAM and the Device Lock does basically the same thing. Either/Or, but not both. I think I'd like the option to remove it rather than having to disable it. VolumeX when it was cooked in kept asking me to reapply the settings after a soft boot. I need to spend more time w/ VolumeX to get a feel if its useful for me.

Left Soft-Key display in the Start Menu: Shows the windows key or "OK" instead of "Lock" and "Back".

What about RAM usage? Maybe cuz I'm used to different ROMs, but right now it seems like I'm really low on the slimROM, I'm down to 50meg free with just normal (Asynchkill, MS Voice Command, etc) type processes running in the background. (Opera, Myspace, Facebook, etc type programs are closed completely and not showing in TaskManager).

Any ideas? Any config issues on my side of things?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:41 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
I'm new to the RootROM's (was using NRGz28 prior), but a couple suggestions off the top of my head...(my apologize if they've already been addressed). Also, I'm not a chef so I'm not 100% sure what the options are, or if there is an in-between vs. what we have now. Maybe its just ignorance on my part.

Anyway:

VolumeX, S2U2, Device Lock, etc - have those run as separate cab installs instead of cooked in. I love S2U2, but it does eat a bit of RAM and the Device Lock does basically the same thing. Either/Or, but not both. I think I'd like the option to remove it rather than having to disable it. VolumeX when it was cooked in kept asking me to reapply the settings after a soft boot. I need to spend more time w/ VolumeX to get a feel if its useful for me.

Left Soft-Key display in the Start Menu: Shows the windows key or "OK" instead of "Lock" and "Back".

What about RAM usage? Maybe cuz I'm used to different ROMs, but right now it seems like I'm really low on the slimROM, I'm down to 50meg free with just normal (Asynchkill, MS Voice Command, etc) type processes running in the background. (Opera, Myspace, Facebook, etc type programs are closed completely and not showing in TaskManager).

Any ideas? Any config issues on my side of things?
I do not cook in VolumeX and have not for a long time.
S2U2 is something I use and it is customized to my roms so I cook it it.
I thought I removed device lock already... Will check.

Left softkey icon is one of those minor issues I was speaking of.
I think it is part of the taskbar used and I will have to edit the dll.

You say you run at 50% but is the rom running slow or sluggish?
Mine always gets much more free ram.
Do you install a lot to the device?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Sprint version)
Carrier: Vzw

botnryan is keeping up the good workbotnryan is keeping up the good work

If its feeling sluggish get the ole pagepool changer out and change it to 0. on these new roms its at 6 and it was sluggish for me too. 50megs free isnt a problem to me. i can open up facebook, opera, whatever with 50 megs left and still not feel any lag really. Also device lock isnt on the newest XXXRoot. Just S2U2.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:58 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by botnryan View Post
If its feeling sluggish get the ole pagepool changer out and change it to 0. on these new roms its at 6 and it was sluggish for me too. 50megs free isnt a problem to me. i can open up facebook, opera, whatever with 50 megs left and still not feel any lag really. Also device lock isnt on the newest XXXRoot. Just S2U2.
Thanks friend.
Hmmmm... Not sure why page pool did not stick at 0.
Will watch closer and double check page pool before I upload updates.
New Silver uploading is indeed at 0.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium