View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Xian
N00b

Xian is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Xian
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 11 2

I'm new to the RootROM's (was using NRGz28 prior), but a couple suggestions off the top of my head...(my apologize if they've already been addressed). Also, I'm not a chef so I'm not 100% sure what the options are, or if there is an in-between vs. what we have now. Maybe its just ignorance on my part.

Anyway:

VolumeX, S2U2, Device Lock, etc - have those run as separate cab installs instead of cooked in. I love S2U2, but it does eat a bit of RAM and the Device Lock does basically the same thing. Either/Or, but not both. I think I'd like the option to remove it rather than having to disable it. VolumeX when it was cooked in kept asking me to reapply the settings after a soft boot. I need to spend more time w/ VolumeX to get a feel if its useful for me.

Left Soft-Key display in the Start Menu: Shows the windows key or "OK" instead of "Lock" and "Back".

What about RAM usage? Maybe cuz I'm used to different ROMs, but right now it seems like I'm really low on the slimROM, I'm down to 50meg free with just normal (Asynchkill, MS Voice Command, etc) type processes running in the background. (Opera, Myspace, Facebook, etc type programs are closed completely and not showing in TaskManager).

Any ideas? Any config issues on my side of things?