PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 02:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [pre-kitchen] 12/28/09-0.1b | fresh pre-kitchen | fixed 'unable to open debug' er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
this is what happens after i tried again after placing 3 files into root of sd card

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Personal\HTC Hero\fresh-pre-kitchen-0.1>
C:\Personal\HTC Hero\fresh-pre-kitchen-0.1>.\adb\adb-windows shell
$ /data/local/asroot2 /system/bin/sh
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
/data/local/asroot2 /system/bin/sh
/data/local/asroot2: permission denied
$ mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
mount: Operation not permitted
$ cat /system/bin/sh > /system/bin/su
cat /system/bin/sh > /system/bin/su
cannot create /system/bin/su: read-only file system
$ chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
$ flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-heroc-v1.2.3.img
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-heroc-v1.2.3.img
error writing recovery: Permission denied
$ reboot recovery
reboot recovery

and now on the screen of my hero is has a phone lying down with and exclamation sign to the left of it?????
It booted your phone in to recovery but because the recovery image didn't flash it's just sitting at that screen. Pull the battery from your phone and then turn it back on and it will be fine, no worries.

As for the commands you copy and pasted... the reason it didn't work is because the 1st half of the commands didn't work properly so the "root" utility didn't have the ability to do what it's supposed to do. That's why you see "permission denied" and "Operation not permitted". Can you copy and paste the following file here:

c:\folder-with-kitchen\adb\root-debug.txt
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BruceBanner is becoming a great contributor
Re: [pre-kitchen] 12/28/09-0.1b | fresh pre-kitchen | fixed 'unable to open debug' er

heres what it says in that file

776 KB/s (74512 bytes in 0.093s)
Old 12-29-2009, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
heres what it says in that file

776 KB/s (74512 bytes in 0.093s)
Oh so yea it didn't finish pushing the files. It's probably failing for the same reason that the themes were failing on some people's computers. I can fix it. Are you on gtalk? PM me your email if you are and I can send you a test version to try with.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle

for some reason its not letting me uninstall.
on my windows 7 system the dos propt never even comes up. on my windows XP box it comes up by give me errors.
remount not permitted.
rm failed. ..... read only.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlle View Post
for some reason its not letting me uninstall.
on my windows 7 system the dos propt never even comes up. on my windows XP box it comes up by give me errors.
remount not permitted.
rm failed. ..... read only.
It sounds like you are running the stock rom still. Fresh pre-kitchen is designed for use on fresh rom.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Flipz, quick question for you...

If I'm understanding right, when you want to add programs back to the phone, the kitchen will create a zip file and push it to your SDcard when your phone is connected through ADB.. is that right? Then, you boot into nandroid and run the zip from there?

If so, would it be possible for you to create an option in future versions which would allow the zip to be pushed to the local drive and copied manually to the phone? I prefer doing it that way, because I'm usually repeating the process on multiple phones for my friends.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:54 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
Flipz, quick question for you...

If I'm understanding right, when you want to add programs back to the phone, the kitchen will create a zip file and push it to your SDcard when your phone is connected through ADB.. is that right? Then, you boot into nandroid and run the zip from there?
Nope, not at all. You pick what programs you want to add and it just pushes them straight to your phone. It doesn't create a zip or push it to your sdcard. It just pushes the apk's directly to your phone.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

In fact, I can't get the "add apps" feature to work for me at all, even though ADB. when I select the programs I want to add and click the install button, it flashes a command prompt window on my screen for about a quarter of a second, and then... nothing.

I've got a with google hero, rooted, fresh 1.0, and trying to install via a vista premium x64 OS with good drivers...

No error messages.. when I click the test command from the help screen, it tells me all is well.

Any help?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post
Nope, not at all. You pick what programs you want to add and it just pushes them straight to your phone. It doesn't create a zip or push it to your sdcard. It just pushes the apk's directly to your phone.
Thanks for the explanation.. I must have misread something a few days ago...
Old 12-31-2009, 01:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
In fact, I can't get the "add apps" feature to work for me at all, even though ADB. when I select the programs I want to add and click the install button, it flashes a command prompt window on my screen for about a quarter of a second, and then... nothing.

I've got a with google hero, rooted, fresh 1.0, and trying to install via a vista premium x64 OS with good drivers...

No error messages.. when I click the test command from the help screen, it tells me all is well.

Any help?
I'm having the same problem.. everything else seems to work just fine.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development