PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 08/03/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.3.3 | 4.24.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxforecaster View Post
Not sure how to explain this, but holding the power off button and selecting power off doesn't seem to perform this action. Rather it seems to put it in a "sleep mode". I went to install the toolbar icon update and selected Power Off with the intention of Power + Vol Down booting to get into Recovery.

However, after selecting Power Off and waiting for the phone to Power Off, the Power + Vol Down instead instead booted the phone back into HTC Sense in like 2 seconds (meaning it really was never powered off).

Anyone else see this behavior?

Evan
Yes, that's the stock behavior of the latest GB OTA. You can change this by going into settings/Applications/uncheck fastboot I believe. then you phone will actually turn off when you power off. Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wxforecaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] 08/03/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.3.3 | 4.24.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Ahhh interesting.

On another note, the toolbar icon patch didn't seem to work. It installed OK without errors, but the icons (white GPS, white signal stregnth, blocky 3G lettering, etc..) look identical to before. I miss the icons from the previous releases, which for example had nothing when GPS was off and a blue icon when it was on. The signal strength had green bars, etc...

Evan
Old 08-06-2011, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Okay guys when I get my hands on my brothers phone again I will make another attempt For now you will just be forced to live with the stock icons.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wxforecaster is a n00b

Chris,

While I got you here, in a previous version when you swiped down from the top of the screen, there was a toolbar that included quick switches for things like 4G, Wifi, GPS and the flashlight. Was this part of the stock ROM or something I needed to turn on...or one more for the to do list?

BTW, lastest version has been running superbly for the past 3 days.

Evan
Old 08-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxforecaster View Post
Chris,

While I got you here, in a previous version when you swiped down from the top of the screen, there was a toolbar that included quick switches for things like 4G, Wifi, GPS and the flashlight. Was this part of the stock ROM or something I needed to turn on...or one more for the to do list?

BTW, lastest version has been running superbly for the past 3 days.

Evan
Hi, unfortunately this feature was never included in the stock sense roms released for the EVO including the latest ota. The great dev community created this tweak for froyo based roms which the previous Sprint Lovers was based on. I think there is a workaround, an app in the market that might be something you would like. I forget the name of the app but will look for it later.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dcharleyultra is just getting started
This feature is also on GB ROMs like MikG.

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcharleyultra View Post
This feature is also on GB ROMs like MikG.

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk
True but Mik's ROM is a sense 2.1 ROM based off the shift ota, not the EVO gb ota.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Okay guys when I get my hands on my brothers phone again I will make another attempt For now you will just be forced to live with the stock icons.
Welcome back Chris
Old 08-10-2011, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution

djelmonstruo is keeping up the good workdjelmonstruo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to djelmonstruo Send a message via MSN to djelmonstruo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
hello chris welcome back... nice rom again ( not planing to make a rom like this to EVO 3D)
Old 08-10-2011, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Okay guys this one should hopefully take care of business for those of you who asked for the colored icons. Install via recovery and post your results.

DOWNLOAD
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development