PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

msvakos4589 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 02/25/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Download the stand alone rom then enter recovery, wipe dalvik and system cache but not data. Then select install rom from .zip and select the Sprint Lovers rom and install it. All of your data and programs will be waiting for you when it boots up.

Thanks for the tip. Trying now. What about text messages. . . will they be there as well or that gets all erased.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ProjectChaosX is a n00b
Re: [ROM] 02/25/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Hey Chris is it possible to implement the 4X5 Rosie in your rom??
Old 03-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

watchcricket is a n00b

Can somebody tell me how to do a full wipe of system/cache, dalvik-cache, and cache partitions prior to installing the ROM? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchcricket View Post
Can somebody tell me how to do a full wipe of system/cache, dalvik-cache, and cache partitions prior to installing the ROM? Thanks in advance.
There's a couple of ways to accomplish this. Using the wipe functions within your custom recovery of flashing Calkulin's "wipe all" zip file. My advice this...

Flash Amon RA Recovery 2.3. You will find the flashable zip file in the thread in the development forum. Search here at ppcgeeks or over at xda-developers. You can also get RA Recovery on your phone by installing ROM Manager from the Android market. After you install Rom manager must flash Clockwork Mod Recovery within Rom manager first, then it will allow you to flash the "alternate" recovery which is RA Recovery. Once you have RA recovery flashed on your phone boot into H-boot and select recovery. Next you will choose wipe function and it will bring up the full list of wiping option. Wipe everything except your sd-card. After you do all the wipes do not reboot. simply go back in the menu and flash the Rom of your choice. Remember you need to be on the latest radios so flash the all-in-one radio combo zip file first before you flash the Rom.

This should get you going. Good luck.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 03-19-2011 at 07:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Thanks tx. I had just flashed the rom and was seeing really slow load times for apps and such. Came online to try and figure out what I did wrong and I suspect that it was because I only wiped userdata and dalvik. Re-wiped and hit everything except the sd card as you suggested in your post and reflashed. All is good. Appreciate the info.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

watchcricket is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
There's a couple of ways to accomplish this. Using the wipe functions within your custom recovery of flashing Calkulin's "wipe all" zip file. My advice this...

Flash Amon RA Recovery 2.3. You will find the flashable zip file in the thread in the development forum. Search here at ppcgeeks or over at xda-developers. You can also get RA Recovery on your phone by installing ROM Manager from the Android market. After you install Rom manager must flash Clockwork Mod Recovery within Rom manager first, then it will allow you to flash the "alternate" recovery which is RA Recovery. Once you have RA recovery flashed on your phone boot into hoot and select recovery. Next you will choose wipe function and it will bring up the full list of wiping option. Wipe everything except your sd-card. After you do all the wipes do not reboot. simply go back in the menu and flash the Rom of your choice. Remember you need to be on the latest radios so flash the all-in-one radio combo zip file first before you flash the Rom.

This should get you going. Good luck.
Followed your directions and successfully flashed (all-in-one)! So far so good!! Installed some of my favorite apps last night, rebooted and thought I am good to go.

However this morning, woke up and to my surprise saw the battery @ 30% (down from 99% last night)!! Opened the "Advanced Task Manager" to see whats going on and see that almost every app is in the "Running List" including RSS Reader, Maps, Scoremobile, Qik, Sprint Zone, TeleNav GPS. Clicked on the "End All" button, checked after few minutes and see every app (except RSS Reader) again in the list!

All,
I need your help as I cannot carry this device with this setting/drainage.
Anybody having the same issues with these apps? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have the JuiceDefender with UltimateJuice enabled (with peak/night settings)

Last edited by watchcricket; 03-19-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Did you backup data/apps from a previous Rom and restore them to your new Sprint Lover's Rom? If so you might want to do a Factory Data Reset. Go into settings: SD&Phone Storage: then at the very buttom to will find the Factory Data Reset option.

I suspect something got messed up during restoring your data/apps or maybeDyou have an independent app killer/manager installed? Don't use an app killer whatsoever. It's not needed. If none of this applies to you then just do a Factory Data Reset and also boot into H-boot, go into recovery and wipe both Cache and Dalvic Cache again. Then reboot and this should be all thats needed to get you running fine again. This will all require you to have to reinstall your apps again but its the best way to get back to fresh operating condition. I don't like backing up apps/data because it can cause unexpected problems sometimes. I always do it the hard way and start from scratch by re-downloading my apps and manually setting up my phone like I want it each time I flash a Rom. That's just me though. I get a better feeling as well as no issues like you are having.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 03-19-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

ok so what is the best way I can backup all my APPS, with all their settings and backup the sense settings so that when I restore I get all my sense screens back and all my widgets back where they were etc...
Old 03-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Titanium Backup, it has lots of options. It's in the Android Market. I would run the rom fresh for a bit before restoring apps & data from a backup. Test things out first and see how battery life is etc. Once you feel its working fine then restore your apps. If you have problems after that then you have a problem and you will want to flash from scratch and reinstall your apps and manually set your phone up how you want it. Once you do it this way and all is well, do a android backup and you won't have to go through all this again...you would only have to wipe everything then restore your nandroid backup and EVERYTHING will be exactly how it was when you did the nandroid backup. This is why I always start from scratch when flashing a new Rom. Leaves no room for glitches or errors. It's worth the time and effort doing it the long hard way because you will know for sure you have everything clean installed from within that specific Rom. Hope this makes sense to you. A little work after flashing a new Rom will pay off in the end with a trouble-free Rom customized to your liking. This is my advice.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

I use titanium backup. WILL that backup all the sense settings and screen layouts? My goal will be to factory reset the phone, reinstall the latest sprint lovers rom, then the keral I am using and then use TITANIUM BACKUP to restore all my APPS AND my complete sense layout.. I also use SMOOTH SHORTCUTS to make folders and I need that backed up and restored as well.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development