PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
8/4/2010 Longhorn Froyo

Longhorn FROYO

Thanks must go to OMJ, dsixda. OMJ thanks for answering my questions i had with the android kitchen and also thanks to dsixda for making such a great kitchen. Also thanks to drgnlover for making such an awesome animation for me.

All right a little bit about my self well this is my first android device i been on the TP for the longest time and had the TP2 for like a week before i went to the EVO. I made some pretty darn good ROMS in my opinion in the TP and TP2 i was the guy that made the folders in the all programs areas first and help others on how i did it.

Whats new is its the new froyo rom and i have app2sd working also wifi tether works

About the ROM
I took out all the sprint stuff, added Astro, a better calculator, task panel x.
8/4/10
Code:
ADDED
Calculator
Superuser Permission
TaskPanel
Wireless Teather 2.0.7
new OTA Updates
Animation

REMOVED
amazonMp3
Twitter
FoorPrints
Nascar
Sprint Nav
NFL
Promotion
QIK
TV

COMMING SOON
LED LIGHT
Notes
USB Tethering
and many to come if you think there is something majority of people uses.

Right now this is a Beta ROM no bugs that i know of but being its my first release to the public i want you the users to test it and give me on feedback on what needs to be added maybe an app i forgot to be added or maybe remove some apps.

i am not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your phone.

Last edited by dodge_longhorn; 08-04-2010 at 11:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:41 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: 6/21/10 Longhorn V 1.0 Beta

Nice to see another chef make their way to the android section!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Nice to see another chef make their way to the android section!
thanks let me know what you guys think
Old 06-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Good to see you jumping in with a ROM longhorn!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

nice to see you jumping on the android bandwagon as well! cant wait to see what you whip up and how it runs... pm me if you would like a video made on your rom once you feel it is ready.
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

jpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Welcome and good luck. I always liked your ROMs for the TP
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
About the ROM
I took out all the sprint stuff, added Astro, a better calculator, task panel x.

Cool,

is this all you did or is there a changelog/things you added like wifi tethering, usb tethering, auotkiller for RAM usage settings, etc...?
Old 06-21-2010, 01:41 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Cool,

is this all you did or is there a changelog/things you added like wifi tethering, usb tethering, auotkiller for RAM usage settings, etc...?
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]
my bad yea there is wifi tethering and file task x is an autokiller
Old 06-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Another ROM to keep an eye on... i'm likin this...

Is Sense included in this ROM? I'm not a sense fan and would rather it not be there. Compiling 2 versions would bring your rom more traffic IMO

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
my bad yea there is wifi tethering and file task x is an autokiller
how about USB Tether, and Autokiller isn't a task manager the name is misleading, it's a utility that basically tells your device how to manage the RAM the way you want it (for rooted devices of course), but I have not seen it on the Evo, it is cooked into some Cyanogen roms I flash on other devices.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development