PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

thanks o.j unlocked and flashed in under 20 minutes. always a great experience. keep up the great work!
big props 2 the team too!
Old 11-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jappchae is a n00b
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Would some wise person please help me with this mystery: the button at the top-left of the manila music tab supposedly searches for album artwork (or some similar function) - how do I disable this function with a regedit? The problem is, the button itself crashes/reboots Manila instantly. Of course, to avoid pushing this button isn't hard at all, but the artwork search function may be the root of a much bigger unavoidable problem - if I'm in the music tab and view the library by artist, and then try to play the album of the last alphabetical artist, manila will crash after a second or two of playing the song (strangely, songs from albums higher up can play). Also, if I'm in landscape mode of the manila music tab, and try to scroll to the last album to the right, then manila will crash. Could it all be related to that artwork search button? I've searched but found nothing, and I'm surprised no one else is reporting this behavior because every manila 2.5 ROM I've used does the same thing (except for one of OMJ's early builds - I think it was using 2.5 version 191. If anyone might have an answer or can point me to the solution, much thanks.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

apeas2 is just getting started

How do I enable the beeps when i use the dialer for each number? Couldnt figure it out in the registry. When I dial a number manually, I would like the beep when I touch the key like the old dialers. TIA
Old 11-14-2009, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

86gn is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeas2 View Post
How do I enable the beeps when i use the dialer for each number? Couldnt figure it out in the registry. When I dial a number manually, I would like the beep when I touch the key like the old dialers. TIA
Bring up the dial pad, then goto menu and options and you can select if you want tones or not for the dial pad
Old 11-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DIAM500
Carrier: telus

masterdoofus is a n00b

now ive read all 51 pages of this thread but i havnet heard anyone mention a memory leak..

ive flashed with 6.5.1 v1 (twice)and v1.2(once) and both after full install process have about 40ish mb free in storage memory... but after 6-7 hoursof just casualy using my phone, opera,sms, maybe a few pictures... nothing major, i get a low storage memory error. i goto start>settings>system>memory and it shows like 0.03mb free and wont even send an email.

its saving my pictures on the internal storage so i dont think thats the issue... whats going on? anyone else has a similar problem?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

dstruct2k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdoofus View Post
now ive read all 51 pages of this thread but i havnet heard anyone mention a memory leak..

ive flashed with 6.5.1 v1 (twice)and v1.2(once) and both after full install process have about 40ish mb free in storage memory... but after 6-7 hoursof just casualy using my phone, opera,sms, maybe a few pictures... nothing major, i get a low storage memory error. i goto start>settings>system>memory and it shows like 0.03mb free and wont even send an email.

its saving my pictures on the internal storage so i dont think thats the issue... whats going on? anyone else has a similar problem?
What's the Opera cache folder size set to?
Are you downloading email attachments and not saving them to the storage "card"?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DIAM500
Carrier: telus

masterdoofus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstruct2k View Post
What's the Opera cache folder size set to?
Are you downloading email attachments and not saving them to the storage "card"?
opera disk cash size it set to 4mb.. and i think im saving attachments to the internal storage card. where is the default save location for attachments?

thanks.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Reliance India

gadgetcrazy is just getting started

I am on 23504. The dialer wont display properly. The part that contains slider to answer is missing so I have to use hard keys to do that. Apart from that and battery life this is a wonderful ROM. Thanks a lot OMJ.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdoofus View Post

I am also experiencing a similar problem. I cannot figure out where the memory is going or what is using it.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:30 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by megapinky View Post
new fix for 6.5.1, fix manila position and let picture tab works like 21870

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=883

HTC Sense almost perfect
yeah, I just saw that, gonna test it out. If it works good, I'll make a cab and included in future releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondeyes View Post
Oi! OMJ..you're awesome..now if the MMS delivery rcpt will stop popping up as failed..I'll be good!
I'm gonna test the Connection setup app posted @ xda to see if it will resolve this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Yup. The only thing now is the people tab but like I said I am in no hurry as it is sweet otherwise now and I know your time is limited right now OMJ. Maybe when you get some time next week you can fix it.
sorry, but this is the downside to disabling the HTC messaging, and using the stock WM messaging. This would involve the people tab to be ported appropriately to work w/ stock messaging. I just dont have the time right now to learn how to port. If someone ports it to work, I'll gladly cook it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiNcOnNs View Post
I am really loving this new rom, seems very stable.

One quick question, what app do we use with this rom for adding custom weather entries?

thanks
love the rom
I think I read somewhere that the same app for 2.1 will work....give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hessien View Post
Noticed over at XDA that they got 6.1 working with manila 2.5 on a GSM diamond. Any chance w cn gat one for our CDMA diamonds?
yeah, I had planned on making one soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeddeh View Post
Sorry for the extra post. What are the chances of a volume app being made that is similar to the 6.1? The black screen with ring and system and the levels in white. Or do I have to enable that somehow? running 23504. Right now all I see is a white screen that is in a message box from the volume icon in the taskbar.
yeah I hate that bubble volume control in 6.5.1. It was stated earlier that HTC volume does not work in 6.5.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetcrazy View Post
I am on 23504. The dialer wont display properly. The part that contains slider to answer is missing so I have to use hard keys to do that. Apart from that and battery life this is a wonderful ROM. Thanks a lot OMJ.
maybe you had a bad flash, I just tested the dialer on 23504 & it was working fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeddeh View Post
thanks. On the 23504 I'm on, there is no "more" tab. It only lists Time and Alarms. still searching for a fix.

Also, is there a button I can press to see what programs are minimized? Like the drop down list in 6.1?

EDIT: another bug found. --> when a sms comes in, the black message screen (not sure what it's called, it's the screen you see when you touch the messages icon on the slide bar at the bottom). When the sms comes in, it is not shown when you tap the messages screen. Rather, it shows the 2nd latest message instead. Need to scroll up to see the most recent message recieved.
I'm not sure where to disable the clock, but I see what I can find. Also, I've seen the same on new sms', but I'm not sure what the issue is.

Last edited by OMJ; 11-15-2009 at 08:32 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development