PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

juliocvaldez is keeping up the good workjuliocvaldez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Almost Stock Sprint Rom

I found the problem. I uploaded the wrong folder to Megaupload. I will correct that now. Has anyone tried myunspace?
Edit: Something very strange is happenning here. I just uploaded the file again and made sure it was the right one. When I uploaded it showed something like 88.4M. When I went to download it it showed like 104M. And I tried flashing and got the same error. I think it's either getting corrupt or crossed somehow at Megaupload.

Edit: Yes. Definately files being crossed. My nbh is 108M and the one being downloaded is 123M.

Last edited by juliocvaldez; 04-13-2009 at 12:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

one1deeep is a n00b

myunspace isn't working (at least for me it isn't)

Looking forward to this though...thanks.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

juliocvaldez is keeping up the good workjuliocvaldez is keeping up the good work

Ok I got a working download link. I renamed the file and all is good now. See post 1.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:53 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just downloaded and flashed successfuly. Looks OK at a glance (I'm in a meeting and can't do much more for now).

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:00 PM
SL.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SL. is becoming a great contributor

i was able to flash successfully as well. running even faster after the Clear Storage procedure.

was wondering, is there a cab to change the highlight color on the ROM? i know everything is yellow right now (since it's the Sprint stock theme), but can i change it to a grey/silver or blue without much effort? or is that built into the ROM?

Sprint Customer for 4+ Years
SERO 500 : 3 Lines : 20% Loyalty Discount : 1 HTC Diamond : 1 HTC Touch

HTC Diamond :ROM: OMJ Sense
Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 PM
A Geek For Eons

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL. View Post
i was able to flash successfully as well. running even faster after the Clear Storage procedure.

was wondering, is there a cab to change the highlight color on the ROM? i know everything is yellow right now (since it's the Sprint stock theme), but can i change it to a grey/silver or blue without much effort? or is that built into the ROM?
Mine's not yellow.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Mine's not yellow.
I think he's talking about when things are pressed and they turn yellow. If this is the case, yes you can customize that but it can require some effort. You can actually customize anything Manila using Manila Editor. It might require some effort though. You have to find all the buttons and things you want to change and copy them over to the Windows folder in your phone. I'm a bit color blind but I can tell you the Vodafone them has a bluish pressed button color. I can help you more on how to do this if you're interested.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:48 PM
A Geek For Eons

Additional feedback

- This ROM has Storage = 106 / 23 free / 82. Stock after customizations = 90 / 43 / 46. Interesting point - Original Stock has total Storage of 100, new stock is 90, your ROM is 106! Neat - any thoughts on what caused that?

- Clicking on Opera Help give me an error message. Again, I'm several months behind here - isn' that how you get the build#?

- Scrolling by Sprint TV on home page tabs causes the device to freeze for a few seconds,

Nice job!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:02 AM
A Geek For Eons

Can you make available the Sprint Nav and Sprint TV cabs you removed? I'd like to change them to uninstallable and installable to Internal Storage.

I see that both PictureMail.cab and PictureMail.exe are both in the ROM. Are both needed?

Thanks again. Really liking this ROM so far,
Old 04-14-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Additional feedback

- This ROM has Storage = 106 / 23 free / 82. Stock after customizations = 90 / 43 / 46. Interesting point - Original Stock has total Storage of 100, new stock is 90, your ROM is 106! Neat - any thoughts on what caused that?

- Clicking on Opera Help give me an error message. Again, I'm several months behind here - isn' that how you get the build#?

- Scrolling by Sprint TV on home page tabs causes the device to freeze for a few seconds,

Nice job!
Thanks. I will need to search for the help file. If you find it before I do just drop it in the Windows folder. I'm pretty sure that will do it. I guess it wasn't in the OEM that I used. As far as the storage goes, I'm not sure how all that happens. I have read that the kitchens change this when rebuilding the rom. I believe the whole seperation of RAM and ROM is affected. I have noticed the Sprint TV issue from other builds and it has gone away after a few uses.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development