PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 11:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jrdatrackstar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jrdatrackstar
Custom ROM problems

I have been trying all the custom roms, and even cooked my own. I always seem to have lock up problems, no matter how many times I hard reset or no matter how many different roms I try. Also, any custom rom I try that is based on the leaked sprint rom gives me battery problems. I will turn the phone off, and when I turn it back on a few seconds later, the battery will drop from like 80% to 60%, with no usage in between. The only rom that doesn't give me problems is the leaked sprint rom. However, I really want the rapidcharge.dll so that I can tether as long as I want to. Is there a way I can have the rapidcharge.dll in the leaked sprint rom?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:39 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Re: Custom ROM problems

EDIT: Honestly, I don't know how this ended up as a post. I got a request via PM and I replied to that PM with that message. I had no intention of posting it again on the board because in the other post I stated I would not repost it publicly even if no2chem gave his blessing (which he did). As a result, I took this link down to be consistent with what I stated earlier as my feelings on the matter haven't chaged.

I didn't want jrdatrackstar mentioning I gave it to him so I wouldn't start getting requests for this. Some of the others on this forum had me convinced that somehow I was wrong for posting it. However, I was browsing his website last night and see that he does give permission just like I said before and got grief for it. And here is the direct quote from his website, which is exactly in line with the first time I posted this in another thread and got grief for it.

Quote:
On a side note, I’d like to note that you’re always welcome to use my stuff in your ROM or whatever, (this includes nueKernel, the battery drivers, etc.) Just don’t edit the strings (i.e. my name). Additionally, it would be nice for you to mention my name somewhere.
Wow...my original thought on permission was absolutely correct when I posted it in the original thread. I can't believe I let some of you convince me that I wasn't allowed to post it even though he said its fine. Guess I should have trusted myself more.

With that said, anyone that wants to post it should do so because no2chem is ok with it.

Last edited by stroths; 02-14-2009 at 01:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
Do not share this and don't mention that I gave it to you. No2Chem hasn't authorized this going out and I don't want a lot of requests for this.

Enjoy

http://rapidshare.com/files/19656137...Charge.cab.zip
isn't it kinda obvious when its posted on a forum that you're sharing this?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wink Re: Custom ROM problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns View Post
isn't it kinda obvious when its posted on a forum that you're sharing this?
Shhhh! We aren't suppose to say anything.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:59 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Guess this was just hot air:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=66
Old 02-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
lol? maybe he screwed up and was trying to PM him or something
Old 02-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
ROFL. well that would be an Epic Fail.

I thought most of the Custom ROMs, if not all, had this built in to them?
Old 02-14-2009, 01:21 PM

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Quote:
Guess you jumped to yet another conclusion. Thanks for the support though. I am glad my help here on the forum is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
Unfortunately that was the case. I updated my post and quote where No2chem gave permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTSFx View Post
ROFL. well that would be an Epic Fail.

I thought most of the Custom ROMs, if not all, had this built in to them?
They do because he gave permission to do so.

Last edited by stroths; 02-14-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:31 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
EDIT: Honestly, I don't know how this ended up as a post. I got a request via PM and I replied to that PM with that message. I had no intention of posting it again on the board because in the other post I stated I would not repost it publicly even if no2chem gave his blessing (which he did). As a result, I took this link down to be consistent with what I stated earlier as my feelings on the matter haven't chaged.

I didn't want jrdatrackstar mentioning I gave it to him so I wouldn't start getting requests for this. Some of the others on this forum had me convinced that somehow I was wrong for posting it. However, I was browsing his website last night and see that he does give permission just like I said before and got grief for it. And here is the direct quote from his website, which is exactly in line with the first time I posted this in another thread and got grief for it.
Quote:
Quote:
On a side note, I’d like to note that you’re always welcome to use my stuff in your ROM or whatever, (this includes nueKernel, the battery drivers, etc.) Just don’t edit the strings (i.e. my name). Additionally, it would be nice for you to mention my name somewhere.
Wow...my original thought on permission was absolutely correct when I posted it in the original thread. I can't believe I let some of you convince me that I wasn't allowed to post it even though he said its fine. Guess I should have trusted myself more.

With that said, anyone that wants to post it should do so because no2chem is ok with it.
Unfortunately, you failed to include the sentence that comes immediately after the one you quoted, which clearly states:

Quote:
As usual, please don’t mirror stuff (because it causes people to send me e-mails about old stuff), but link to the relevant pages – permalinks are available throughout the site.
See here: http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...rity-Work.aspx

If you don't wanna honor no2's request, to only link to his permalinks, I guess that's your purgative. If you are uploading externally, guess what -- that's a mirror. If there is no permalink to a specific file that is only available through the donator CP, I bet no2chem has a reason.

Last edited by indagroove; 02-14-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, you failed to include the sentence that come immediately after the one you quoted, which clearly states:

See here: http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...rity-Work.aspx

I would have if there was a permalink to this app. Since there is not, my link was never a mirror and I complied with his instructions exactly. Nice try though.

Quote:
If you don't wanna honor no2's request, to only link to his permalinks, I guess that's your purgative. If you are uploading externally, guess what -- that's a mirror. If there is no permalink to a specific file that is only available through the donator CP, I bet no2chem has a reason.
You need an original to make it a mirror. He doesn't post this driver in his control panel. However, he does post the whole rom with the driver in his control panel and publicly on his website. I can appreciate that you want to stick to your argument. Unfortunately, are not in the right in this case which is fine. I have been wrong plenty of times in the past and have no issues with that. We have both made some good contributions to this forum and made it better as a result. Continuation of this conversation will serve no purpose than to shadow our contributions to this forum. If you want to continue then feel free, but it will be one sided at this point.

Last edited by stroths; 02-14-2009 at 02:04 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development