PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Metro Pcs

mrtamerr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to mrtamerr
Lightbulb Metro flashed diamonds

Ok,

I must say i have search the site and i don't see to many post related to metro flashed diamonds. So for those few of us who have been bold enough to unlimit ourselves, I'm going to start this thread. Here u will find answer on how to unlock ur cdma phone, yes i said i unlock. Setting up internet, gps, emial, and finally mms. I would greatly appreciate the help of any one who has any info to share. Who knows, maybe if there are enough of us we can get some metro based roms....

I have had my touch diamond for about 2 months now, although i'm am not new to the htc world. I have notice that the diamonds are just a touch differnt to upgrade. So it has been a learning process in it self. With that said let us began....

All diamonds i repeat all diamonds can be flashed by metropcs. Don't let them tell u any different, which they will, because sadly they don't check houdini. What is houdini, this is the program that metro use to flash there phones, and if u go on there website u will see a whole list of phone they can flash. Thats what i did, then I simply went in the store and told them I saw the phone on the site and that they can flash it. Here is where the adventour began, they try to just hook it up to the pc and flash.....ahhhhhhhh no go.....make sure they download the HTC patch from the houdini website....there is also a tutorial on the site that tell them exactly what to do......yeahhhhhhhhhhh so now ur flashed....

Now lets unlock the phone.....yes i know it says security unlocked on the tri-color srceen. Guess what its not u need to download a hard spl to unlock the phone so that u can start playing with roms...do u need roms to put the internet and mms on the phone. It seem that every post i have read seems to support that( if some one seem to find differnt please let us know). U can find the Hard spl here....spl-0.57 cmonex this is the cdma unlocker that i used.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35839 download, instruction and install can be found here, Thanks to Cmonex. Just a side note there are two on there, the spl-0.43 is for advance user that like to tinker with the bootloader, not BEGINERS i repeat not NOOBS.

Now to the easy part picking a roms....well not really because there are some many to choose from. I have used juicy4.4 which work well i had all but mms working. Juicy is hard to find so if u don't feel like doing the leg work there are other roms to use (Please report ur usage so others will know). Now i'm in the process of upgrading to groove3 rom. I have had a few issue not sure if it due to the fact that it made for sprint and has alot of sprint stock rom in it. Or maybe i'm just doing something wrong, but i will get back to u with my findings. In the mean time i'm going to learn how to make a rom and see if i can get our first metro specific rom...

side note i'm using vista and i have no problem flashing.....
Old 02-13-2009, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Metro flashed diamonds

what? Its a nice post and im thinking of going to metro due to problems with radioshack. I dont mean to sound messed up, but the post is really hard to understand.

-------------------------

Why would you buy a Windows Mobile Smartphone, and try to make it look and work like an iPhone?

Kinda like buying a Ferrari and trying to make it into a Ford Taurus.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mrtamerr is a n00b
Lightbulb Re: Metro flashed diamonds

[quote=mrtamerr;710546]Ok,

I must say i have search the site and i don't see to many post related to metro flashed diamonds. So for those few of us who have been bold enough to unlimit ourselves, I'm going to start this thread. Here u will find answer on how to unlock ur cdma phone, yes i said i unlock. Setting up internet, gps, emial, and finally mms. I would greatly appreciate the help of any one who has any info to share. Who knows, maybe if there are enough of us we can get some metro based roms....

I have had my touch diamond for about 2 months now, although i'm am not new to the htc world. I have notice that the diamonds are just a touch differnt to upgrade. So it has been a learning process in it self. With that said let us began....

All diamonds i repeat all diamonds can be flashed by metropcs. Don't let them tell u any different, which they will, because sadly they don't check houdini. What is houdini, this is the program that metro use to flash there phones, and if u go on there website u will see a whole list of phone they can flash. Thats what i did, then I simply went in the store and told them I saw the phone on the site and that they can flash it. Here is where the adventour began, they try to just hook it up to the pc and flash.....ahhhhhhhh no go.....make sure they download the HTC patch from the houdini website....there is also a tutorial on the site that tell them exactly what to do......yeahhhhhhhhhhh so now ur flashed....

Now lets unlock the phone.....yes i know it says security unlocked on the tri-color srceen. Guess what its not u need to download a hard spl to unlock the phone so that u can start playing with roms...do u need roms to put the internet and mms on the phone. It seem that every post i have read seems to support that( if some one seem to find differnt please let us know). U can find the Hard spl here....spl-0.57 cmonex this is the cdma unlocker that i used.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35839 download, instruction and install can be found here, Thanks to Cmonex. Just a side note there are two on there, the spl-0.43 is for advance user that like to tinker with the bootloader, not BEGINERS i repeat not NOOBS.

Now to the easy part picking a roms....well not really because there are some many to choose from. I have used juicy4.4 which work well i had all but mms working. Juicy is hard to find so if u don't feel like doing the leg work there are other roms to use (Please report ur usage so others will know). Now i'm in the process of upgrading to groove3 rom. I have had a few issue not sure if it due to the fact that it made for sprint and has alot of sprint stock rom in it. Or maybe i'm just doing something wrong, but i will get back to u with my findings. In the mean time i'm going to learn how to make a rom and see if i can get our first metro specific rom...

[Remember the answer is only a search away]
Old 02-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mrtamerr is a n00b

which part are u having an issue with and i will see if i can explain it better...
Old 02-13-2009, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtamerr View Post
Ok,

on that
Old 02-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Firstly, this post makes little sense.
Secondly... unlocking your phone to allow custom ROMs is already explained much clearer in the stickied thread.
Thirdly, not all Diamond can be use on MetroPCS as there exists GSM diamond and CDMA diamond which are complete different devices.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This stuff is already covered in the stickies, and in a much user friendlier way.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i knew i wasntthe only one. thisthing makes no sense.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mrtamerr is a n00b

yes u can find this information in other threads, that y i reference to each thread where the information can be found. I'm just trying to make a one stop shop for metropcs user to come to. So that they can find the information quickly to get there phone up and running.

U are right there is a difference in cdma and gsm diamond, but that why i post on the cdma side. I also stated that u have to use the cdma hard spl to unlock the phone.

This thread is intend for metro and future metro user....as ther are other thread decated to the big carrier but none for metro. This thread just tell u where to get all the info u need not how to do it. Cause as it has been stated all of that has been cover already. It just seem to be to spread out...
Old 02-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mrtamerr is a n00b

ok this thread is closing....it seem as if half the information i posted. on where to find valuable information to get ur metro up and running. seems to have been removed....so happy hunting fellow metro users

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development