PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

cgsarebeast is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cgsarebeast
Exclamation Personal ROM ?s

Hi, Im making a ROM for myself and Im using Build OS. I have pretty much figured it out, the prob is when I flash my diamond, it works(boots up fine the 1st time) then if I soft reset or turn it off or w/e it freezes on the boot screen. I want to use this ROM that I have made, I jus dunno why its freezing. I have heard it has sumthin to do with OEMs. An if I got that correct, I only used my custom one, but I dont think thats it. I have a theory, that is the the boot screens? Idk if that sounds stupid, but I have the main boot screen, a sub splash screen, splash screen, animation(which I have never seen the sub splash or animation when I boot up, jus the HTC Boot, main boot, an splash), an the HTC Boot screen. Idk what a sub splash screen is, but idk how to turn it off, I think I figured it out tho. I turned off the animation an the sub splash, but now the ROM wont compile soo idk? any ideas, thanks in advance

JD
Old 02-11-2009, 03:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Personal ROM ?s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsarebeast View Post
Hi, Im making a ROM for myself and Im using Build OS. I have pretty much figured it out, the prob is when I flash my diamond, it works(boots up fine the 1st time) then if I soft reset or turn it off or w/e it freezes on the boot screen. I want to use this ROM that I have made, I jus dunno why its freezing. I have heard it has sumthin to do with OEMs. An if I got that correct, I only used my custom one, but I dont think thats it. I have a theory, that is the the boot screens? Idk if that sounds stupid, but I have the main boot screen, a sub splash screen, splash screen, animation(which I have never seen the sub splash or animation when I boot up, jus the HTC Boot, main boot, an splash), an the HTC Boot screen. Idk what a sub splash screen is, but idk how to turn it off, I think I figured it out tho. I turned off the animation an the sub splash, but now the ROM wont compile soo idk? any ideas, thanks in advance

JD
If it were me, I would leave the animation and sub splash screens out of the build. When I built my custom rom with Calkulin's 4.2 kitchen, I left the animation screen out ... everything works great. By the way, I think Calcu's stuff is easier to use.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:

JD
I had the same problem when I started out. Most of the time you either deleted something you weren't suppose to or just a bad combination of oems. I would suggest you try out Calcu's kitchen. It is pretty straightforward.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Carrier: Sprint

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

I don't think the no-boot situation has anything to do with the animation itself, though you are onto something about the OEMs. Generally, a no-boot sitauation is an OEM problem 90% of the time. Are using an OEM for your custom animation? What other non-standard OEMs are you loading? Also, when you say it won't compile, is it giving you the duplicate file error, the hive file error, or something else entirely?

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 02-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Carrier: Sprint

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
I had the same problem when I started out. Most of the time you either deleted something you weren't suppose to or just a bad combination of oems. I would suggest you try out Calcu's kitchen. It is pretty straightforward.
I totally agree. Calcu's kitchen is the most comprehensive available. I swear by it!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cgsarebeast is a n00b

Thanks so much for your replys, an I would use a diff kitchen I jus no this 1, an I have my ROM jus how I want it. Im new to this(not computers, but ROM Building). But as for the OEMs(if I get wat they r, which I belve it do) I have one, the one I made, an I didnt change anything to do w/ the boot that I no of. an as for the error its n a dialog box an it says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" (which happed right after I changed the sub splash an the animation, idk if it was that I doubt it, but I didnt work after, but b4) then the it freezes.

Thanks Again,
JD
Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Thanks so much for your replys, an I would use a diff kitchen I jus no this 1, an I have my ROM jus how I want it. Im new to this(not computers, but ROM Building). But as for the OEMs(if I get wat they r, which I belve it do) I have one, the one I made, an I didnt change anything to do w/ the boot that I no of. an as for the error its n a dialog box an it says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" (which happed right after I changed the sub splash an the animation, idk if it was that I doubt it, but I didnt work after, but b4) then the it freezes.

Thanks Again,
JD
Sorry ... I'm not sure what you just said ... but if it isn't working, then you would be well advised to listen to what the three of us have suggested. It only takes a couple of minutes to download Calcu's kitchen, and perhaps five minutes to put together a custom rom. It's pretty easy, and it works.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:26 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I also use calcu's kitchen. Find it the easiest to use/most like my old kitchen. And at times, you just have to backup and rebuild everything....

Old 02-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cgsarebeast is a n00b

But I didnt ask that I dont want to use that, I already have mine built, so are you gunna help me, or jus tell me to uses sumthin else, that I dont wanna use?
Old 02-12-2009, 03:01 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

What base rom and kitchen? Most of the kitchens available use buildos...And specific error messages?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development