Thread: Personal ROM ?s
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 03:58 PM
wmdunn
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Personal ROM ?s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsarebeast View Post
Hi, Im making a ROM for myself and Im using Build OS. I have pretty much figured it out, the prob is when I flash my diamond, it works(boots up fine the 1st time) then if I soft reset or turn it off or w/e it freezes on the boot screen. I want to use this ROM that I have made, I jus dunno why its freezing. I have heard it has sumthin to do with OEMs. An if I got that correct, I only used my custom one, but I dont think thats it. I have a theory, that is the the boot screens? Idk if that sounds stupid, but I have the main boot screen, a sub splash screen, splash screen, animation(which I have never seen the sub splash or animation when I boot up, jus the HTC Boot, main boot, an splash), an the HTC Boot screen. Idk what a sub splash screen is, but idk how to turn it off, I think I figured it out tho. I turned off the animation an the sub splash, but now the ROM wont compile soo idk? any ideas, thanks in advance

JD
If it were me, I would leave the animation and sub splash screens out of the build. When I built my custom rom with Calkulin's 4.2 kitchen, I left the animation screen out ... everything works great. By the way, I think Calcu's stuff is easier to use.